Photo

DSotSC run through

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:08 AM

Okay, fishing village.  It is north of the Beard.  I assume you have already been there?  If not, find the fisherman in Baldur's Gate (Nadalin, I think).  He will tell you about not being able to fish anymore.  He doesn't reveal the area, I don't remember who does or if you just need to leave the Beard to see it.  Anywho, clear out the sirines next to his boat and all fire salamanders (inside the cave also).

Talk to the skipper in the village and also Nadalin so he knows he can go home.  You will not be able to go to the ice salamander island without solving the Citadel quest (which I think you had already hosed).

CTD issues.  If it is on more than one area, it could be an item that needs to reappear or recharge (something that disappears with use but returns after resting).  I can't think of any new items like this.  The other known problem for these crashes is a memmorized spell that is corrupt (simply a bad spell).  You would have to unselect that spell from your memorized list so it won't try to add it back.

a CTD on one screen only usually means that the resting monster spawn has a bad creature listed.  So I would need to know if this is really the problem with your game.  Does it just crash on Cloudpeaks or on any area?  At an inn and/or outside?

View Post

The game crashed in the Cloudpeaks, in Larswood, and on the Durlag's Tower screen. Both outside and in. I haven't tried an Inn yet. I'm assuming the fisherman in BG is somewhere near the water. I'll go see if I can track him down. Right now, I have nothing north Ulgoth's Beard. I have one candidate for an item that is supposed to recharge. Keiria had a Lute that cast a Dire Charm spell on an enemy. I thought the Lute was usable once a day, but the item disappeared from her Quickslot, and has not returned. Let me pull up NI and see if its still in her inventory. I'll begin checking my other items and spells as well. This could take awhile.

Got it! I nailed down my little problem. It's one of the Dark Side items. The Robe of Dh'arlo'me. The damned thing's unstable. It had Keiria's spell slots for first and second level totally fubared. I was able to use NI to swap the robe out with something else, then reset her memorized spells and, Viola! the problem went away.

More good news, I have found the fishing village, you have to head out from the Northesast corner of the Fields of the Dead map to access it. In the process of killing Salamanders now.

I've found another problem. The little cottage just north of Olivia causes a CTD if you try to enter it.

Ok, this has got to be just me. I'm not sure I've been able to get any of the NT quests to run through to completion. For the moment, I'm going to take a break and run through the TotSC materials. At this point Keiria is 11th level. Imoen is 11th level. My multiclass character is 8th, 8th, 7th.

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 27 March 2005 - 07:07 PM.

"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#22 -Zharradan-

-Zharradan-

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:10 AM

Okay, fishing village. It is north of the Beard. I assume you have already been there? If not, find the fisherman in Baldur's Gate (Nadalin, I think). He will tell you about not being able to fish anymore. He doesn't reveal the area, I don't remember who does or if you just need to leave the Beard to see it. Anywho, clear out the sirines next to his boat and all fire salamanders (inside the cave also).

Talk to the skipper in the village and also Nadalin so he knows he can go home. You will not be able to go to the ice salamander island without solving the Citadel quest (which I think you had already hosed).

CTD issues. If it is on more than one area, it could be an item that needs to reappear or recharge (something that disappears with use but returns after resting). I can't think of any new items like this. The other known problem for these crashes is a memmorized spell that is corrupt (simply a bad spell). You would have to unselect that spell from your memorized list so it won't try to add it back.

a CTD on one screen only usually means that the resting monster spawn has a bad creature listed. So I would need to know if this is really the problem with your game. Does it just crash on Cloudpeaks or on any area? At an inn and/or outside?

Does this area appear on Yacomo's modified map for bgt-bp? On that map Ulgoth's Beard is on an island, and nothing but sea to the north of it. I've tried exiting NE from the Fields of the Dead like the other poster, but nothing appears.

What is the Area code for the village?

Thanks.

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

AR20BP is the area. When NTotSC was first added to BGT-BP, Ulgoth's Beard was not an island. Not sure about this change and why it happened. You should also be able to get to this area from the Field of the Dead (AR10PB, I think).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#24 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

Almost finished DSotSC. For now, I had the only problem - when resting in the banshee area (Jet'Laya's quest), a bunch of Zombie Lords can awake you. The problem is that everyone initializes a dialog similar to ZL dialog in the Cult of Unseeing Eye in SoA (about the "Great Feeder").
It is really annoying to speak to 8-10 zombies :)

#25 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

Found 2 more things...
1) DSBOOK01.ITM (doubles mage's experience) after usage writes about player constitution, not experience.
2) The Dark One quest - the phantoms leave immediately after you kill the Dark One, so you can't give them 6 vials.

#26 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:38 PM

1) DSBOOK01.ITM (doubles mage's experience) after usage writes about player constitution, not experience.

Are you seeing this somewhere in the character's stats?

2) The Dark One quest - the phantoms leave immediately after you kill the Dark One, so you can't give them 6 vials.

True, but the vials are given to them and you get credit for completing the quest. Unless for some reason you still have them.

Classic Adventures

#27 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

Are you seeing this somewhere in the character's stats?

No, the experience doubles as needed. Only the effect description appearing in the status line is wrong.

True, but the vials are given to them and you get credit for completing the quest. Unless for some reason you still have them.

I'm saying that the speaking phantom initializes the dialog immediately after you kill the Dark One. And then leaves along with the others. The vials remain on the ground. And after that there is no one to give these vials to.

Edited by ScuD, 31 January 2006 - 12:53 AM.

#28 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

Hmm, okay, I thought the script has the phantom take the jars. I will have to check it again. The book sounds like it will be easy to fix.

Classic Adventures

#29 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

Hmm, okay, I thought the script has the phantom take the jars. I will have to check it again. The book sounds like it will be easy to fix.

Never had such problem in my game honestly,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn