22 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:52 AM

Here it is:

http://www.risingforce.ru/fix/NewBGT-import.rar (2.12MB)

This package contains :

1) the utility itself
2) full set on NECESSARY .are files (and all missing .mos'es and other area related files). Part of them are modified to use duplicated WEDs as it should be, so they all must be included in an installation package. NON OF THEM SHOULD BE OVERWRITTEN without a plior carefull check! It may ruin some areas.
3) all necessary WAVes - all other will be taken from bg1
4) AREAM00 fileset. Don't know if that area is still in use in Better Transition, so I included it just to cover possible problems. It can be skipped if it's not in use anymore.
5) full.bat was made for oldish-BGT style install. It preserves that directory namings and \override\ files copying. It's not so important.
What is important:
- every line of WeiDU files import (Stage 1);
- every line for files renaming (Stage 2 and the end of Stage 1);
- every line with 'tis2bg2' in it (Stage 3 - areas conversion).
Stage 4 part contains all the above extracted and converted resources BIFFing so don't skip anything from it.

Stage 5 is obsolete now (with weidu package).

So, it's time for Ascension64 to grab this stuff and include it in his BGT-WeiDU. :w00t:
And then we'll start a real mod-debugging process.... ;) :thumb:

P.S. Everybody MUST have TotSC CD present in CD-ROM during resources' extracting. Despite of full bg1+totsc install WeiDU is still looking for it for some (yet) unknown reason when extracting TotSC areas files.
[EDIT] As to be more precise - you MUST NOT have any of BG2 CD inserted, 'cos WeiDU screws on areas that have the same name in BG2 when trying to extract them from BG1 installation.

P.S.S. Known issues:
- [EDITED] Candlekeep area is Fixed, but still ugly in IETME that's IMO that editor's problem.
So it could be some minor incompatibility between bg1 and bg2 data handling in the engine itself, 'coz, for example, bg2 can't handle water overlay that is a part of an extra tileset for open/closed doors but bg1 can.
- Following above incompatibility several areas (ar8100, 8200, 8600, 7900) will have an incomplete water overlays (after the conversion) to compare to originals from bg1, but just in few tiles that overlapping doors' tilesets.

Edited by King Diamond, 17 February 2005 - 09:13 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:28 AM

Here it is:

http://www.risingforce.ru/fix/NewBGT-import.rar (3.13MB)

View Post

Great news King Diamond :thumb: I hope I can start a new BGT game this weekend using the new BGT-WeiDU and your area package.

Although the download was only 2.12Mb the rar file opens without a problem and I can extract everything. Maybe a little typo in your post? Can you check the size so that people won't get confused? :whistling:

#3 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:34 AM

Although the download was only 2.12Mb the rar file opens without a problem and I can extract everything.  Maybe a little typo in your post?  Can you check the size so that people won't get confused?  :whistling:

View Post

LOL 3.13 - 2.12
It's too easy to misspell that when you're replacing area codes digits in the notepad last few days.... :D

And for those who want (and wanted) to take an in-depth look - a sourcecode in the attachement... ;)

[EDIT] Code fix included

Edited by King Diamond, 17 February 2005 - 08:21 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#4 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:41 AM

LOL. I know what you mean. Thanks again for all your work on BGT and the other mods.

This brings the whole package size to around 15 Mb, not too bad even for people with dial-up. :w00t:

#5 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:54 AM

Great work King Diamond. The size for the complete BGT-Weidu is small enough now, I think. :thumb:

Edited by weigo, 17 February 2005 - 03:55 AM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:19 AM

- Candlekeep area water overlay is a little bit messy in the top left corner (2 tiles) and it looks crazy in IETME. I can't find out what's wrong with it 'coz the data itself is fully correct in terms of all known data structures formats. So it could be some minor incompatibility between bg1 and bg2 data handling itself, 'coz, for example, bg2 can't handle water overlay that is a part of an extra tileset for open/closed doors but bg1 can.

I see you have BIFFed AR0015. That can cause problems since BG2 already has AR0015 (the tutorial) and the game may try to load both tilesets or area files or weds, causing HUGE problems. I'll try this out soon.

Otherwise, thanks for the package. Excellent work! I'll give it a spin soon when the code is incorporated.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:25 AM

I see you have BIFFed AR0015.  That can cause problems since BG2 already has AR0015 (the tutorial) and the game may try to load both tilesets or area files or weds, causing HUGE problems.  I'll try this out soon.

