Photo

How do I uninstall these mods?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nooble

Nooble
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

Hello, I was wondering how do I uninstall these mods, including BP. I want to uninstall it because it makes my game laggy, even though I have 2.0 GHz and 512 ram, that's more than enough to paly BG2. The other reason why I want to uninstall it is because it seems like the creator of the mod just added extra monsters everywhere. I'm still in the first dungeon, and there's tons of bugbears there. I feel that there's too many monsters. And the game is too hard. And sometimes the monsters freezesfor some reason. They just stand still letting me kill them. And then one by one they start to be activated or something than fight back when all of them are almost dead.

How do I uninstall this mod?

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

Try:
Uninstalling BG2
Deleting the Black Isle Folder
Reinstalling BG2

#3 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:23 PM

you can also change your frame rate to speed up your game, just click configure instead of the play. there is a few of options under game play and graphics, that can help your speed, as for the extra monsters they are there because jonny's dungon was borring, set the game to an easier setting or you could just enable cheat keys and kill them .
but I would recomend that you play through it once.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 20 March 2005 - 12:25 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#4 Nooble

Nooble
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

The only way is to reinstall the game?...............

Ok, I will use the config..

#5 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:16 PM

If your game is really lagging, you might want to check out some of the threads on the "Stutter Bug". Basically, first check your game and see if there's any change when you drop your container items. (When they get too full, the game engine lags no matter your system.) That and what AI scripts are you using?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#6 Nooble

Nooble
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:53 PM

I dont' knwo which A.I script I'm using. I just installed three of the main mods, their patches, then BP, and the s and h patch. The game deosn't lag when my container is full, I'm just in the first dungeon and I barely have any items. The game lags when I see monsters, and sometimes the monsters just stand still and do nothing.

I can't stand it anymore, I'm goingto uninstall then reinstall BG2. And I don't see why all those extra creatures were added there. It wasn't boring before.

#7 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

in your config, under graphics, is 'use 3d acceleration' checked ? if so uncheck it that might help. then in desplay is it running in windo or fullscreen? use fullscreen
Live Free Or Die

#8 Nooble

Nooble
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

I tried most of the options. I always play fullscreen. The game gets choppy no matter what.

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:32 PM

Try disabling your virus scanner, they can often cause issues on some systems.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#10 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

However, since you also have issues with the content you may want to just do what I did and not play the mod. You'll miss out on some stuff, but I found that it wasn't worth the hassle with all the installation issues that pop up, and the sometimes questionable content.

As an aside, I'd love to see some more of the BP/big mods material broken down into more smaller components if that is doable for material that isn't required by other components. I know there are a few things (which I can't remember off the top of my head) that I'd love to try out, but will probably never take a look at since they are packaged as part of the mega mods.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#11 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:51 PM

I just tried that, and it sure helped me.

#12 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:47 AM

The only way is to reinstall the game?...............

Ok, I will use the config..

View Post

It isn't at all hard, you don't lose anything, and it works every time. Big mods also may be less likely to uninstall properly *cough* CtB *cough*.