Photo

Corrupt BAM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:26 PM

Is there anyway of correcting a corrupt bam?
Suddenly, during battles .. the game is crashing.

Line 1921 or some such thing.

Is it re install time.. or can i load a previously saved game from long ago?

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

Do you know what bam file it is?

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:58 AM

Line 1921 or some such thing.

line 1921 gives it away: yr using a weapon that has either the wrong or an illegal animation - either a 1-handed weapon that is usually 2-handed (one-handed staves are the main suspects here) or 2-handed weapons that are usually 1-handed (two-handed hammers the usualy problems here). fixinf it - in terms of fixing the BAM file - is beyond both my skills and my care factor. fixing it - stopping the crash - is very straightforward: simply stop wielding the weapon that's causing the crash.

to find the weapon that's causing it, just unequip yr party's weapons one at a time, and try the battle again. the weapon with the corrupt/illegal BAM will be a: an obscure weapon; b: added by a mod, *not* by BP; c: one you have only recently equipped in yr party. so test the weapons of yr most recently added party members, or any recently bought weapons (i've never seen this problem with weapons that are found in the field, only with ones that are bought) first, and then work yr way thru the party. when you find the one that is causing the crash (you'll know, cos the battle yr testing on will stop crashing), simply unequip that item and sell it or dump it: problem solved. no need to re-install or use a previous save.

Edited by seanas, 28 December 2004 - 12:59 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:00 PM

I believe that solves it....

for everyones interest... tis the +6 pine of spike found in planar sphere mod...

a great little mod, except for the amount of experience i got completeing...jumped 5 levels straight off....
and the spells, which i refuse ot memorise....
though becoming a lich is not too powerful, is it?

Thanks again!