maps: Buttons disappeared !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lannister

Lannister
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

I`m sorry , but i don`t know how to say this in english.
I did the unseeing eye quest, and now was i return to the surface and i use the mini-maps the buttons showing locations like the temple of Helm or the Brotherhood of the radiant heart disappeared from the map.
I can enter these places but theirt descriptions have disappeared from the maps. That accounts for ALL minimaps on every location, be it umar hills, D`Arnise stronghold or Athkatla.

Does anyone has any idea how to bring them back ????

Thanks in advance,
L.

#2 Lannister

Lannister
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:02 PM

OK, I solved this problem by restoring an ealier save game and somehwo that problem diddn`t turn up anymore, however i have two further probs:

I have the quest from Jierdan Firkraag to go to the windspear hills and i also aquired a quest in the umar hills to erscue a small boy from Trollford.

Both locations are presnt on my worldmap but are highlighted in grey an i cannot reach them.....

Does anyone know how to get there ???

Thanks in advance,
L.

#3 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:07 PM

One of the buttons up top turns the icons on and off, though I can't recall which one. One does that and the other takes you to the worldmap.

As to getting to the other areas, have you tried leaving from the City Gates area?

#4 Lannister

Lannister
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

One of the buttons up top turns the icons on and off, though I can't recall which one.  One does that and the other takes you to the worldmap.

As to getting to the other areas, have you tried leaving from the City Gates area?

View Post

Yes i did. These grey areas occured for the umar hills also, but somehow, after i got to trademeet, the umar hills icon turned coloured, so i could enter it.
I don`t know of it has something to do with my install (TBP +CTB + Tashia+ Ruad+ FR/ROV), but there are two locations, which i believe do not belong to the original BG II, which have no descriptions but there is a big sentence written below these locations, which seems out of place to me.
Later in the day I`ll paste the screenshot here, so you understand what i mean.

L.

#5 Lannister

Lannister
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:31 AM

OK,

Here are the pics which illustrate IMHO what is wrong on my worldmap:

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Attached Images

• map_1.jpg