• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

As the modder. I don't believe in vampire romances. I do like the idea of using Imoen's essence for own purpose, for I did indeed found that lacking...

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#42 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:37 AM

As the modder. I don't believe in vampire romances. I do like the idea of using Imoen's essence for own purpose, for I did indeed found that lacking...

View Post

I quite agree. The Valen mod, for example, is way overpowered(and awkward to play). However, since it's possible to bring back the PC's love-interest to mortal life from vampiredom in the Chapter 6 unmodded version, it should be possible to do the same for Bodhi as well, and just have her as (non-vampire) elf fighter/thief( or fighter/wild mage). I just think a Bodhi Romance would have far more evil roleplaying possibilities than the Viconia one(the only worthwhile evil romance at present) and killing Imoen to help restore Bodhi to non-vampire status would be an interesting development.

#43 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:28 AM

A couple of other things:- I've noticed that the Quest pack version 2.1 from the Pocket Plane Homepage now has a few properly evil options added in to BG2(inlcuidng some mentioned here already). I hope you'll be able to have your Mod for The Wicked compatible with it.Anyway, one thing's for sure, there's no point in playing BG2 again unless I can roleplay it properly with NE alignment.

Also, how about a CE Shar-Teel Romance in BG2? I know that the Darkest Day mod has Shar-Teel as a joinable PC, but she's only been given a couple of phrases, whereas the BG1 Shar-Teel has dozens. A Safana Romance would be ideal as well. Given Safana's dialogue in BG1(eg:- quote "Between 2 evils, I always try the one I haven't tried etc".) and her actions in unmodded BG2, her alignment is more similiar to Chaotic Evil than the Chaotic Neutral she was supposed to have in BG1.

Another thing I'd like to see also is more evil options for BG1 Tales of the Sword Coast. Closer interaction with the Red Wizards or the Zhentarim would be nice. Also, the option to become werewolves on Balduran's island was removed and shoudl be reinstated(perhaps a druid PC could be granted the druid-werewolf-shapeshifter kit improvement fix found in one of Wesley Weimer's mods).

#44 Kania

Kania

Haer'Dalis, meldo nin, phae-me, mellt'e-tehi!

• 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:51 AM

You're reading my thoughts, Kulyok!
I always write exactly "T'is all your fault, <cencored>!!!" in the Console panel, when I kill this little <cencored> in Spellhold. :devil:
The sacrifice could be a great idea too. And then we'll have a fine party with Nyalee - I mean get there drunk and fall down under the altar. :D
As for BG1 - I always hoped that the Zhent's would recruit me, such a nice Chaotic-Evil elf-berserker. :new_thumbs:

Edited by Kania, 17 September 2005 - 03:58 AM.

I tire... I'll be MUCH MORE AGREEABLE with REST!!

#45 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:59 AM

A couple of other things:- I've noticed that the Quest pack version 2.1 from the Pocket Plane Homepage now has a few properly evil options added in to BG2(inlcuidng some mentioned here already).

Really? Very interesting, thanks. I'll try it out when I am finished with TUTU.

Also, how about a CE Shar-Teel Romance in BG2? I know that the Darkest Day mod has Shar-Teel as a joinable PC, but she's only been given a couple of phrases, whereas the BG1 Shar-Teel has dozens. A Safana Romance would be ideal as well. Given Safana's dialogue in BG1(eg:- quote "Between 2 evils, I always try the one I haven't tried etc".) and her actions in unmodded BG2, her alignment is more similiar to Chaotic Evil than the Chaotic Neutral she was supposed to have in BG1.

Phase 3 of BG1 NPC project will be released in October(if all goes well), and it has a delightfully evil Shar-Teel romance(relationship). Safana Romance is not yet written, but from what I know, it eventually will be.
The mod requires TUTU.

I always write exactly "T'is all your fault, <cencored>!!!" in the Console panel, when I kill this little <cencored> in Spellhold.
The sacrifice could be a great idea too. And then we'll have a fine party with Nyalee

Woohoo!

#46 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

Once again I already have 5 NPC's... no Nyalee or Shar-Teel. However, Kirinhale will be there for males (and probably females) and she uses some of lines of Safana...

I want to make it possible to roleplay evil, but I want to keep it credible. No resurrecting Bodhi, but I do am going to add evil quests and modify old ones for better evil roleplay options. Imoen sacrifice for Bodhi... why not just for yourself I am thinking.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#47 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:01 AM

I am not sure if it is wise to add many new NPC's at all: it takes 100+ hours to write a more or less coherent NPC mod, and to integrate five NPC's into the game fully may take the best part of a year, if not more.

As far as I understand, the mod does not focus on NPC's only, but on adding evil content into the game, and it is my guess that demand for evil content is more than for new NPC's (since there're quite a few already).

So, I, as a player, would rather see a short cutscene with Imoen dying slowly and brutally, some extra options in the dialogue, and some quests going "the other way", than play with some more evil guys and gals. Korgan fancying to make an omelet of Aerie's baby is well enough for me.

#48 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:22 AM

That would be heavily out of character for Korgan, since at least one point in the game he mentions his disgust for those who harm children. I believe it's during the Neb quest, but I'm not quite sure.

Just because someone is evil, it doesn't mean they're interested in or willing to commit all possible forms of evil acts.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 17 September 2005 - 07:22 AM.

