NWN 2

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#41 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

Are they going to add robes?
Are they going to add horse-based movement and combat?
Can you own a house? (Daggerfall)
Can you own a ship? (Daggerfall)
Can you participate in the politics? (Daggerfall again...)
Thanks, would appreciate yes/no answers. Be straight to the point.

#42 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

Are they going to add robes?
Are they going to add horse-based movement and combat?
Can you own a house? (Daggerfall)
Can you own a ship? (Daggerfall)
Can you participate in the politics? (Daggerfall again...)
Thanks, would appreciate yes/no answers. Be straight to the point.

You should rather ask the developers on their forums for such infos. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#43 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

Got some new screenies from NWN 2
http://www.gamespot....7&id=4709&cat=1
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#44 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:04 AM

Looks good... ah, so many good games in the making nowadays. Wonder when it's coming out? I read somewhere it's supposed to come out sometime next year.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 24 November 2005 - 07:05 AM.

#45 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Not much known about that. The expectations are somewhere around Q2 2006

#46 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

Gonna be a nice year then... Oblivion and NWN 2... Summer holidays are going to fly by.

#47 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

Check the November 14th post here for 3 NWN 2 previews.

#48 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:35 AM

NWN was fun online, at least in the beginning. If they implement a good toolset and lot of custom material, why not? :)

My thoughts exactly. I hope they have a good editor, and all the blueprints from NWN in the game. I don't know about the rest of you, but I just love making my own levels, or sometimes making bad versions of scenes from BG2 (my very own twisted version of Watchers Keep :D)
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#49 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:13 PM

NWN was fun online, at least in the beginning. If they implement a good toolset and lot of custom material, why not? :)

My thoughts exactly. I hope they have a good editor, and all the blueprints from NWN in the game. I don't know about the rest of you, but I just love making my own levels, or sometimes making bad versions of scenes from BG2 (my very own twisted version of Watchers Keep :D)

What irony: To find the toolset more interesting than the single-player part of the game. I did too. NWN2 could work if they did an excellent single-player campaign and an improved toolset as they promise. Who knows? I trust Obsidian, but there were many bugs in K2...
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#50 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:51 AM

Did you ever count how many patches NWN had?

Edited by Pain Elemental, 03 January 2006 - 05:52 AM.

#51 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:08 AM

Yes. And? I fail to see how that has anything to do with my post :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#52 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

I think Elemental is referring to the fact that NWN had many bugs as well...

Edit: Typo

Edited by Archmage Silver, 03 January 2006 - 12:04 PM.

#53 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

What irony: To find the toolset more interesting than the single-player part of the game. I did too. NWN2 could work if they did an excellent single-player campaign and an improved toolset as they promise. Who knows? I trust Obsidian, but there were many bugs in K2...

Well, I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I do wish for an improved toolset (and how I would like to see a BG game engine with a NWN toolset).
Is there one bugfree game? NWN was kind of annoying every now and then, many things that slowed down the single-player part. So, more of the toolset, and more choices.

Ah well, wait and see...
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#54 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:48 AM

Ah yes, sorry. Missed the last part of my own writing. My mistake :)

It's true, but the bugs in NWN weren't as annoying. I mean, bugged dialogue where you couldn't read the lines or hear the soundfiles, gamestopping bugs and the like.

But I liked the game alot anyways, and I really don't mind bugs.

- Yahtzee

#55 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

Ah yes, sorry. Missed the last part of my own writing. My mistake :)

It's true, but the bugs in NWN weren't as annoying. I mean, bugged dialogue where you couldn't read the lines or hear the soundfiles, gamestopping bugs and the like.

But I liked the game alot anyways, and I really don't mind bugs.

Yeh, same here. I only hate game stoppers. Heck, Temple of Elemental Evil was buggy as hell when it came out and I still loved it.

#56 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:02 AM

Yeh, same here. I only hate game stoppers. Heck, Temple of Elemental Evil was buggy as hell when it came out and I still loved it.

You liked ToEE? But why? Not meant as a flame, I'm just curious because that must be one of the CRPGs I hate the most.

Edited by Grunker, 04 January 2006 - 08:02 AM.

- Yahtzee

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

You liked ToEE? But why? Not meant as a flame, I'm just curious because that must be one of the CRPGs I hate the most.

Well, it has turn-based combat, and it's AD&D... and I like it... dunno, can't really explain it, on the other hand I like almost every CRPG I play. :D

#58 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

Well, it has turn-based combat, and it's AD&D... and I like it... dunno, can't really explain it, on the other hand I like almost every CRPG I play. :D

It's D&D, not AD&D ;)

I just don't think the fact that it's an RPG makes it right that I paid 399,- (danish crowns) for it... Story=Crap (and I had to read about it, because completing the game was the same as discerning the storyline), Roleplaying=Crap (Your Chaotic Evil malicious killing-machine of a Half-Orc said "Buhbye" to people), and almost no dialogue once you entered the Temple...

- Yahtzee

#59 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:48 PM

It's D&D, not AD&D ;)

I just don't think the fact that it's an RPG makes it right that I paid 399,- (danish crowns) for it... Story=Crap (and I had to read about it, because completing the game was the same as discerning the storyline), Roleplaying=Crap (Your Chaotic Evil malicious killing-machine of a Half-Orc said "Buhbye" to people), and almost no dialogue once you entered the Temple...

Oh, darn it's 'just' D&D :D. Heh heh, I guess it's just me then... I remember stating somewhere that CRPG is my favourite game genre, so my opinions may be a bit biased there... but I do like it, even though the things you mentioned are true enough... ;)

Edited by Archmage Silver, 06 January 2006 - 11:49 PM.

#60 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

My favourite genre is RPG to, I rarely play anything but. ToEE just became too much Diablo as I entered the temple ;)

- Yahtzee