• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:34 AM

Greeting!

Again we have a small porblem :whistling:

Everything but the character generation @ PRC works very fine!

Our players join the server and create their character - no problem so far.

Then they enter the Gateway and the PRC-CharGen-Dialogue pops up.

After choosing the skills (3rd or 4th dialogue), nothing happens for about 10 minutes.

Suddenly ALL players are dropped from the server: Time Out (but NO server crash) and the new character isnīt completly generated, the dialogue starts again on the next visit.

Does somebody have a hint or a solution for this problem? I couldnīt find an error-message in the NWN-logs nor in the SQL-Logs. :crying:

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:22 AM

,Mar 9 2005, 09:24 AM]Greeting!

Again we have a small porblem :whistling:

Everything but the character generation @ PRC works very fine!

Our players join the server and create their character - no problem so far.

Then they enter the Gateway and the PRC-CharGen-Dialogue pops up.

After choosing the skills (3rd or 4th dialogue), nothing happens for about 10 minutes.

Suddenly ALL players are dropped from the server: Time Out (but NO server crash) and the new character isnīt completly generated, the dialogue starts again on the next visit.

Does somebody have a hint or a solution for this problem? I couldnīt find an error-message in the NWN-logs nor in the SQL-Logs. :crying:

View Post

Did you build the databases ahead of time, by making a few characters with the DB Builder version? If not, trying to build these tables with the full mod in swing is peaking out your PC. This will boot everybody, and cause the server to go down sometimes. The convo runs a lot of CPU juice--even with the tables built, and two people aren't supposed to make a PC at once. Primogenitor, the author, is working on an all-SQL version at this time. When he gets it done, i'll include it instead.

Edited by horred the plague, 09 March 2005 - 07:25 AM.

#3 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:38 AM

Did you build the databases ahead of time, by making a few characters with the DB Builder version? If not, trying to build these tables with the full mod in swing is peaking out your PC. This will boot everybody, and cause the server to go down sometimes. The convo runs a lot of CPU juice--even with the tables built, and two people aren't supposed to make a PC at once. Primogenitor, the author, is working on an all-SQL version at this time. When he gets it done, i'll include it instead.

View Post

Thnx, GreatMaster! It helped - stupid me :crying: !!!!

But again I have to bother you :o

I made 5 Chars in the DB Builder Mod and reached the last Stage (Ready & Booted & Restart). But when I ReEnter the DB Builder Mod, the Dialogue appears again, saying: it wasnīt finished successfully :wacko:

Is this intended or did I forget something?

I will now relaunch the RealMod (impatient players calling me / Nordock via XFIRE & ICQ :whistling: ) and have a look at the chars :ph34r:

#4 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

:hug:

Oki - everything is running PERFECT! :rolleyes: