Version 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Infernus

Infernus
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

I am very comp challenged so this is probably a simple fix for you comp GURU'S

1. I can log into the character creation area, however i keep getting booted at the character race part.

2. if i try to use the mini mod to create the data tables i am immediately booted i can only log in on the full mod... which boots me on race creation.

3. i understand where the files CEP Portrait.....DB Builder.mod go but where do i put the PRC2.2c,Docs 1-5...?

any help greatly appreciated

I think youve done a FANTASTIC job Horrid :thumb:

#2 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

1. I  can log into the character creation area, however i keep getting booted at the character race part.

2. if i try to use the mini mod to create the data tables i am immediately booted i can only log in on the full mod... which boots me on race creation.

3. i understand where the files CEP Portrait.....DB Builder.mod go but where do i put the PRC2.2c,Docs 1-5...?

View Post

Hi,

1. Don't know. Sorry.
2. Don't know. Sorry.
3. Anywhere you want, they are just documents about the prc stuff, how to install etc.

udoh
:)

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:40 PM

1. I  can log into the character creation area, however i keep getting booted at the character race part.

View Post

Well thanks, but it doesn't sound like you're having much fun here.

I'm going to guess that you are getting booted because your system is reaching overload on race table creation. Usually, this doesn't happen to feat table, though.

Do you have your game installed to a different place besides the default location, or is this a dedicated server on its own pc? If so, you have to change the info in inc_letoscript to match, just as if it was the regular module. There is no Fast French in the mini-mod, no HCR, no PC Booting technology, so your guess is probably better than mine. At least you have the PC in front of you to check things...

Yes, as Udoh sais--the PRC doc's are simply there for your convenience, to consult for information on the multitude of races and classes now available. Put them wherever you like. Delete them if you wish. They have no real in-game file value whatsoever. Just don't come back asking about the races and claases, if you do delete them. :rolleyes: :P

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:58 AM

View Post

Well thanks, but it doesn't sound like you're having much fun here.

I'm going to guess that you are getting booted because your system is reaching overload on race table creation. Usually, this doesn't happen to feat table, though.

Do you have your game installed to a different place besides the default location, or is this a dedicated server on its own pc? If so, you have to change the info in inc_letoscript to match, just as if it was the regular module. There is no Fast French in the mini-mod, no HCR, no PC Booting technology, so your guess is probably better than mine. At least you have the PC in front of you to check things...

Yes, as Udoh sais--the PRC doc's are simply there for your convenience, to consult for information on the multitude of races and classes now available. Put them wherever you like. Delete them if you wish. They have no real in-game file value whatsoever. Just don't come back asking about the races and claases, if you do delete them. :rolleyes: :P

View Post

LMAO, i dont blame others for things i do Horred :D

i seem to have figured out some problems my freeeeeekin router was a big problem, i set this server up for my friends and boy was i surprised tonight when no one could log in LOL,

but thats fixed now.... i think

i have version 6 up and running fine on my laptop, and im trying to get version 8 running on my old tower, so that will be the dedicated server for the mod.

but honestly the things you programing pep's can do truly amazes me,
and im hoping lucky #8 will be working soon i cant wait to see the changes

TY ALL VM for the quick responses(without flames :P )