Worldmap link bugs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

This started at the CtB thread, thought I better move it here...

Obviously there are some worldmap link issues with the BP-BGT map that never were resolved. I want to fix them now, BUT in order to fix em I'll have to know em first :ph34r:

So if you know of any link problems, please post them here. Preferably add area codes of the areas involved and in which direction you want to leave and on which side of the new area you should apear.

Thanks!

Here is what I know so far:
- can't transition from city gates to Eshpurta (TDD quest); posted by Melisande
-> confirmed & fixed for v3
- Go from the area where you save the farmer's cow from the Xvarts to either areas above Nashkel and below Beregost. Both movements crash the game. Posted by Sir BilyBob.
-> confirmed & fixed for v2
- I can't access one map area at all because I'll have a ctd immediately (game doesn't even load the area). I don't know its area code but it's the second area north from Gnoll Stronghold. Posted by Minnamarit on the DSotSC forum.
- not reproducible

Edited by Yacomo, 20 March 2005 - 01:14 AM.

#2 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:19 AM

Added status of bugs.

Minnamarit, if you read this: I was unable to reproduce the bug you reported on the DSotSC forum. Could you provide some more information? I'd especially like to know:
- What exactly was the location where you wanted to go? (a screenshot of the map icon will be fine)
- From which location do you wanted to go there?
- Through which side of that location did you leave? (north, south, east or west)

Thanks!

#3 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:01 AM

Added status of bugs.

Minnamarit, if you read this: I was unable to reproduce the bug you reported on the DSotSC forum. Could you provide some more information? I'd especially like to know:
- What exactly was the location where you wanted to go? (a screenshot of the map icon will be fine)
- From which location do you wanted to go there?
- Through which side of that location did you leave? (north, south, east or west)

Thanks!

View Post

Hi Yacomo,
Sorry I didn't see your post until today... :whistling: The location I was trying to go was the area two north from Gnoll stronghold (originally AR4100, I'll send you screenshot later today when I get back from work.). I get ctd whenever I try to go there. I've tried to approach it from South (woodelves map, exit to North of it), South East (Xvart village IIRC, exit to East) and East (Drizzt and gnolls, exit to East).

Yesterday I got more serious problems, as I can't access some parts of Baldur's Gate... :crying: I get ctd whenever I try to go to the Western side of town (with Hall of Wonder) or North East part of town (with Blushing Mermaid). I tried to enter those parts from all other parts of the city and every time I get a ctd. Also, trying to enter the gambler tent in central part of Baldur's gate crashes my game...

I truly, seriously hope that my whole installation isn't fubar! I'd hate to re-install everything now that I'm quite close to the end of BG1... :unsure:
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#4 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:17 AM

Hi Yacomo,
Sorry I didn't see your post until today... :whistling:  The location I was trying to go was the area two north from Gnoll stronghold (originally AR4100, I'll send you screenshot later today when I get back from work.).  I get ctd whenever I try to go there. I've tried to approach it from South (woodelves map, exit to North of it), South East (Xvart village IIRC, exit to East) and East (Drizzt and gnolls, exit to East).

Yesterday I got more serious problems, as I can't access some parts of Baldur's Gate... :crying:  I get ctd whenever I try to go to the Western side of town (with Hall of Wonder) or North East part of town (with Blushing Mermaid). I tried to enter those parts from all other parts of the city and every time I get a ctd. Also, trying to enter the gambler tent in central part of Baldur's gate crashes my game...

I truly, seriously hope that my whole installation isn't fubar! I'd hate to re-install everything now that I'm quite close to the end of BG1... :unsure:

View Post

Oh my, that does not sound good :( I was hoping you were travelling there from somewhere 'far away'. I fear this has nothing to do with the worldmap then, since I travelled through all of these areas as well as through Baldur's Gate just last week in search of other broken links.
As for fixing your problem, I would not despair yet B) I'd suggest you start a new thread with a big 'HELP ME' in the title, just to draw more attention. Put as much detail in it as you can gather (including which mods you are using, best add weidu.log). We'll try to figure out what is wrong ;)

#5 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

OK, will do that. Thanks. :)

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#6 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:09 AM

Hi Minnamaarit, did you biff your override to clean it up? If you did you might have the wrong TIS in your biffs. It has something to do with headers and I am sure that there are lots of people that can give you more information about it or if you search in the forum you will find people having CTD because of wrong TIS in the biff.

This would be the case if you have any mods installed (DSotSC and NTotSC) for BGT as they might have changed these areas.

To solve it put the TIS back in your override folder and see if you still get CTD. I'm at work at the moment so I cannot check my installation to see if these mods install or change the areas or TIS at all.

#7 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:47 AM

Hi Minnamaarit, did you biff your override to clean it up?  If you did you might have the wrong TIS in your biffs. It has something to do with headers and I am sure that there are lots of people that can give you more information about it or if you search in the forum you will find people having CTD because of wrong TIS in the biff.

This would be the case if you have any mods installed (DSotSC and NTotSC) for BGT as they might have changed these areas.

To solve it put the TIS back in your override folder and see if you still get CTD.  I'm at work at the moment so I cannot check my installation to see if these mods install or change the areas or TIS at all.

View Post

Ahem. Once again I must admit that I know nothing about scripts, TIS's and biff sounds like it could be that in my plate... :rolleyes: So, messing up with these files on my own is a bit questionable. So which file should I move to override folder? I propably need a full name for that. :blush:

I followed Shadowtech's installation guide and installed SoBH, DSotSC, BP-BGT worldmap and BP series in top of that. Nothing more. All other areas except those couple in Baldur's Gate and that one forest map worked perfect. I haven't tried to CLUA to those areas, however so I don't know if I'm compeltely missing the area files.

Will start a topic of my own later today.

Edited by minnamaarit, 24 March 2005 - 04:48 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:46 AM

Hi Minnamarit,

These are the area codes for the areas you have problems with, maybe it helps:

BG-West: AR7600
BG-NE: AR7400
Wilderness: ARA100 (hope that's the right one)

Let us know if you can CLUA there ^_^

#9 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:19 AM

Hi Minnamarit,

These are the area codes for the areas you have problems with, maybe it helps:

BG-West: AR7600
BG-NE: AR7400
Wilderness: ARA100 (hope that's the right one)

Let us know if you can CLUA there ^_^

View Post

Hi Yacomo,
Thanks for the codes.
I tried to CLUA to those maps with the same results: ctd. I'm sure I'm missing some files and already made a topic, hoping to get some help. Uh, I feel a massive headache and stress for my righ mouse finger coming this way.. :wacko:

Posted Image