Photo

mod errors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

I installed and uninstalled so many mods that I finally decided to just uninstall everything and start from scratch to get rid of all the errors. I uninstalled BG2/ToB using Add/Remove programs, and now I can't install it again because it can't find the registry. I have no idea what to do about that. So I am copying another copy of BG2 I had, which actually was not meant to be a backup, so it is somewhat messed up itself. Before I install all the mods on it that I want to, which order should they be installed in? The mods I want are Ascension, Longer Road, Tactics, Baldurdash, G3 Tweaks, Ease-Of-Use, Solaufein, Item Upgrade, and Underrepresented Items. Thanks.

#2 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:56 PM

What do you mean you cant find the registry? As to the mods, it shouldnt really matter what order you install them in, except for Baldurdash so install that first, and doesnt longer road need ascension? If so install Ascension before longer road. Of course the other mods might have components which alter or overwrite the components of other mods (especially the tweak packs), so just look at the readmes and see if they do. If not, install them in whatever order
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#3 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:05 AM

I've had that happen. Just run setup.exe on the disc, and it should force the install.

#4 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:22 PM

I have like 8 BG2 folders because mods keep messing everything up by not installing/uninstalling properly. Some have the registry key some don't. I am reinstalling everything now (successfully finally) so I have the key back where it belongs. Thanks for the help.

#5 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:28 PM

Why dont you just make backups of your overide folder, dialog.tlk file and chitin.key file?
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#6 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:20 PM

It's all working fine now. Cept not all of the Tweak pack would install. Probably incompatable with Balderdash or Ease-Of-Use. They have some overlaps. Only problem now is I can't get the cheats to work. I've done it before, with the debug=1 thing and control space and using the cheats, but now whenever I try to insert an item or move to another area it tells me the item or area doesn't exist. What's with that? I used Shadowkeeper to get the bag of holding I want and the Sword of Chaos since for some reason I didn't get it as a quest reward for the second time in a row. But I don't know how to switch areas without the cheats that won't work, and I left Jaheira and Minsc in their cages in Irenicus' prison.

#7 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:58 AM

The Tweak Packs have an issue with WeiDU 171/172 which will be fixed in the next version. I'm hoping to have them both out later tonight.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#8 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

When they are ready will I be able to uninstall the old ones and install them, or will that just make more problems?