BGT Ulgoth's Beard Area Number

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest_Davin_*-

-Guest_Davin_*-

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:30 PM

I've beaten Sarevok in the BG1 portion of BGT, went back the the Duchal Palace and spoke with Belt, which I believe is supposed to start Tales of the Sword Coast. The conversation just ended, though. I don't know how to get to Ulgoth's Beard by way of the overland map, so I either need assistance in doing so, or the location number (in BGT) of Ulgoth's Beard. The location number it's listed as in Baldur's Gate 1 no longer applies, as it's now taken up by the temple section of Amn. Any help is appreciated.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:42 PM

It is area ARU000 and the guy standing next to Belt should have revealed this area on your map. You can get there from the bridge area outside BG. Maybe from the farm just north also but I doubt it.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 -muchmore-

-muchmore-

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:06 PM

I got the same problem.

then in Ulgoths Beard then I'm not able to take the tour (Ike does not show up at the tower, as he should).

Will these events cause any problems later? Is there anything I can do about it? What exactly do I have to "solve" in order to be able to leave BG1 and proceed to SOA?

thanks in advance.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:14 PM

Sounds buggy but you should still be able to limp through the game. After you complete all of the TSotSC quests (werewolf island, Durlag, etc) go back to see Belt. He will tell you to go rest at the inn. In about 3 days (yes 3, not 1, not 2) he will send a messenger to you.

Go visit Belt again. He will tell you about another quest. This is when some of the NPCs are supposed to leave you (not that is always works). You will then move to a wooded area and Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, etc will join you, even if they were not part of your team before.

You should get jumped by the Shadow Thieves and wake up in Jon's dungeon. This part of the mod is tricky and doesn't always work. So save a game before visiting Belt for the last time.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 -muchmore-

-muchmore-

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

thank god it worked! a tip for everyone having the same problem:
type CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PartyGoByeByeNow","GLOBAL",2) , talk to belt and the dialog that sends you to the 3 kegs & to ulgoths beard will start!

PS: Even transistion worked!