26 replies to this topic

#1 wavingdragon

wavingdragon

kender-born

• 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:58 AM

1. The Kid Saved by Aerie

Remember, Aerie is really OLD!!!
(I'm thinking one of the Radiant Heart paladins, probably the one outside the RH stronghold, whatever his name, watching Garrick and the gnome courting Lady Whoever, or Sir Ryan; or any one evil bastard in the game, woe be Aerie!)

2. Viconia's Brother

Again I don't remember his name. Let's say he got saved by the drow thief god ________ (name missing) from Lolth's drider curse, to some extent, and became a half-drider - day a drow and night a drider when Lolth's power reigns. The PC can join him and save him from Lolth's curse. And the Epilogue can mention that he beats Lolth's assassination attempt on Viconia. A happy ending for a romancing-Viconia Charname.

3. The Ultimate Copper Coronet

After you defeat Lehtian, you take over Copper Coronet as your own base, and work to overthrow both the Shadow Thieves and Bodhi's Assassination Guild. And find a third option to reach Brynnlaw by hiring your own ship (but probably with the very same Captain Saemon). Hendak becomes a joinable PC.

That's all for now...

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:21 AM

Uh-huh... only the first one is quite new.

#3 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:45 AM

True, but I don't think the event where she rescued the child happened 10 years or more before she met <CHARNAME>. She doesn't say exactly how long she's been traveling with the circus through Amn, but considering the freshness of her trauma, I think there might have been a year between the rescue of the child and meeting <CHARNAME>. Maybe even two years, but not much more. I mean, regardless of how "weak" everyone thinks Aerie is, such personal losses and sadness erode in time, and 10 years or so is more than enough to make her get used to it, even in an Elf's life. Also, I've read that Avariel have a shorter life-span than other elves, such as Wood Elves or Drow.

http://myth-drannor....hyr/Avarial.htm

There we go. 2nd edition AD&D Avariel information.

As for Viconia's brother, I would like a happy ending for her Romance. ^_^

The Copper Coronet one seems a little...ehh....
An assault against both the Shadow Thief Guild and Bohdi's Clan? From a tavern? They'd have you arrested and sent to Spellhold for insanity. :P

#4 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

An assault against both the Shadow Thief Guild and Bohdi's Clan? From a tavern? They'd have you arrested and sent to Spellhold for insanity. :P

View Post

Heh, theres the new path to spellhold. jk.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#5 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:00 PM

View Post

Heh, theres the new path to spellhold. jk.

View Post

Heh...actually, that's not too bad of an idea on how to get there.

Get arrested. There could be a prison break scenario .Spellhold's used to keeping weakling mages, not Minsc! NO BARS CAN HOLD MINSC'S BERSERKER STRENGTH! And NO CAGE CAN HOLD THE SMARTS OF BOO, FOR THEY ARE VERY LARGE! Almost as large as Minsc. And considering that Minsc is so very big, and Boo so very small, that is quite a lot.
Posted Image

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:38 AM

but take into account that CC is both a slaver outpost and a criminal entertainment center, and even an armoury too. not simply any tavern you would go. it holds an entire organization within.

#7 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:35 PM

but take into account that CC is both a slaver outpost and a criminal entertainment center, and even an armoury too. not simply any tavern you would go. it holds an entire organization within.

View Post

The slavers are probably in league with the Shadow Thieves. Usually guilds do that.

THe armory? Well, firstly that's just the whole shop thing - unrealistic. But even so, the weapons are probably illegal, and supplied by...can ya guess?

Criminal entertainment center. Yes, there are whores. And often, prostitutes are a part of a thief's guild - essentially, think of the guild as their pimp. Now, not all prostitutes are like that - and hell, Prostitution may or may not be legal in Amn, I am unsure, and there's really no way to find out. But there's a very good chance it's legal. The pitfighting isn't, at least, not the slave stuff. But see above about slavers.

The only reason why Bodhi was able to challenge the ST's is because her guild is composed of vampires. Vampires are badass. And if you make a ST a vamp, it's a spawn at first, and under your complete control. Thus, she could rip them apart, and make them her own people. The ST were unprepared for someone to so quickly rival them - a threat should have come from outside the city, because they control everything in it. Hell, 2 of 6 members of the council which rules Amn are rumored to be Shadow Thieves.

While it's a cool idea, I don't think the Copper Coronet is the way to go for an alternate way to get to Spellhold. Now the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, on the other hand...is.

I always hated how paladins get a sucktastic stronghold (Only good thing is Carsomyr). I think it would be AWESOME if a paladin could use the Order as a way of bypassing the Shadow Thieves and Bodhi - you could even have em hire Saemon. Basically, since Saemon isn't evil (I hope he isnt, he doesnt act like it. CN all the way), they could say that he was all they were able to find - they don't trust him, but he's the only person with a ship willing to go to Brynnlaw.
Posted Image

#8 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:00 AM

actually, Saemon's alignment is, according to ShadowKeeper, TN. Tho yeah, CN sounds more like it.

But as for Spellhold cells being breakable with physical might, I doubt that. I think they probably also thought of the fact that what if somekinda whacky half-orc mage with 19 STR (unlikely, but possible) ends up there?
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#9 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

actually, Saemon's alignment is, according to ShadowKeeper, TN. Tho yeah, CN sounds more like it.

But as for Spellhold cells being breakable with physical might, I doubt that. I think they probably also thought of the fact that what if somekinda whacky half-orc mage with 19 STR (unlikely, but possible) ends up there?

