Photo

downloading

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

Where is the best place to download BP? All the places that had the mods that it effects that I found were either INSANELY slow or you had to pay (or it wasn't clear whether or not you have to pay so I hesitated).

Thanks

#2 Falkentyne

Falkentyne
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:35 PM

Where is the best place to download BP?  All the places that had the mods that it effects that I found were either INSANELY slow or you had to pay (or it wasn't clear whether or not you have to pay so I hesitated).

Thanks

View Post

There's a ftp site posted in one of the other recent threads, decent speed.
I don't know about the new weidu tdd mods...(i dont know where the BP yahoo site is....)

#3 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:43 PM

I have no idea what ftp means. I downloaded NetAnts as was suggested on the other thread and it has cut download time in half. Hopefully it won't stop like my last download.

#4 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:54 PM

If it does stop, just restart it.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#5 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:22 AM

Well I tried downloading it with NetAnts, and it had an error and quit downloading. I think I'm going to give up on BP. I have like 15 other mods installed, so I will probably have plenty of problems as it is. Or maybe I'll try one last time. Thanks guys.

#6 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:24 AM

Now it says "Duplicate URL" and won't download at all. I guess it's best to give up and hope that the mods that I already have will work. Maybe I'll try BP my next time through BG2, it looks like a lot of work has been put into it.

#7 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

Now it says "Duplicate URL" and won't download at all.  I guess it's best to give up and hope that the mods that I already have will work.  Maybe I'll try BP my next time through BG2, it looks like a lot of work has been put into it.

View Post

With NetAnts you can restart an aborted download. Guess you wanted to start a new one instead. Just select the aborted download in the list and select 'Start' from the popup menu. You may also want to set the error handling on the connections tab in the options dialog to 'Always retry'.

It may be hard to collect and install all the pieces of BP, but believe me, it really pays of B)

#8 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

I was going to download the autoinstall thingie. That has all the pieces in one download I thought.