View Post

Noooo, it doesn't seem anything like that :rolleyes: 'coz it would be a REAL problem - not such small... And biffing of 0015 is absolutely Ok.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#8 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:42 AM

Small update - 4 .mos for BG city areas with green water shown on minimaps.

http://www.risingforce.ru/fix/BGTmos2.rar (448kb)

Edited by King Diamond, 17 February 2005 - 06:43 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:33 AM

- Candlekeep area water overlay is a little bit messy in the top left corner (2 tiles) and it looks crazy in IETME. I can't find out what's wrong with it 'coz the data itself is fully correct in terms of all known data structures formats. So it could be some minor incompatibility between bg1 and bg2 data handling itself, 'coz, for example, bg2 can't handle water overlay that is a part of an extra tileset for open/closed doors but bg1 can.

In AR0015.WED, under the overlay using AR0015.TIS, the Tilemap Index 2 entry reads 0 and should be 2 (in NI). This is causing the problem, although I have no Tome of Wisdom why that could happen.

Edited by Ascension64, 17 February 2005 - 07:51 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:34 AM

Removed.

Edited by Ascension64, 17 February 2005 - 07:48 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:08 AM

Good eye! :thumb:
It was my bug... :) Fixed now.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#12 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

Same place - different versions ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#13 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

Aloha, it's your friendly neighbourhood naysayer. Heh, actually, I hope we can work together here. I just tested out your tool and so far it looks like it has some powerful potential. I have a few questions though.

The bitmaps before and after are identical. Why do you need them?
Same thing goes for the MOSes.

Would you be willing to tailor this for use with Tutu? I can't imagine we'd need many alterations beyond the way it handles file-names, as well as the aforementioned light/height/search/regular maps, which Tutu simply draws from the BG1 biffs.

#14 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Okay, and my in-game test has come back with good results. I re-named the .wed to be FW2600.wed (from the output _AR2600), to line up with Tutu naming conventions, and didn't bother copying the bitmaps or MOS. There was one funky tile in the Candlekeep area, in the top left area, but I think you've discovered that already?

#15 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:05 AM

The bitmaps before and after are identical.  Why do you need them?

Just to biff them together. I don't know really how it's possible to register resources into chitin.key for using not from \bg2\data or override directory without direct .key alteration. I think it's impossible with WeiDU (prove me wrong if I am). So we need everything to be stored 'nearby' ;) to continue with WeiDU mods....

Would you be willing to tailor this for use with Tutu?  I can't imagine we'd need many alterations beyond the way it handles file-names, as well as the aforementioned light/height/search/regular maps, which Tutu simply draws from the BG1 biffs.

Just use it... :) It's required to have .wed and .tis. Everything else is optional....

There was one funky tile in the Candlekeep area, in the top left area, but I think you've discovered that already?

Fixed .exe is few posts above....

Edited by King Diamond, 17 February 2005 - 10:07 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#16 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:16 AM

The bitmaps before and after are identical.  Why do you need them?

Just to biff them together. I don't know really how it's possible to register resources into chitin.key for using not from \bg2\data or override directory without direct .key alteration. I think it's impossible with WeiDU (prove me wrong if I am). So we need everything to be stored 'nearby' ;) to continue with WeiDU mods....

Okay, yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not sure how Tutu does it, but the .key looks at BG1/data files, too, so that's all fine and dandy.

Just use it...  :) It's required to have .wed and .tis. Everything else is optional....

Oh, oops. I tried it with just a .tis, then when it spat an error out I assumed it required all four files listed. Never mind.

Fixed .exe is few posts above....

View Post

Got it. Thanks.

#17 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:18 PM

Okay, I'm back with a feature request. Any way we can get wildcards to work in the commands?

Like: tis2bg2 tutufix\tises\ar26* fw2600\FW26* -d

#18 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

Okay, I'm back with a feature request.  Any way we can get wildcards to work in the commands?

Like:  tis2bg2 tutufix\tises\ar26* fw2600\FW26* -d

View Post

Sorry, may be later.... I'm too busy with my real work now... :)

But I'm not sure if it's so big problem not to handle wildcards 'cos first, there're not so many areas ;) and, second, all of them have a reference in .bat file that could be modified easily to cover all possible requests ....

But I'll look into this as soon as I'll have some time....

Edited by King Diamond, 18 February 2005 - 09:31 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#19 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:51 AM

Okay, I'm back to offer a word of thanks. Unless Tutufix v10 has befallen the "works on Ghreyfain's computer but no one else's" bug, Tutufix now uses this tool to convert the BG1 tilesets for use in the BG2 engine. Many thanks.

Edited by Ghreyfain, 07 March 2005 - 09:52 AM.

#20 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:59 AM

Don't suppose you're taking tis2bg2.exe requests, are you, King Diamond?

I was talking to the guy who's been porting the Tutufixes to Mac, and he says he'll need a unix compiled version of the program for it to work on a Mac. Don't suppose you can do that, can you?