Do we have an emoticon for a scream??

View Post

How's this? Posted Image

#22 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:58 AM

Step one is complete. I now have a successfully installed and patched BP-BGT-NEJ and a back-up file. My next procedure will be to install CtB prep, CtB 150, BG1NPC, DSotSC 1.5, and NTotSC. I'll come up for air and report when those files have been installed.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

You do realize that NTotSC is very early beta? Several quests don't work at all. Are you hoping to help out on this or just really curious about the mod? I will probably have a patch out next weekend for it. Patch not rebuild.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#23 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:12 PM

Do we have an emoticon for a scream??

View Post

How's this? Posted Image

View Post

Love it, can we add it to our collection. It seems to perfectly fit the moment, at times.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark
"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#24 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:20 PM

Step one is complete. I now have a successfully installed and patched BP-BGT-NEJ and a back-up file. My next procedure will be to install CtB prep, CtB 150, BG1NPC, DSotSC 1.5, and NTotSC. I'll come up for air and report when those files have been installed.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

You do realize that NTotSC is very early beta? Several quests don't work at all. Are you hoping to help out on this or just really curious about the mod? I will probably have a patch out next weekend for it. Patch not rebuild.

View Post

Yes I realize that NTotSC is a very early beta. I am very much interested in what it adds to BG1. I will provide whatever feedback I am capable of as I'm playing through it.

Great News!!!!!! Success. I have completed my install and everything seems to be in place and working properly. This is my WEIDU log:

~SETUP-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.TP2~ #0 #0 // BP-BGT-NEJ, Patch 313
~SETUP-NEJFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v1.4 Patch
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 3
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // BP Nerfs: Based upon Hlidskialf's Nerf scripts, this component reduces the difficulty of some of the more troublesome creatures.
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #2 // NEJ-specific fixes
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sureblade Nerf: Downgrades Rolf's sword to something more manageable
~SETUP-CHECKTHEBODIES V150.TP2~ #0 #2 // Check The Bodies for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB) v 150
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BP-BGT(!) Banters
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project for BG1 Tutu or BGT: Quests.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Change Unarmoured Male Human Rogue Appearance
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Change Unarmoured Female Human Rogue Appearance
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give Coran his new portrait #1, by Amok edit by Domi
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Give Coran his new portrait #2, BioWare edit by Tancred and NiGHTMARE
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Give Coran his new portrait #3, by Melisah
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Non-joinable character portraits
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran's Romance
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC v1.5 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-BP v.01 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod (Requires BGT-BP)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-BONEHILLV11.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod Patch 1.1
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Infinite Weapon, Potion Stacking (ToB)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Exnem Vault, Install Items
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add items to creatures
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add items to areas
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-MUNCHMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Munchmod v2.6
~SETUP-TGC1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode I: The Last Breath of the Past v1.7

Now, if the spouse will only let me play the damned game for awhile, I might be able to see if things actually worked. Trying to be an optimist, you know.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#25 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

Cool because I am hoping to get some input from you on the dialogs during NTotSC now that you are experienced in working on mods. As you will see, many of the NTotSC dialogs were obviously direct translations but with no substance to the conversation and not always logical. For example:

We were travelling with my wife to Elthurel, when our caravan was attacked by a horde of orcs. We fled in panic with all the others. Unfortunatelly, our children - Falton and Vanessa, traveled with us. It's a shame for us, but in that confusion we lost our children... We came back as soon as possible, but we have found no sign of the caravan or our children... One of the wounded guards, whom we found nearby, told us that the orcs had been saying something about Fealn Datoon... This is an old name of a land placed north from here... Fields of the Dead. We don't know how to get there and not even mentioning how to beat the orcs.

This is a block from a person asking you to save his children. You can understand it but only if you read it several times. I am hoping to have all these dialogs rewritten and passed back to Aurelinus so he can add them to the BG1 version of the mod.

Any English majors out there? Come on, you all aren't going to find a real job for that degree anyway. :) Just kidding.

