Photo

A Jaheira error in BP-BGT. help please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 winstone

winstone
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:27 AM

After I refused Phaere to sleep with her in Underdark, Jaheira goes to the dialogue status but can not initiate a talk. Now, she can not move and fight normally, even can not stand straightly (dialogue status).

What can I do now?
help please!

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:43 AM

Have you tried to go back to an earlier save and try again? Or sleep with her and see if it works then?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:59 AM

Okay, it's a simple matter really. This just means that Jaheira's script is telling her to start a dialog, but the game can't find any dialog options that can be started at the moment. Well, that or Jaheira can't see you--using an invisibility item at the moment? If so, take it off. If not, it's just a matter of changing a global variable, though you'll have to find out which one is wrong. Do you know how to check globals? You can do it either in game with the CLUA Console or with a save game editor like ShadowKeeper or NearInfinity.

If you want to do it in game (the most convenient way) you'll have to set up the game to use the console first. Instructions on how to do that are here. Make sure you put the line under the right heading, and that you type it exactly--capitalization counts!

Okay, now open the game and you'll be able to access the CLUA Console by pressing Ctrl and Space together. The command you want to check a global variable is this one:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("<globalname>","GLOBAL")

The command to change a global variable is this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("<globalname>","GLOBAL",#)

Once again, capitalization counts and there are no spaces anywhere. Just plug in the globals I'll list below and check the values against what they should be (I'll list that too).

Anyways, use these commands to check the variables:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("PhaereInnuendo","GLOBAL") 
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

The first value should be reported at 3. If not, use this command:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PhaereInnuendo","GLOBAL",3)

The JaheiraRomanceActive variable should be either 1 or 2. I don't think that would be the source of the error, but you might as well check it.

If both of those are set to the values I mentioned, then there might be a variable set by a mod you have installed that's messing things up. If that's the case, post again and I'll tell you how to figure it out. That, or you could just attach the file JaheiraJ.dlg to your post. It should be in your override folder. :)

#4 winstone

winstone
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:24 AM

Attached File  JAHEIRAJ.DLG.txt   85.45K   6 downloadsstone wolf, Thanks a lot!

But both of those are set to the values you mentioned,3 and 2. I have to post JaheiraJ.dlg here. Thanks again for your kind and patient reply! (please remove the extention .txt)

Chevalier, thank you for your help.

I have tried to go back to an earlier save (one day ago, i have not an save eariler than that) and try again, but it didn't work.

In fact, this case happened before when Jaheira returned from the harpers base and I used an earlier save. It really solved the problem that time.

It does not work too to sleep with Phaere.

Edited by winstone, 15 January 2005 - 09:29 AM.