Photo

The Mod for the Wicked!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Peydey

Peydey
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

Oooh! I dont think its been mentioned.. But how about some more dialogue with those two pesky fellows outside the Copper coronet?

v- -v
"You there! Out of my way!"
"Calm down Corvail, something something.."
"Shut your mouth dwarf, you there! I said - get your stinking hide out of the way!"

^- Those guys -^

Like an option to pay one of them to kill the other! That would make the brief, pesky interuption loads more entertaining.

#122 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Oooh! I dont think its been mentioned.. But how about some more dialogue with those two pesky fellows outside the Copper coronet?

v- -v
"Shut your mouth dwarf, you there! I said - get your stinking hide out of the way!"

^- Those guys -^

Like an option to pay one of them to kill the other! That would make the brief, pesky interuption loads more entertaining.

We have some plans for them ;) Though not in such immediate actions like you are saying.

(sorry for the late reaction)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#123 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

v- -v

^- Those guys -^

The 'something something' is "you know mr f doesn't like you killing people in the streets" Personally...I'd like an opportunity to find out who Mr F is.

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#124 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

Ah, yes... that is quite a thought isn't it ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#125 Hecate

Hecate
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:50 AM

Hmm, I just discovered this mod and I'm pretty interested in it. I'm usually more of a goodie-two-shoes kind of gamer, but that's just because most games don't let me play the kind of evil I want to explore, and I prefer to go for the other path.

That is why I wanted to ask something. I'm seeing a lot of "killing" solutions; I understand is natural, and with a full evil party that would be funny as hell, but I want to know if this mod is also going to explore the different shades of evil in it. I saw some manipulative paths for quests in Torn's and other people's posts, and I want to know if these alternatives are still in and will be implemented along the game. It would be nice to always have the freedom to choose if you want to just kill the ones who make your life more difficult that it should, or instead corrupt them and getting rid of them in more original and subtle ways.

So, long story short, will be different evil approaches, or most of the less bloody choices will be too rare to bother playing a constant "manipulative" kind of character throught the game? I would be more at ease if you guys could cofirm this to me :P
"Been an elf wasn't so exciting anymore after earrings became so popular."

#126 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

As said somewhere in the line, I can not implement all suggestions of course - and a "raagghh, kill all" is not my main goal. After all, you could do so, though indeed for Ariena's personal quest a more logical reason is given, even if more options are possible.

That said it is about some more evil orientated quests with examples of things I delved into - Political murder, Solar murder, Bleak Academy (retrieval of evil tome - to retrieve and not destroy), sacrifce (Kido), mass murder (Ariena & Ian), Manipulative (Kido, Kirinhale & Ian), controlling our favourite inn with slaves, pit fights and the oldest profession of the world.
Some of these things are NPC initiated, mainly the manipulation - seeing this requires time to make someone fall. I have not jet done corruption elements for PC's towards NPC's, if that is what you are hinting at in the last line of the 2nd paragraph.
I hope this helped.

#127 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

I recently installed Baldur's Gate II again and I had a few ideas...

Firstly, all the undead in Athakla. I'm not talking about the Twisted Rune, Bodhi's guild, Kangaxx or even all those random liches(!), but about the ghoul town. Now, while Ghouls in Second Edition(unlike 3e, despite that their typical behaviour hardly changes)have an intelligence of 5-7, /Ghasts/ actually have an intelligence of 11-12. So even if we write off other inhabitants of the city(which we could write off as simply being part of the spawning mechanics, like the lich); there could be an opportunity to do something beyond slaughtering a large number of ghouls. Now, in Dragon 252 and Dungeon 70 , a new type of ghouls are introduced; the white/shadow/true(depending on where you hear about them) ghouls. Now, the average intelligence of true ghouls is a whooping 15-18 and they indeed able to form form cities; if not more.

So if the idea of doing something with the ghoul town(''garbage disposal'', slave trade, necromantic research, a rival of Bodhi) appeals to you, you have a perfect excuse by introducing true ghouls.

Also, the Underdark. While you can wipe out all sides, there's not much else to do. For instance, it might be an idea to have the Illithid play a larger role. While I wouldn't advocate being able to just ''visit'' the Illithid city, perhaps you could be approached by an Illithid emissary in(or outside of) Ust Nastha. They could be interested in invading and subjugating Ust Nastha; they just need to overcome a number of ''obstacles'', such as that certain key figures need to be ''eliminated''. Some of these ''obstacles'' would already tie in with the main quest, such as the death of the Matron Mother. Perhaps they'd also want the Silver Dragon gone, as that would free the way for surface raids?

Edited by Soul Harverster, 27 August 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#128 Stardusk

Stardusk
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

I recently installed Baldur's Gate II again and I had a few ideas...

Firstly, all the undead in Athakla. I'm not talking about the Twisted Rune, Bodhi's guild, Kangaxx or even all those random liches(!), but about the ghoul town. Now, while Ghouls in Second Edition(unlike 3e, despite that their typical behaviour hardly changes)have an intelligence of 5-7, /Ghasts/ actually have an intelligence of 11-12. So even if we write off other inhabitants of the city(which we could write off as simply being part of the spawning mechanics, like the lich); there could be an opportunity to do something beyond slaughtering a large number of ghouls. Now, in Dragon 252 and Dungeon 70 , a new type of ghouls are introduced; the white/shadow/true(depending on where you hear about them) ghouls. Now, the average intelligence of true ghouls is a whooping 15-18 and they indeed able to form form cities; if not more.

So if the idea of doing something with the ghoul town(''garbage disposal'', slave trade, necromantic research, a rival of Bodhi) appeals to you, you have a perfect excuse by introducing true ghouls.

Also, the Underdark. While you can wipe out all sides, there's not much else to do. For instance, it might be an idea to have the Illithid play a larger role. While I wouldn't advocate being able to just ''visit'' the Illithid city, perhaps you could be approached by an Illithid emissary in(or outside of) Ust Nastha. They could be interested in invading and subjugating Ust Nastha; they just need to overcome a number of ''obstacles'', such as that certain key figures need to be ''eliminated''. Some of these ''obstacles'' would already tie in with the main quest, such as the death of the Matron Mother. Perhaps they'd also want the Silver Dragon gone, as that would free the way for surface raids?

Would people recommend this mod?

#129 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

Would people recommend this mod?

Hello, Stardusk. I have recently moved from one city to the next. If you mean if people recommend MftW, than I reckon the answer is no as it isn't finished yet.
Soulharvester here makes some (excellent) suggestions for extra content that can be added to the MftW. However, this does not mean it is finished.

#130 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

Lol! I'd so invite all the characters Korgan hate and go on a rest clicking spree!

Perfect mod for me!
I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#131 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Is it this dead?