Photo

Fresh Install Oddness

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:12 AM

OK hopefully someone here can help out, I'm pretty sure this is something I did wrong.

Wanted to start out fresh for v7, so I went back through the notes on v6 and undid/changed all the stuff I put in for v6. Even uninstalled mysql, removed the c:\mysql folder afterwards, rebooted, cleared out all the older stuff from the C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN folder, and even went and redownloaded everything to a new v7 folder to be sure I had all the right stuff.

I reinstalled/reconfigured all the stuff for v7 according to the READ ME file (mysql rev is 4.0.23). Still clueless about databases, I followed these instructions (http://arcanummagika.../mysql4023.html and http://arcanummagika.us/NWN/databases.html) from Tiggerlicker back from the v5 install on how to setup Mysql and how to create the NWN db.

When I try to use the 'db builder module', I notice no tables get created at all (the only one there was PWDATA). It allows my client to connect, create a character using the normal NWN char creator, then before it loads "gateway to nordock", it BOOTS me. :blink:

I considered maybe the db builder mod hadnt been updated (had a rev date of several days ago) so I put the real mod in place and made 2 chars.

After a long load time, I opened Mysql control center and noticed that there are now 21 tables in my nnw db. Think there should be more, but last time I thought all the tables appeared after the PRC stuff and initial char creation.

First character came into "gateway to nordock" fine, but no PRC convo opened up, and even stranger, he was injured (had only 1 hp). This was a brand new char.

I logged out and made another character using a different gamespy ID. This time, the character was laying on the ground unconscious as soon as the area loaded. Still no PRC convo (see attachment for the server messages about what it thinks happened).

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help...

./Dingo

EDIT: Quadruple checking everything...Horred in your v7 readme you say go get LETO from http://prdownloads.s...forge.net/leto/ There is a buttload of files there, the one I grabbed that match your rev # was leto-build-4.0.18.rar...was that the right one or is there something else there I need?

Attached Images

• arrrgghhh.jpg

Edited by dingosatemybaby, 13 March 2005 - 12:10 PM.

#2 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

I logged out and made another character using a different gamespy ID.  This time, the character was laying on the ground unconscious as soon as the area loaded.  Still no PRC convo  (see attachment for the server messages about what it thinks happened).

View Post

One of my players just created a character in v7 and they were entered in "unconscious", I haven't had time to look into this yet, so no ideas why, but it is something i'm curious about.

udoh :)

#3 Leutian Kane

Leutian Kane
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:25 PM

I logged out and made another character using a different gamespy ID.  This time, the character was laying on the ground unconscious as soon as the area loaded.  Still no PRC convo  (see attachment for the server messages about what it thinks happened).

View Post

One of my players just created a character in v7 and they were entered in "unconscious", I haven't had time to look into this yet, so no ideas why, but it is something i'm curious about.

udoh :)

View Post

looks like their being dmged on client enter by one of the scripts as to which one it is only horred would know methinks, normallly you dont get dmged like that unless you rest and then its only for a few HP not your whole amt.(note this is usually only if you rest dmged and then you get the dmg when your done resting to "emulate" an uncomfortable rest and not healing 100% on rest")

Edited by Leutian Kane, 13 March 2005 - 01:26 PM.

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:39 PM

looks like their being dmged on client enter by one of the scripts as to which one it is only horred would know methinks, normallly you dont get dmged like that unless you rest and then its only for a few HP not your whole amt.(note this is usually only if you rest dmged and then you get the dmg when your done resting to "emulate" an uncomfortable rest and not healing 100% on rest")

View Post

Again, talking from speculation not experience with this mod. I thought you promised to stop "helping".

#5 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:13 PM

I've got a fix made for this--it isn't enough to warrant a whole new version on its own. I guess just bear with it for the minute, you don't lose XP at lvl 1 anyways. I'm not sure why your convo doesn't start up, it started fine in my tests.

There is a block in hc_on_cl_enter, which penalizes a character upon entry according to the value of the persistent variable "LAST_HP". It was penalizing when the variable had not been set yet, thus cause "full HP" damage upon entry. I added a clause to it, to make sure that GetXP(oPC) > 3. This means they've entered the server, and rolled up a pc--even done something in the "real" world.

Starting at line 328, in hc_on_cl_enter.nss:

int nCurState=GPS(oPC);
//SendMessageToPC(oPC, "STATE"+IntToString(nCurState));
int nHP=GetPersistentInt(oMod,"LastHP"+sID);
int nCHP=GetCurrentHitPoints(oPC);
int nMHP=GetMaxHitPoints(oPC);
int pDam = nMHP - nHP;
int cDam = nMHP - nCHP;
if (cDam > pDam)
pDam = cDam;
effect eZapHitPts = EffectDamage(pDam);
if (GetXP(oPC) > 3)
DelayCommand(3.0,ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eZapHitPts, oPC));

This code is so you can fix this yourself, before version 8 is released. ;)

#6 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

I've got a fix made for this--it isn't enough to warrant a whole new version on its own. I guess just bear with it for the minute, you don't lose XP at lvl 1 anyways. I'm not sure why your convo doesn't start up, it started fine in my tests.

