I am stumped!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:21 AM

Sorry to say that, but I am at my wits' end :crying:

Tried to install V7 over existing & running V6 - made all neccessary changes & updates (consulting ReadMe of Horred).

Result:
- All existing chars were located dead & unconscious @ the Gateway. :blink:

After many tries of fixing the prob, I decided to start from the beginning (after a BackUp of ALL important files).

modus operandi
- Uninstall of MySQL 4.0 / Install of MySQL 4.1
- Format E:\ (Server HD)
- ReInstall of ALL needed NWN Files, consulting ReadMe of Horred
- started the DB-Builder-Modul
- created a hero with the NWN-Tools
-> got booted by the Server
-> no chance to enter the DB Builder to create all needed DBīs
-> launched the real mod, but couldnīt complete the CharGen via Dialogue
-> Restore of the MySQL DBīs seems to be impossible (many errors)

We plan to set up the Mod V7 and restore the servervault - rest remains to be seen. :crying:

Does someone has a hint or a solution for us? Maybe I overlook a capital error :whistling:

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

Sorry to say that, but I am at my wits' end :crying:

Tried to install V7 over existing & running V6 - made all neccessary changes & updates (consulting ReadMe of Horred).

Result:
- All existing chars were located dead & unconscious @ the Gateway. :blink:

After many tries of fixing the prob, I decided to start from the beginning (after a  BackUp of ALL important files).

modus operandi
- Uninstall of MySQL 4.0 / Install of MySQL 4.1
- Format E:\ (Server HD)
- ReInstall of ALL needed NWN Files, consulting ReadMe of Horred
- started the DB-Builder-Modul
- created a hero with the NWN-Tools
-> got booted by the Server
-> no chance to enter the DB Builder to create all needed DBīs
-> launched the real mod, but couldnīt complete the CharGen via Dialogue
-> Restore of the MySQL DBīs seems to be impossible (many errors)

We plan to set up the Mod V7 and restore the servervault - rest remains to be seen. :crying:

Does someone has a hint or a solution for us? Maybe I overlook a capital error :whistling:

View Post

If I had to guess (and that's all I can do, from transatlantic)--sounds like issues with MySQL itself. Version 7 has problems, and is being reworked right now, but those weren't any of them.

#3 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

If I had to guess (and that's all I can do, from transatlantic)--sounds like issues with MySQL itself. Version 7 has problems, and is being reworked right now, but those weren't any of them.

View Post

Thnx for the quick reply!!!!

Should not be a problem with MySQL - some of the DBs were genrated.

Main-Problem 1 is, the DB Builder boots every hero directly. It is impossible to enter the Play-Area.

We are able to log in and create the chars with the NWN Engine, but accordingly the players are booted (back to NWN Main Menu with message).

If we want to re-enter the mod with any pre-generated char, Main Menu & Boot message apear quasi directly.

Problems with the real-mod are known to us - they depend on our low Server PC (topic was fomerly discussed in other thread).

So, we need a DB-Builder-Mod, which is not bootig the heroes :rolleyes:

#4 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:33 AM

View Post

Thnx for the quick reply!!!!

Should not be a problem with MySQL - some of the DBs were genrated.

Main-Problem 1 is, the DB Builder boots every hero directly. It is impossible to enter the Play-Area.

We are able to log in and create the chars with the NWN Engine, but accordingly the players are booted (back to NWN Main Menu with message).

If we want to re-enter the mod with any pre-generated char, Main Menu & Boot message apear quasi directly.

Problems with the real-mod are known to us - they depend on our low Server PC (topic was fomerly discussed in other thread).

So, we need a DB-Builder-Mod, which is not bootig the heroes :rolleyes:

View Post

I had the same prob w/the db builder mod, and thought it was funny that going in under the 'real' mod took so long to build my 1st character he actually died of thirst/hunger. :blink:

Got better w/each progressive char I built though....

./Dingo

#5 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:03 PM

The DB Builder mod is a great idea but it might be more useful to admins to release the SQL exports of the necessary PRC tables and have the admins import them into MySQL as part of the installation.

The exports should be fairly small and easy to deal with (since they are just text files) and importing them should take quite a bit less time than having the module build all of the tables.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:44 PM

THAT would be AWESOME Tigger.....

Can someone do that?

Export the SQL for the tables.... PLEASE.....

Hell, i have to kill out my install of SQL now.. UUGGGHHH... and rebuild it...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Also... I get an invalid fil when exporting the exe file for the mod.. like it installs 2 files and the third doesn't go i... Dunno why.. have dloaded it a bunch of times.

ELP!!! hjehehehe

#7 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:49 PM

THAT would be AWESOME Tigger.....

Can someone do that?

Export the SQL for the tables.... PLEASE.....

Hell, i have to kill out my install of SQL now.. UUGGGHHH... and rebuild it...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Also... I get an invalid fil when exporting the exe file for the mod.. like it installs 2 files and the third doesn't go i... Dunno why.. have dloaded it a bunch of times.

ELP!!!  hjehehehe

View Post

If its just static data that can be exported irrespective of my server vs. yours, I have a working (v7) install - if someone tells me how to do it, I'd be happy to get it done and post it up somewhere.

Clueless here though, so if this is a Bad Idea ™ we should probably find that out first....

