NWN 2

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#1 -Icelandic_Boy-

-Icelandic_Boy-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

In case some of you don't know (which I highly doubt) Bioware is making plans on Neverwinter Nights 2.
The bad news is that if they finish it, it won't be until next year.

But putting that asside, would you buy it? Would your decision be based on your experience you had in the first game?

Granted, NWN didn't stirr strong feelings like Baldur's Gate in me, but it did touch me none the less.

When I first experience the final ending in TOB, after playing a good paladin and choosing godhood, when reading what happened to my traveling companions, I cried, for it was then that it felt truly over, and I was both sad and happy.

As for the NWN expansion pack, the first one sucked a bit, but Hordes Of The Underdark rocked!

If your opinion on NWN is somewhat negitive, allow me to remind you that Bioware has done much since they created NWN.

For example, Knights Of The Old Republic. Now there's a game that brought a lot of reaction. Especielly when...well, if you've played the game, you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Also, I have read that Bioware is attempting to do something new with the upcoming game. Can't remember at the moment what they exactly said, but my hopes are high.

My only fear is that 2006 is a long way from home, thus increasing the chance of it getting canceled.

Bah, but I'm getting way of course.

Neverwinter Nights 2. Would you buy it?

#2 -Icelandic_Boy-

-Icelandic_Boy-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:41 PM

Okay, I just went to gamespot and checked out an interview with Feargus.
Seems like they plan on putting a lot of effort in creating NPC's.

Now I'll just have to worry about the storyline. Hope they'll think of something really explosive. (in a good way)

#3 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

Probably I would buy it, but I would wait first to see what marks does it get in reviews.

#4 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:01 AM

NWN was fun online, at least in the beginning. If they implement a good toolset and lot of custom material, why not? :)
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#5 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:28 AM

I'll probably buy it.
It's in a genre I like, it's a recognise game, and it has a modding community, with modding tools.

Visit the IESDP

#6 Aszlari Swordbringer

Aszlari Swordbringer

Sexy Bothan Chick

• 95 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:04 AM

I'm going to buy it. I liked the original and loved the expansions to the original, so I figure I have very little to lose. But like many others, it's the toolset and customizability that I'm looking forward to the most.

#7 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:53 AM

If its as good as SoU or HotU then yes if its just hack & slash fest then no. Hope they restore the enchantment cap to +5 back againg because +10 was way overkill.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#8 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:52 AM

I may, I may not, NWN was a bit of a dissapointment for me, I think it could have been so much better, HotUD was good, but the first expansion was crap and really put me off

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 26 January 2005 - 05:52 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#9 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:59 AM

You think? Online play was really fun until the expansion came out and HOTU ruined it completely
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#10 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:38 AM

Strange, I happen to really like the first expansion - both the story and it's environment and atmosphere.
I guess I'll buy NWN2 once it's price falls on the market somewhat. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#11 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:00 AM

I may buy it, depending on the feedback from others (and maybe on a demo, if there will be such).

#12 -Bluenose-

-Bluenose-

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:57 AM

I might be wrong about this but isn't NWN2 being done by Obsidian rather than Bioware? Bioware are concentrating on their own games in their own worlds (Jade Empire, Dragon aGe).

As for whether I'll buy it, if they put in a good set of modding tools as NWN did, yes.

#13 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:54 AM

AFAIK that is correct, Bluenose. And the same goes for Kotor 2.

#14 Merlinfmct87

Merlinfmct87
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

Not until I get a huge PC upgrade... which if it's being released in a year I will have(or damn well better! :))

Merlin

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:55 AM

I'll buy it, no matter what.

#16 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:54 AM

I'm holding on to my credit card for now. Going to read the reviews and checkout the screenshots, do more homework before I buy it. I rather dislike NWN so if NWN2 is going to be like NWN, nah, I'll rather play SIMS.

#17 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:04 AM

I've heard there will be a party in NWN 2... :rolleyes:

#18 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

I've heard there will be a party in NWN 2...  :rolleyes:

View Post

I pray, for this is one of the first reasons that turned me off of NWN.

NPC interaction and maybe a few romances would be nice too. :whistling:

That is, if they choose to add NPC's instead of doing the old IWD party creation thing.
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:12 AM

I certainly hope that there will be henchmen control, as that was one of the worst aspects of NWN.

#20 Sword_of_Geddon

Sword_of_Geddon
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

I certainly hope that there will be henchmen control, as that was one of the worst aspects of NWN.

View Post

I hope that in NWN2 they have a true party, and go the Baldur's Gate route rather than the Icewind Dale route. Importing characters from the first NWN is a must.

Hordes of the Underdark's campaign was better than the main game's, but I still felt it was short. We can only hope the NWN 2 campaign is good, but that is dependent on the above..