There is a block in hc_on_cl_enter, which penalizes a character upon entry according to the value of the persistent variable "LAST_HP". It was penalizing when the variable had not been set yet, thus cause "full HP" damage upon entry. I added a clause to it, to make sure that GetXP(oPC) > 3. This means they've entered the server, and rolled up a pc--even done something in the "real" world.

Starting at line 328, in hc_on_cl_enter.nss:

int nCurState=GPS(oPC);
    //SendMessageToPC(oPC, "STATE"+IntToString(nCurState));
    int nHP=GetPersistentInt(oMod,"LastHP"+sID);
    int nCHP=GetCurrentHitPoints(oPC);
    int nMHP=GetMaxHitPoints(oPC);
    int pDam = nMHP - nHP;
    int cDam = nMHP - nCHP;
    if (cDam > pDam)
        pDam = cDam;
    effect eZapHitPts = EffectDamage(pDam);
    if (GetXP(oPC) > 3)
        DelayCommand(3.0,ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eZapHitPts, oPC));

This code is so you can fix this yourself, before version 8 is released. ;)

View Post

OK adding in the above script where recommended solved my problems w/v7, and the PRC conversation now pops up. Some issues you may or may not be aware of:

*Still unable to use the db builder mod that came w/v7 - I get booted everytime I try to enter the world.

*Made a Chaotic Evil mindflayer character. Chose HUMAN in the race field during normal NWN char creation, but chose subrace of Illithid using the PRC Conversation. He starts in Benzor. No one is automatically hostile to him. He does look like a mindflayer in game and has all the powers of one - soon as I tried sucking out someone's brain, everyone in Benzor pounded me to dust.

*Made a Chaotic Evil Drow. Chose ELF in the race field during normal NWN char creation, but chose subrace of Drow using the PRC Conversation. He started in the main elven city. No one is automatically hostile to him.

*I see a few "BadStref" listings (whatever that is) when I scroll through the available sound sets.

*When I first login to the server, and am looking at which character to choose to enter the world with, the subrace listing at this stage is either missing, or says "BadStref"

All in all, fairly minor. The players starting in the wrong place is not really even an issue since they can be moved as a workaround but I am wondering about the factions.

THANKS for all your hard work on this, Horred. Spent almost 3 hours playing last night by myself to get familiar with it - NICE JOB. No technical glitches other than the ones mentioned above. Oh, and I think Udoh already said this - lots of lootable corpses, but only about 1 in 10 or so had *anything* at all.

Gonna run a group through as soon as I get more familiar with the areas surrounding Benzor.

./dingo

Edited by dingosatemybaby, 15 March 2005 - 02:22 AM.

#7 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:24 AM

Like a dope I edited my last post instead of just putting a new entry in, so *bumping* here to reflect new activity above.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

were do you find the actual server module for this mod? I see the Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod (database builder) version, but there is not the actual Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod. Can someone please point me to this, every search i do just brings up the self installer rar pack wich dose not include the module for the dedicated server.

#9 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

were do you find the actual server module for this mod? I see the Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod (database builder) version, but there is not the actual Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod. Can someone please point me to this, every search i do just brings up the self installer rar pack wich dose not include the module for the dedicated server.

View Post

Its here http://nwvault.ign.c...193720000.shtml. Un-rar it and read the readme in there thoroughly...everything you need is in the pack...but it sounds like you might want to wait for v8.

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

i already have that Downloaded, but it dosen't contain the Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod (114 meg or what ever the real size is) it contains the Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued.mod (3.57 meg). were do i find the larger real mod?

#11 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:59 PM

View Post

Again, talking from speculation not experience with this mod. I thought you promised to stop "helping".

View Post

well ya know horred considering ive been running LK Nordock for almost a year now and scripting , building etc the entire time i do believe i do have a bit of experience in this dept.... and since my server is up an running with little to no bugs using a very similar DB system, i do believe i might just know what im talking about....because in most cases unless you mess with certain things or change them, you SHOULD NOT be getting errors like this with new chars .

#12 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

View Post

View Post

well ya know horred considering ive been running LK Nordock for almost a year now and scripting , building etc the entire time i do believe i do have a bit of experience in this dept.... and since my server is up an running with little to no bugs using a very similar DB system, i do believe i might just know what im talking about....because in most cases unless you mess with certain things or change them, you SHOULD NOT be getting errors like this with new chars .