View Post

One word. Minsc.
Posted Image

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:13 AM

Too much depends on Minsc. Irenicus used normal cages with a magical lock on Jaheira's cage. Even Minsc couldn't possibly break a magical cage.

#11 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:15 AM

And Minsc has less than 19. Even Sarevok is stronger than he is. And besides, who in their right mind carries a Minsc along, anyway?
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#12 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:33 AM

And Minsc has less than 19. Even Sarevok is stronger than he is. And besides, who in their right mind carries a Minsc along, anyway?

View Post

I do. He's awesome. Although, admittedly, I dont use him all the time - but he's MINSC! What other NPC nets you TWO NPCs?

Minsc and Boo! What stalwart companions they make! Where e're evil lurks, Minsc and Boo are there to kick it swiftly and sharply in the buttocks. Which makes evil yelp in pain, and no longer lurk! Yes indeedy!
Posted Image

#13 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

With UB does he not get 19 strength?

#14 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

Just to make a clerical note here, the idea was that Minsc got angry (ie. Beserk.) in order to open the cage. Generating a strength increase above and beyond the buttkicking for goodness norm.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:17 AM

The prostituting activities in CC are definitely illegal since the prostitutes are slaves, and slave trade is the most touchy issue in the city of coin as u can find out in Nalia's abduction quest. CC seems only connected to the slavers rather than the ST. While Gaelan points you to CC to look for jobs at the start of chapter 2, it doesn't seem that there's any connection more than that. And the ST doesn't get upset at all with charname wiping the slavers from the slums, nor are there anything in the game saying the slavers are related to the ST in any way.

wavingdragon
(I didn't login as there are a small queue tailing me for the computer in the mall :) )

#16 Atlasia

Atlasia

I am Inari

• 344 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:26 AM

I personally think the ST had no connection to the slavers in CC but Gaelan obviously knows Lehtinan for whatever reason. Maybe a small branch of the ST has links to slavers? Aran may not know about it because it's just a small detail or something. In the Thieves' Guild quests, you can assign one of your thieves to bring in slaves, after all. They might know, just not care much about it.
Love is a fallacy.
The only thing worse than a hopeless romantic is a hopeful one.
My BG2 Custom Portraits
Posted Image

#17 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 02:57 PM

I find it hard to believe that the Shadow Thieves would allow a den of iniquity like the Copper Coronet to exist without their presence being about, even if it's only "protection" money.

Considering who you are, Linvail may not have cared because guess what? New slave traders can always be gotten. Bhaalspawn are a once in a lifetime thing (unless you're in Saradush)
Posted Image

#18 Atlasia

Atlasia

I am Inari

• 344 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:46 PM

I find it hard to believe that the Shadow Thieves would allow a den of iniquity like the Copper Coronet to exist without their presence being about, even if it's only "protection" money.

Considering who you are, Linvail may not have cared because guess what?  New slave traders can always be gotten.  Bhaalspawn are a once in a lifetime thing (unless you're in Saradush)

View Post

That and being a Bhaalspawn does tend to invoke thoughts of a powerful monstrosity in most people. Maybe he's thinking he'd rather not antagonize it since he's not fully aware of how powerful you can be? Another possibility is that the slavers are run by the ST but Lehtinan/the slaver captain is plotting against Aran. By getting rid of them, he's doing the ST a favor.

Speaking of mod ideas, anyone ever think of creating a tanar'ri or baatezu NPC for BG2? Maybe a succubus trying to attach herself to the Bhaalspawn PC for whatever reason. Maybe she's drawn to power, maybe she's exiled (or somesuch) and intends to use the PC to try and force her way back into the Abyss (or whatever) once he ascends or maybe she just feels like feasing on Bhaalspawn soul. Maybe it only me but I think it'd be a nice idea.

Edited by Atlasia, 14 December 2004 - 08:48 PM.

Love is a fallacy.
The only thing worse than a hopeless romantic is a hopeful one.
My BG2 Custom Portraits
Posted Image

#19 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:49 PM

Considering who you are, Linvail may not have cared because guess what?  New slave traders can always be gotten.  Bhaalspawn are a once in a lifetime thing (unless you're in Saradush)

View Post

That and being a Bhaalspawn does tend to invoke thoughts of a powerful monstrosity in most people. Maybe he's thinking he'd rather not antagonize it since he's not fully aware of how powerful you can be? Another possibility is that the slavers are run by the ST but Lehtinan/the slaver captain is plotting against Aran. By getting rid of them, he's doing the ST a favor.

Speaking of mod ideas, anyone ever think of creating a tanar'ri or baatezu NPC for BG2? Maybe a succubus trying to attach herself to the Bhaalspawn PC for whatever reason. Maybe she's drawn to power, maybe she's exiled (or somesuch) and intends to use the PC to try and force her way back into the Abyss (or whatever) once he ascends or maybe she just feels like feasing on Bhaalspawn soul. Maybe it only me but I think it'd be a nice idea.

View Post

ALthough in concept, that's a cool idea, I don't think it'd work. Why? Power levels. For example, take a look at the Valen NPC mod. She's a vampire who ends up having ridiculous powers - she can easily tank by herself.

The majority of demons and devils are far, far tougher than most vampires.

Basically, my concern with such an NPC is power level, pure and simple.
Posted Image

#20 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:55 PM

*Awaits the upcoming request for a "Tarrasque as a familiar" mod.*

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.