install order help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:19 AM

Hi all,
I am somewhat new to the world of BG2 mods. I completed a BP-BGT-NEJ install, and would now like to install CtB, DSotSC, NTotSC, Grey Clan Mod, and SoBH. I know that CtB has to be before DS, and i also heard there were some compatibility issues with an area between DS and Grey Clan. Is there a specific order to which these mods should be installed?
thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:57 AM

Hi all,
I am somewhat new to the world of BG2 mods.  I completed a BP-BGT-NEJ install, and would now like to install CtB, DSotSC, NTotSC, Grey Clan Mod, and SoBH.  I know that CtB has to be before DS, and i also heard there were some compatibility issues with an area between DS and Grey Clan.  Is there a specific order to which these mods should be installed?

View Post

The order you listed is perfectly fine as far as I know. Problem with Grey Clan is that it replaces the Friendly Arm when the quest starts. So you should have finished all other quests there before. Since Grey Clan does not start before you arrive in Baldur's Gate this shouldn't be a problem normally.

#3 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi all,
I am somewhat new to the world of BG2 mods.  I completed a BP-BGT-NEJ install, and would now like to install CtB, DSotSC, NTotSC, Grey Clan Mod, and SoBH.  I know that CtB has to be before DS, and i also heard there were some compatibility issues with an area between DS and Grey Clan.  Is there a specific order to which these mods should be installed?

View Post

The order you listed is perfectly fine as far as I know. Problem with Grey Clan is that it replaces the Friendly Arm when the quest starts. So you should have finished all other quests there before. Since Grey Clan does not start before you arrive in Baldur's Gate this shouldn't be a problem normally.

View Post

I would also add that if you do need to go back to the original Friendly Arm Inn after you have finished Grey Clan, you can use MoveToArea (I had to do this because I had left several NPCs in the Inn).