View Post

oh dang looks like reading above i was right it was the onclient enter script.... hmm im trying to be civil here so dont be a pain.

#13 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:26 PM

*beep beep*

WTH was that, oh, just someone tooting his own horn.

STFU!!!!

"Players are dying or having other crippling effect when the ENTER the server." - random dm/admin

"Oh, that would most certainly have something to do with the ON CLIENT ENTERRRRR script" - LK

I mean c'mon leutian... no kidding it's in the client enter scripts, really hard to guess that. Why do you keep coming back here and saying nothing? :excl:

#14 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:18 AM

Leutian,

When I say you speak from no experience, but mere specualtion, I mean this:

1) Are you actually looking at my mod?
2) Are you commenting on specifics of my mod?

If you truly want to help, download the mod and dig through the code--find SPECIFIC issues, and address them. For that, I would be grateful. Most of the people here care greatly about the mod itself, but are not masters of scripting.

If you are merely kibbitzing here as a means of inflating your own ego, I would appreciate it if you would take a hike, back to your own mod. You can post as many threads as you like there, to pat yourself on the back.

Hopefully this clarifies the issue. And that is the nicest way I can put it, because it is truly irritating me.

#15 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

Leutian,

When I say you speak from no experience, but mere specualtion, I mean this:

1) Are you actually looking at my mod?
2) Are you commenting on specifics of my mod?

If you truly want to help, download the mod and dig through the code--find SPECIFIC issues, and address them. For that, I would be grateful. Most of the people here care greatly about the mod itself, but are not masters of scripting.

If you are merely kibbitzing here as a means of inflating your own ego, I would appreciate it if you would take a hike, back to your own mod. You can post as many threads as you like there, to pat yourself on the back.

Hopefully this clarifies the issue. And that is the nicest way I can put it, because it is truly irritating me.

View Post

1. im not here to toot my own horn so people who say that can just STFU.
2. most of the "advice" i have tried to give you comes from experience with the Nordock mod itself , while it may not be the one your working on currently, a lot of the scripts etc are common to both, and as such i can offer help with them from my own experience from using both of the PR's for Nordock.
3. i would DL the mod and dig thru the code if i actually thought anyone gave a rats ass about what i say , but since you all seem to either belittle or ignore things when i do have a valid point , where is the reason or motivation for me to do this?

#16 taza

taza

NWN Modder

• 170 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

Leutian:

Why do you keep trolling the forum while you have no actual experience of the mod?
Mods in progress: Telinport v5

#17 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

Leutian:

Why do you keep trolling the forum while you have no actual experience of the mod?

View Post

taza why are you trolling the forum harassing me?

#18 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:57 PM

People, grow up.

Horred raises some firm but fair questions in which you've responded too in a pathetic and immature way Leutian. And I don't even know who the hell you are or what possible beef you've got with these two.

Whilst I've got no reason to lock this thread, ban ip's and all the usual hassle that comes with the thankless task of moderation, a slight interjection is justified here.

Grow up.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#19 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:56 AM

People, grow up.

Horred raises some firm but fair questions in which you've responded too in a pathetic and immature way Leutian.  And I don't even know who the hell you are or what possible beef you've got with these two.

Whilst I've got no reason to lock this thread, ban ip's and all the usual hassle that comes with the thankless task of moderation, a slight interjection is justified here.

Grow up.

View Post

ok, its like this there was a dispute awhile back over some things that some people just cant seem to let go, and that is the major issue here, personally i admitted the fault i had in the issue apologized for it after much ranting and raving , and now everytime i post anything poeple have something snide to say bout it , the issue between taza and i should be pretty well known by now since he cant seem to keep it between us and has to drag others into it, but thats besides the point this is the 2nd time hes interjected into a conversation that has nothing to do with him of late an its rather annoying and thus my comment, as for whats between horred and i i bare him no ill will tho he does need to realize that people are human an make mistakes, i admitted mine but that does not mean i should be ostracised or persecuted for it , and while i may have no "personal experience " with his mod in particular i do happen to know enough about the Nordock mod in general to at least contribute a little bit of help here and there if its not welcome then fine, but rather than , trying to make me look like an arse it could be taken to pm's rather than in public view. which apparently is the issue here,

i script as best i know how i do run a server so i do have experience in some of these issues and if people cant take advice from someone that knows what their going thru then fine ill no longer offer it,

people say this "posting" is immature, but hmm why am i the only one being named in this reference when im not the only one acting as such. personally it seems to me that there is a "click" going on here an everybody in it has decided to ban me etc belittle me etc in front of others, well sorry people this doesnt bother me at all, it just goes to show how far some people take some things when this is just words on a screen and nothing more. so thats all i have to say bout that.