Classic Adventures

#26 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:39 PM

Cool because I am hoping to get some input from you on the dialogs during NTotSC now that you are experienced in working on mods.  As you will see, many of the NTotSC dialogs were obviously direct translations but with no substance to the conversation and not always logical.  For example:

We were travelling with my wife to Elthurel, when our caravan was attacked by a horde of orcs. We fled in panic with all the others. Unfortunatelly, our children - Falton and Vanessa, traveled with us. It's a shame for us, but in that confusion we lost our children... We came back as soon as possible, but we have found no sign of the caravan or our children... One of the wounded guards, whom we found nearby, told us that the orcs had been saying something about  Fealn Datoon... This is an old name of a land placed north from here... Fields of the Dead. We don't know how to get there and not even mentioning how to beat the orcs.

This is a block from a person asking you to save his children.  You can understand it but only if you read it several times.  I am hoping to have all these dialogs rewritten and passed back to Aurelinus so he can add them to the BG1 version of the mod.

Any English majors out there?  Come on, you all aren't going to find a real job for that degree anyway. :) Just kidding.

View Post

Okay, the best way for me to work on dialog is while I'm playing through an encounter. Even better if I have a print out of the dialog to refer back to, at the time. I'm not an expert but, I am willing to help. Horred's an English major. :devil: Larrienne is a better writer than I, but I think she's occupied with NEJ.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 16 January 2005 - 09:47 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#27 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:23 AM

Horred's an English major. :devil: 

View Post

Sure...pick on us poor, dishevelled bachluareates... :crying: As if we don't have enough problems already! :P

Okay, didn't do anything with the dialogs; I did, however, go through the .tp2, and rewrote/rephrased most of the item and spell descriptions. Seeing as I haven't installed NT yet, I thought this would be the best time.

Attached File  Setup_NTotSC.txt   117.34K   17 downloads

Perhaps I'll take a look at the dialogs, perhaps not--I'm trying to catch up all the NWN work that I've been procrastinating on over the last week. Most of them look pretty short, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

P.S: Actaully Mark, it's best to work on dialogs right from the .D files (BGII - SoA/NTotSC/D folder). They open with textpad, notepad, or any other text editor I deem. Just make sure the tildes (~) are still in place when you are finished. Cheers! :D

Edited by horred the plague, 17 January 2005 - 07:26 AM.

#28 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:27 AM

Horred's an English major. :devil: 

View Post

Sure...pick on us poor, dishevelled bachluareates... :crying: As if we don't have enough problems already! :P

Okay, didn't do anything with the dialogs; I did, however, go through the .tp2, and rewrote/rephrased most of the item and spell descriptions. Seeing as I haven't installed NT yet, I thought this would be the best time.

Attached File  Setup_NTotSC.txt   117.34K   17 downloads

Perhaps I'll take a look at the dialogs, perhaps not--I'm trying to catch up all the NWN work that I've been procrastinating on over the last week. Most of them look pretty short, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

P.S: Actaully Mark, it's best to work on dialogs right from the .D files (BGII - SoA/NTotSC/D folder). They open with textpad, notepad, or any other text editor I deem. Just make sure the tildes (~) are still in place when you are finished. Cheers! :D

View Post

I tried working with .D files before. It was very difficult to follow who was responding to what. I found it much easier to set up an outline format in Word and work from there. At least that way, I knew who was speaking and who was responding to each of the entries I was working on. I'll try and print off a couple of the .D files for NT and see if I can make heads or tails of them. Call me old fashioned but, I also like to have a hard copy to work from, rather than working solely from the monitor.

Question/Request: I have a handful of item files that would like to have a convenient install method for. IAP is simple and it works but it can occasionally have some unintended consequences. Is there another option that isn't any more complicated.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 17 January 2005 - 08:37 AM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#29 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:16 AM

Although building a TP2 and using Weidu isn't as easy as an IAP file, it is cleaner and safer on the dialog.tlk file.