#49 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

That would be heavily out of character for Korgan, since at least one point in the game he mentions his disgust for those who harm children. I believe it's during the Neb quest, but I'm not quite sure.

The fact I have mentioned is in-game dialogue: "Huh - I thought ye flyin' elves hatched yer young from eggs! Ach - 'tis too bad... I fancied an omelet this morning!" - it triggers upon birthing Aerie's baby.

#50 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:27 AM

Ah, this is the dialogue I was thinking of. It's actually during the slavers quests:

"Bah! Even I would nay trade children an' women as if they were cattle! Let us plan an exe firmly in their skulls, <CHARNAME!>

As for the omelet comment, I think it's fairly obvious he's joking. Even if not, it's fairly well established that SoA dialogue takes precedence over ToB dialogue ;).

#51 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

As for the omelet comment, I think it's fairly obvious he's joking. Even if not, it's fairly well established that SoA dialogue takes precedence over ToB dialogue .

I respect your opinion, but my own thoughts on the matter are different: I treat ToB dialogue as canon(i.e. for example, Alianna is Deathstalker, not Gorion's lover for me) and I do not believe Korgan was joking in case of Aerie's baby, so I would rather agree to disagree.

Thank you for digging up the quote - it took me twenty minutes, and I still couldn't find it. You beat me to it. :)

#52 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

I am not sure if it is wise to add many new NPC's at all: it takes 100+ hours to write a more or less coherent NPC mod, and to integrate five NPC's into the game fully may take the best part of a year, if not more.

As far as I understand, the mod does not focus on NPC's only, but on adding evil content into the game, and it is my guess that demand for evil content is more than for new NPC's (since there're quite a few already).

So, I, as a player, would rather see a short cutscene with Imoen dying slowly and brutally, some extra options in the dialogue, and some quests going "the other way", than play with some more evil guys and gals. Korgan fancying to make an omelet of Aerie's baby is well enough for me.

View Post

I didn't realise it took so long for an NPC mod to be created.Obviously, like most people I would far rather prefer different evil alternatives to every single good act or quest in the original, than have a wide choice of evil NPCs. Anyway, there are already 10-15 evil potential party-members to choose from these days.

As regards a Bodhi Romance(with a mortal, non-vampire Bodhi)- I realise that it might seem to disrupt the story at first glance, but, after all, the excellent Redemption mod allows Irenicus to be part of a good-aligned party and Bodhi to be part of an evil-aligned party at the end without problems, so it is technically feasible to have Bodhi as a PC even in SoA without too much alteration of plot (provided Bodhi, as a mortal, is not allowed any special powers.

Obviously, though, there are many parts of the game which need to be concentrated on more, such as the De'Arnise Keep quest, the Unseeing Eye etc., where evil ropleplaying opportunities are rather limited.

#53 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:51 AM

Just thought I ought to mention that there are a number of interesting evil mods out there. There's even now an Unseeing Eye-Worshipping Mod (it's been properly tested etc.). Here's the download:- http://www.shsforums...opic=12665&st=0 . It does look like as though, in a year or so, it'll be possible to play BG2 without doing a single good-aligned quest.

#54 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:46 AM

The Unseeing Eye mod is a joke.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#55 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:06 AM

Sim is correct. If you want a few more evil options, I suggest the Quest Pack (written by Sim). One of the options allows you to side with Maevar over Renal Bloodscalp, betray the Dryads, sell the children slaves, and blackmail Surly after wiping out the slavers in the Coper Coronet.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#56 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:46 AM

Don't call me Surly.

(Sorry.)

#57 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

Sim is correct. If you want a few more evil options, I suggest the Quest Pack (written by Sim). One of the options allows you to side with Maevar over Renal Bloodscalp, betray the Dryads, sell the children slaves, and blackmail Surly after wiping out the slavers in the Coper Coronet.

View Post

I think the quest pack has ben a great improvement on the game. It's just that I need several more evil alternatives to quest endings than there are at the moment. Certainly, I'm not keen on playing this game again for the umpteenth time,unless at least the options of siding with Faldorn, Lord Roenall, the Slavers
and the Drow against Suldanessellar etc. are introduced. Obviously this would require the beefing up of the relevant adversaries and a few other minor changes but that's all.

#58 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

I'm currently developing a solution to allowing the player to side with Faldorn, which may or may not extend into an evil druid stronghold. But this is the Mod for the Wicked forum, so I should probably stop trying to steal the limelight.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#59 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:20 PM

I'm currently developing a solution to allowing the player to side with Faldorn, which may or may not extend into an evil druid stronghold. But this is the Mod for the Wicked forum, so I should probably stop trying to steal the limelight.

View Post

Or work together. ;) :P I always fought your quest pack a nice enhancement.

#60 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:36 PM

View Post

Thanks a hell of a lot! Please also make Faldorn a joinable PC with adequate ( evil, eco-terrorist) dialogue. I always thought that BG2 had too few PCs, especially evil ones, compared to BG1 - and the evil PCs from the Darkest Day mod never had enough dialogue to be interesting, so Deathsangel's Pcs and yours will be a bonus. Looks like with both your efforts it's going to be a great game in the near future. Pity about the Unseeing Eye mod, though.