Photo

Area links in BP-BGT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:40 AM

Hi all. Does someone (hlid, seanas?) know how the areas are linked in BP. If I am using the same areas in NeJ like AR9800 (Ulcaster) and AR0015 (CK) etc. how is it possible to move between them and from Athkatla? Should I add some entries to AREALINK.2DA? Will RevealAreaOnMap() will be sufficient then?

#2 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:47 AM

Just revealing the area will cause it to appear and be accessible on the map IIRC. However, if you want the exiting of an area in a particular direction to reveal the next area (As say, the Cloakwood areas sequence.) then you need to add the "area to be revealed" on the cardinal direction entry on the worldmap. Each area can have individual area links assigned to the cardinal directions. Make sense? :blink:
*Goes for coffee to wake up.*

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#3 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:06 AM

This is okay. But the problem is revisiting those areas. The easiest way for me is to connect all areas of BG I need to revisit through XNEWAREA.2DA like it has been done in a case of Watcher's Keep and go for coffee myself. Then the party can always revisit them. However this introduces incompatibility issues with BP-BGT. For now using the Worldmap.WMP of BP-BGT allows to move only between linked areas in BGT and between areas in BG2, all other destinations (transitions between them) are unreachable. So in order to go to Ulcatser in the second chapter of NeJ from Athkatla I have to do this through cutscene, and then from Ulcaster I can only visit a few areas around, but I cannot move to CK or Nashkel or back to Athkatla since all those destinations are unreachable through map. My question is very simple how to make them REACHABLE through map (not through script)?

Edited by Vlad, 22 December 2004 - 02:22 AM.