I also find the D files easy to work with in Notepad. Mark if you need to follow a banter or other back and forth conversation, I find it easy to import the D files into DLTCEP. That utility will allow you to walk through the dialog and make sure the labels are pointing to the correct text lines. However, it does bring the dialog into your game. So it works great to build dialogs then export them out as a D file so that you can review the grammer in Word or something else.

Classic Adventures

#30 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:40 AM

SBB, Horred:

If I go through the .D entries and edit them with Wordpad. Can I then just save the edited entries? Seems too damned simple. Once I edit them, how do forward them on to you so that you can check them out?

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#31 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:42 AM

Although building a TP2 and using Weidu isn't as easy as an IAP file, it is cleaner and safer on the dialog.tlk file.

I also find the D files easy to work with in Notepad.  Mark if you need to follow a banter or other back and forth conversation, I find it easy to import the D files into DLTCEP.  That utility will allow you to walk through the dialog and make sure the labels are pointing to the correct text lines.  However, it does bring the dialog into your game.  So it works great to build dialogs then export them out as a D file so that you can review the grammer in Word or something else.

View Post

I've gone through Camdawg's tutorial on WEIDU. I'm afraid that I'd need a "Complete Moron's Guide to WEIDU" before I logged through it. Especially on my own.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#32 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:46 AM

Question/Request: I have a handful of item files that would like to have a convenient install method for. IAP is simple and it works but it can occasionally have some unintended consequences. Is there another option that isn't any more complicated.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

weidu is actually simpler than iap, in a way. Put all of your items in a seperate folder (e.g, "BGII - SoA/BrandX"). Open a command prompt (I keep a cmd.exe right in my game folder--as well as the weidu package), and type:

weidu --automate BrandX --textout Setup-BrandX.tp2

and it will make a nice .tp2 file for you, with all of your custom text intact. Now take a copy of weidu(168).exe, and rename it to "Setup-BrandX.exe". And that is that! You have a custom item installer, that won't screw up in other people's games (at least, textwise ;) )

Edited by horred the plague, 17 January 2005 - 09:46 AM.

#33 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:50 PM

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

weidu is actually simpler than iap, in a way. Put all of your items in a seperate folder (e.g, "BGII - SoA/BrandX"). Open a command prompt (I keep a cmd.exe right in my game folder--as well as the weidu package), and type:

weidu --automate BrandX --textout Setup-BrandX.tp2

and it will make a nice .tp2 file for you, with all of your custom text intact. Now take a copy of weidu(168).exe, and rename it to "Setup-BrandX.exe". And that is that! You have a custom item installer, that won't screw up in other people's games (at least, textwise ;) )

View Post

I created a .tp2 and a Setup file. Now I've got to go through and reedit my items to make sure they'll all run properly through the install. I got several parse errors when I tried to run the install, and the process didn't seem to complete. I looked at the .tp2 file and none of the text entries were the ones I had listed for my items. I had several very funky dialog entries instead.

On the game front, things are not running perfectly. I'm starting to get freeze-ups when I change screens. The two tonight were when I entered Inns in Beregost. Both seemed to be the buffer overflow type of freezeup and were easily resolved by rebooting. I have been doing some character swapping, and now have Keira Silverstrings (she's a lot easier to look at than Will) and Kivan in my party. I cannot put Keira's armor back on her. Don't ask why I took it off her to begin with, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Also the Exnem file seems to be running but, it is producing some very peculiar results. Basically, I'm getting the additional items, but they're not Exnem items. DSotSC and NTotSC have both added some interesting items to the game. Thalantyr has some very interesting items and I'm going to have to pick up Ajantis at some point to outfit him in full Sukien regalia.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#34 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:55 PM

I cannot put Keira's armor back on her. Don't ask why I took it off her to begin with, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

View Post

*cough* No comment. :shifty:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#35 Sillstryparn

Sillstryparn
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

Off topic :whistling:

Hlid
Is the Deeper shadows of amn pack compatible with the bp-bgt install? I would guess it is since you seem to make all the mods youve created and/or updated compatible.
I thought i ask first since it alters some areas and monster scripts that might already be altered.

