Photo

Missing AR Files

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:37 PM

Hi, I recently installed BP-BGT-NEJ. I experienced all the errors shown in the thread "pls help", along with several others.

The errors I noticed occured after the other mods were installed. I believe it was in the process of creating .bif files out of the files in the override folder. First, when creating the .tis files out of the area files it gave errors stating that it was unable to find the first three files in the override. Then, while making .bifs out of the new files, it said it was unable to find the first three again(duh). I know my install is screwed, the game is missing three area files after all, but I wish to know how to avoid this when I reinstall. If I had to venture a guess I would say one of the downloads is corrupt, but I might just be doing something wrong.

I realise that you probably will need the exact error messages, but I am unable to reinstall right now(I'm not at home), and was hoping someone knew so that I would not have to reinstall twice(once to record the errors, and once to fix) when I did get home. Please post if you need the exact error messages or if you have a solution.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

#2 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:02 AM

Here are the exact error messages.

The first one:
C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>tispack -s -q 100 -o TisMixer\ARxxx.tiz
override\ARxxx.tiz
Couldn't find override\ARxxx.tis

The second one:
C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>tisunpack -s -h -o BP-TIS1\ARxxx.tis
TisMixer\ARxxx.tiz
Couldn't open TisMixer\ARxxx.tiz

Here are the AR files affected:
AR0011
AR0012
AR0013
AR0014
AR0041
AR0041N
AR0042
AR0043

Thanks for any help.

#3 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:12 PM

Well crap, I was missing a .zip file for NEJ. I'm going to attempt to reinstall now and see what happens. Sorry if this whole topic turns out to be a waste of your time.

#4 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:40 PM

Nope, still dead. I tried playing, all but one of those files (AR0041N) are working in the game. The ones that do work are all dreams. Also, during my installs, when I ran the s and h patch and tried to install the Never Ending Journey portion, it said I had no NEJ installed.

I decided to try playing anyway, and it was pretty good through NEJ. There were a few mismatched dialogs in the temple, but nothing serious.

Upon returning and heading out to the Promenade however, things began to fall apart. I was immediately beset by a woman who wanted me to help her husband Joseph, the dialog was the one from Nashkel.

When I tried to talk to Galoomp, it said he had nothing to say to me. I didn't worry about this, because I heard it is a rather common error.

Later, when I went to the Copper Coronet to do the slaver quest, I was unable to find the beastmaster and his key. Instead there was an elder orb where he should be.

I know that no one has responded to this topic thus far, and I don't mean to bother you, but I really want to get this mod working. I'm going to post exactly how I attempted to install this in one moment. Once again, thank you for taking the time to read this.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:15 PM

The orb instead of the Beastmaster is something I noticed several weeks ago but haven't gotten around to figuring out the problem. I think it is Seanas' fault ;). One of the S&H patches must be replacing the BEAST.CRE file's animation with the orb. If it is an older problem, someone should have noticed it by now.

As for the patch for NeJ, I have found that if you install the 1.4 patch for NeJ before you run the S&H patch, it works fine.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:16 PM

How I attempted to install BP-BGT-NEJ

1. Downloaded Components
---BGT Components
bgt_mk3_112.exe
lost_files.zip
MK1-MK3_1.13-fixes.rar
patch_snares.zip
---SoS Components
soubar_v100.exe
soubar101patch.exe
---TS Components
TSv501.zip
TSv503.zip
TSv504.zip
TSv505.zip
---TDD Components
tdd103full.exe
TDD103-to-103A-patch.exe
---NEJ Components
NeverEndingJourney-weiduv13i.rar
NeJ1v14p.zip
---BP-NEJ Components
BP-NeJv12.rar
BPv161G-FULL.zip
BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.zip
BP-BGTv311.zip
BP_s_and_h_Patchv4.zip

2. Installing Games
---Baldur's Gate Installation
Installed Baldur's Gate and TotSC to C:\baldur
Used custom install checked all boxes
Ignored errors about disk space
At the end of TotSC installation, selected "Yes" to overwrite files
Installed 5512 patch
Configured and played game
---Baldur's Gate 2 Installation
Installed Baldur's Gate 2 and ToB to C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
Full installs
Installed 26498 patch
Configured and played game, setup baldur.ini with Force Dialog Pause

3. Setup Game Folder
Unzipped files so folder looked like http://www.shsforums...showtopic=10943
Created TS-Install in BGII - SoA
Ran BP-BGT-File-Checker041b
All entries green except Baldur's Gate 1 patch installed, which is yellow
Copy entire game folder to backup computer

4. Install
Run Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe
Select "N"
Delete WeiDU.log
Run Fixed-BP-BGT-NEJ-310-COMPLETE.exe
For SoS and TDD, installed only game modules, website, and Baldurdash fixes
Installed SoS and TDD to BGII - SoA
Installed TS and patches to BGII - Soa\TS-Install
Selected "Yes" to all overwrite requests
For BGT installer, typed "C:\baldur + (ctrl+z)"
Ended up looking like "C:\baldur^z"

5. Patches
Ran Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe
Ran s and h patch

#7 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:17 PM

Thanks, you must have replied while I was typing. I'm glad I'm not alone with the orb. However, if only the animation files were messed up, wouldn't he at least drop the key? Or maybe I'm just dumb.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:22 PM

At the end of step 4, the installer should prompt you for changing the XP. If it didn't you know your game is already trashed.

Step 5, run the NeJ1v14 patch before any S&H patch.

Classic Adventures

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

Sorry, I didn't clarify. The BEAST.CRE file seems to be an orb CRE file so it doesn't have the right items to drop. The file's name is right, but not the contents of the file.

Classic Adventures

#10 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

It does ask me to change the exp. I never ran the first NEJ fix, I'm going to do that as soon as I restore my backups. Should be another minute.

#11 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:00 PM

Right, now what is the exact order of the patches? NEJ-FIX, 313, S and H? Or something completely different?

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:53 AM

That order can work. Patch 3.13 doesn't effect the files that NeJ patches (at least not that I remember), but the S&H patch does. So, I usually install the 3.13 patch first, then patch NeJ, then whatever the current S&H patch is.

Personally, I think it is getting time to create a 3.14 patch, or even rebuild the 310 Complete so the autoinstaller builds out a fixed game.

Classic Adventures

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:10 AM

Personally, I think it is getting time to create a 3.14 patch, or even rebuild the 310 Complete so the autoinstaller builds out a fixed game.

hear hear. how about a 320 installer? that's so far beyond my technical skill,s however, it's not funny. i can offer my services doing grunt work if someone else leads the way...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#14 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:23 PM

Wait until NeJ2 is ready to be included, then a new patch and auto installer.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev