Shar Teel +

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

Ok...
have sharteel but when reached 18 rep she runs off, then comes back imediately...
and asks to join.

Reallly want to keep her so had happy npcs mod...
still doenst work...

any ideas?

Secondly, how is the chance of stealing an item from a shop calculated?
What skills does a htief need, or is it only dependent on lvl?

#2 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:55 AM

Warlock posted a way around this here.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#3 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:03 PM

DLCTEP or whatever i've never used.. but gets loads of errors when reading chitin key etc...

SK doesn't work either ....

any other, other, idea?

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

install the happy patch from Ease-of-Use: it's an undocumented 'C' for compatible component (all it does is add a fixed version of HAPPY.2DA to yr override folder, so you can always remove it if you need to).

no more cranky Shar-teel (or Viccy or Edwin or.... <insert evil NPC name of yr choice>).

[EDIT] having thought about it a bit more, that won't work for shar-teel: it might stop her complaining, but not leaving, as that's governed by SHARTEEL.BCS.

so: if you've got a non-biffed override folder, simply remove SHARTEEL.BCS from yr override folder, and she'll be happy regardless of yr reputation. *all* SHARTEEL.BCS contains is her 'i leave if yr rep is too high' script, so removing it won't cause any other in-game issues.

if yr override folder *is* biffed, try making a blank text file (in notepad or something), name it SHARTEEL, change the extension to .BCS and put it in yr override folder - bob's yr uncle, no more cranky shar-teel.

you can still install the Ease-of-Use happy patch to stop other NPCs leaving when they're unhappy with yr behaviour.

Edited by seanas, 30 November 2004 - 04:45 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:42 AM

I am afrraid everything suggested doesn't work...
my override was biffed, but from other mods sharteel.bcs was added... tried removing it but to no avail...

any ideas?
Or am I going to have to kill an innocent... ahahaaamoooahamooo

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:12 AM

did you try

if yr override folder *is* biffed, try making a blank text file (in notepad or something), name it SHARTEEL, change the extension to .BCS and put it in yr override folder - bob's yr uncle, no more cranky shar-teel.

because this should work fine: the game engine will read the blank file called sharteel.bcs in yr override folder in preference to whatever you've got biffed up, and she won't get cranky when yr rep gets too high.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 08:56 AM

I've got near infinity... is there supposed to be a setup with it?
Its just a bunch of files.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:04 AM

NI is a Java program. Don't try to extract it! Right click on the JAR file and select "Open with" and select javaw. If it isn't on the list, have you installed Java on that machine? Also, NI has an option to download with a batch file that will open it for you. I setup a shortcut from my desktop to that batch file so I don't have to go find the JAR file and right click, etc.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website