Photo

Seeking a bit of install help for a confused noob.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ogantai

Ogantai
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I hoped it wouldn't come to this but I absolutly can't see what I'm doing wrong with the install... I've been following the install guide hlidskialf posted to the very letter but I still must be missing something because this will be about the 10th time I've tried to install and I keep running into one of two problems:

1) World map isn't right (I can start a a new game, go through the first part, but when I try to leave the first outside area where Imoen joins your party I get the BGII world map and clicking on it crashed the game.)

or

2) I end up starting in Irenicus'es dungeon.

Lately it's been the latter problem. I have Baldur's Gate I in c:\Baldur (but I've tried it elsewhere), and everything in the install checker shows green.

Please, please, please help me figure this out before I start ripping out my hair! :(

#2 Offkorn

Offkorn
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:28 PM

Have you ran and configured BG1 before installing?

Also, have you installed the bp-bgt-nej 313 patch after the main install? And the S and H patch version 6?

Another thing it could be: did you make sure to run the setup for the 313 patch before installing, quiting out of it, and deleteing your weidu.log file?

Edited by Offkorn, 04 February 2005 - 01:28 PM.

#3 Ogantai

Ogantai
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:39 PM

Another thing it could be: did you make sure to run the setup for the 313 patch before installing, quiting out of it, and deleteing your weidu.log file?

View Post

No, hlidskialf's instructions didn't mention that. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
:thumb:

Any other suggestions are still welcome though.

#4 Offkorn

Offkorn
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:37 PM

View Post

No, hlidskialf's instructions didn't mention that. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
:thumb:

Any other suggestions are still welcome though.

View Post

Check Shadowtech's quide. That's the one I used and it worked on the first try.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:45 PM

If you did not configure BG1, but did everything else properly, is there a way to go back and fix this prob, or do you have to re-install the programs yet again?

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

Re-installing is fun! So why don't you want to do it again?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:56 PM

The reason to run it twice is to autoupdate all the various setup.exe files. Otherwise your install will choke when it comes to an older version instead of proceeding with the installation. Running any setup.exe prior to starting the whole shebang will work. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.