:wacko:

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

I tried to do this, but always got empty text files on every effort. As it says in the read me: I am NOT a SQL expert. :D

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

OH... I will have to tell you when I get home...

I did it when I was running a server for CoPaP.. (Another NWN community) for backup... Like ingredients, treasure tables, etc....

I will post the instructions.. I am using MySQL and the Control Center.....

THAT would be SOOOOO nice.. Maybe you can email me the file(s)

ok leaving at 4:30pm est time..... be home by 5pm.. :thumb:

#10 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:07 PM

ooppss... it must have logged me out... the above post is from ME!!!

:thumb:

#11 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

If its just static data that can be exported irrespective of my server vs. yours, I have a working (v7) install - if someone tells me how to do it, I'd be happy to get it done and post it up somewhere.

Clueless here though, so if this is a Bad Idea ™ we should probably find that out first....

View Post

Would be a very great help not only for me!!!!! :thumb:

And should be no big deal with MySQL-Administrator (http://www.mysql.com.../administrator/) :ph34r:

If you need help, contact me via PM :online2long:

#12 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:15 AM

View Post

Would be a very great help not only for me!!!!! :thumb:

And should be no big deal with MySQL-Administrator (http://www.mysql.com.../administrator/) :ph34r:

If you need help, contact me via PM :online2long:

View Post

OK everyone.... Here goes... (unfortunately I had to reghost my server back to an earlier date.. UUGGHHHH)

1. Open MySQL Administrator
2. Choose Backup
3. Click New Project
4. Name it, pick the nwn Dbase and move it to your content window
5. Goto the Advanced options tab at the top, Check the box for Backup Seleced Schemata completely
6. Execute, pick a location to save and BOOM.. your done....

If you open the MySQL Control Center and pick SQL you cn open the sql file and look at it.. This should be a dump of ALL the tables and contents..

Hope this helps... I did this with my tables before and is a GREAT help when recreating the tables after a crash..... You can also schedule it to do this automatically.....

:thumb:

Jag

#13 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:22 AM

Oki - the procedure is online -> Thnx @ Jaguar :)

But who has got a more or less completed DB, could make a back up and put it online? :online2long:

#14 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:24 AM

You got me there....

somone who has all this running FLAWLESSLY...

Maybe Horred?

Hell, ANYONE.....

The file is VERY small... it is really just a text file filled with code...

It can be posted ANYWHERE....

I can give out my email to the person that can send it to me.. I don't care.. I just want all of this mess fixed.. UUGGHH...

I actually think I have to kill my server and start over again... reinstall the os and all that....

Tried last night to run the PRC PvP mod just to test the change from human to Pixie.. NO SUCH LUCK.. UUGGHH... how frustrating is that?

Edited by Jaguar, 16 March 2005 - 08:32 AM.

#15 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:41 AM

Got a PM from dingosatemybaby, who offered his DBs!!!!! :thumb:

Maybe he will send them to me in a couple of hours - i will let you know ^_^

#16 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:47 AM

If there is a good export of the SQL tables I'll be happy to host them on my webspace along with the guide (which I hope to get to rewrite next week when I can get back to the fun stuff)

#17 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:48 AM

You got me there....

somone who has all this running FLAWLESSLY...

Maybe Horred?

Hell, ANYONE.....

View Post

:whistling: Well, actually, I do, hehe. :D

And I did nothing more than what I described in my read me file, seriously. I didn't keep any special instructions to myself--the point was to share this with one-and-all.

Checks: Is your NWNX.ini file set up properly?

Do you have all the files (dll's) in your game folder?

I don't run a dedicated server, I don't have a second PC to test this on, I never have--so I have little (no) guidance to help those who do, sorry.

#18 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:50 AM

NICE.. I am starting to LOVE this FORUM...

I have to say you are a great group of people....

Well... someone PM me or email me (jaguar0620@yahoo.com)
to let me know when the link is up.. OR when the file is ready...

This is AWESOME!!!!

Amazing when a bunch of grey matter gets together.... :thumb:

#19 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:00 AM

i know Horred... and it is nothing against you.. cause the mod you have created to do all this is AWESOME....

This is much faster... and you do not have to worry about CPU load...

Please do not take offense Horred.. I am just trying to figure out why I can not get this running and also trying to streamline this process... which sounds like it takes a while to complete...

Pumping info directly into the Dbase is ALWAYS faster.... (I like SQL)

When I get home tonite I will have a server to rebuild.. UUGGHHH...

#20 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:17 AM

i know Horred... and it is nothing against you.. cause the mod you have created to do all this is AWESOME....

This is much faster...  and you do not have to worry about CPU load...

Please do not take offense Horred.. I am just trying to figure out why I can not get this running and also trying to streamline this process... which sounds like it takes a while to complete...

Pumping info directly into the Dbase is ALWAYS faster....  (I like SQL)

When I get home tonite I will have a server to rebuild.. UUGGHHH...

View Post

Just reading the above posts, and yes I did indeed offer to post up my db, but then I noticed someone said "fairly complex"...well my db is not that (I am guessing).

if it has to be, then I put my hand up too soon. I have created about 10-12 characters with a mix of subraces and classes, and playtested probably half of them for a total of a 3-5 hours at most. :blink:

So if thats still what you think you want, I'd be happy to export it out. If not, maybe one of the vets here will do it from a server that's been around a while - my install started brandy new w/v5 and I've wiped and started over w/each successive rev until v7.