#36 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:54 AM

all of hlid's mod resurrections, including Deeper Shadows of Amn, are fully compatible with all flavours of BP-BGT, as indicated in the compatibility list.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#37 Sillstryparn

Sillstryparn
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:53 AM

ok thx, just thought i do a small check first it would be grousome to mess upp my install on the finnish line :blink:

#38 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

Hell, Keira looks like she is falling out of her armor already. ;)

You have the 1.5 version? The only problem I remember was that NTotSC had a better BAM file for the armor but it uses a pink shadow when you pickup or move the item. I have to fix all these BAMs that I copied over. Strange about not being able to wear it. It should be set right.

Exnem is not compatible with CtB. Both add new random treasure files that have the same name (RNDTREA6, 7, 8.ITM). I have that on a back burner to fix.

Classic Adventures

#39 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:48 PM

*cough* No comment.

Ya makin' me sound like some kind of perv. ;)

Hell, Keira looks like she is falling out of her armor already. ;)

You have the 1.5 version?  The only problem I remember was that NTotSC had a better BAM file for the armor but it uses a pink shadow when you pickup or move the item.  I have to fix all these BAMs that I copied over.  Strange about not being able to wear it.  It should be set right.

Exnem is not compatible with CtB.  Both add new random treasure files that have the same name (RNDTREA6, 7, 8.ITM).  I have that on a back burner to fix.

View Post

Just one of the reasons I like to have her in my party. Now if only her on screen animation would match her icon. ahem. anyway. I do have DSotSC 1.5 and her armor does have that odd pink shadow, but you can't get her back into it once you've gotten her out of it. Did I just type that? :D Problem could be my install, certainly wouldn't be the first time. Thanks for the heads up on the Exnem thingy. Any possibility of a patch? Like an addict looking for a fix. "I'm missing my Curaga scrolls, bad . . . " :D Yeah, yeah, I could always use NI or CLUA to whip up a mess of 'em. "sigh"

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

p.s. Not exactly certain where to post this but I ran into a serious problem. What the hell happened to the Fart village? I went to visit there and I ended up in a limbo closet, somewhere in limbo. I've seen one other exchange on this screen somewhere but I couldn't remember where, so I thought I'd post this here.

p.s.s. Once you've completed the Brage quest, why is Brage still on the screen at the site of your original encounter with him? Shouldn't he be in the temple in Nashkel?

Edited by mr2131, 18 January 2005 - 05:43 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#40 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:18 PM

Just one of the reasons I like to have her in my party. Now if only her on screen animation would match her icon. ahem. anyway. I do have DSotSC 1.5 and her armor does have that odd pink shadow, but you can't get her back into it once you've gotten her out of it. Did I just type that?  :D  Problem could be my install, certainly wouldn't be the first time. Thanks for the heads up on the Exnem thingy. Any possibility of a patch? Like an addict looking for a fix. "I'm missing my Curaga scrolls, bad . . . "  :D  Yeah, yeah, I could always use NI or CLUA to whip up a mess of 'em. "sigh"

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

p.s. Not exactly certain where to post this but I ran into a serious problem. What the hell happened to the Fart village? I went to visit there and I ended up in a limbo closet, somewhere in limbo. I've seen one other exchange on this screen somewhere but I couldn't remember where, so I thought I'd post this here.

p.s.s. Once you've completed the Brage quest, why is Brage still on the screen at the site of your original encounter with him? Shouldn't he be in the temple in Nashkel?

View Post

Hmmm.....I know you don't wanna hear it, but....you got problems, my friend. My Minstrel PC is wearing her armor right now. And Brage was safe in the temple in my game. :whistling:

Do you mean the game crashed in Xvart village board? If so, grab the AR3498 filepack by King Diamond, here on the forums (...errrm, somewhere :unsure: ).
If you mean an actual closet-space in Limbo, wow---be sure to sell the black lotus back to the guy you purchased it from! And don't eat the brown lotus....:P