Photo

Building tables

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

I saw some people asking for this in another post so i figured i would post what i have. This is all the tables that were created for this mod, there are some racial feats, and feats that are missing because i haven tmade those characters yet. I will post again when my database is more complete and i can give a full database, but this is a good start.

See code here

Edited by muaddib, 23 March 2005 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:36 AM

Excellent!!!

Hopefully we can piece together all of the tables and be able to shorten the server start time :) A few extra steps to the initial installation but this will save a lot of time and headaches when players are trying to create characters :D

#3 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

I added more. It is almost complete.

#4 jedi156

jedi156
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:59 AM

I added more. It is almost complete.

View Post

I guess the evil harkonnens kicked the atreides server right off the internet :(
( Your link timed out )

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:03 AM

I umm did a bone headed thing. I installed ZoneAlarm to my server and rebooted it, but i forgot one very important thing.....i use remote access to the server which is automaticly blocked until you sign onto the server physicly and allow the access...DOH!!!!

Problem is being fixed and should be working again shortly.

#6 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:05 AM

I umm did a bone headed thing. I installed ZoneAlarm to my server and rebooted it, but i forgot one very important thing.....i use remote access to the server which is automaticly blocked until you sign onto the server physicly and allow the access...DOH!!!!

Problem is being fixed and should be working again shortly.

View Post

This was me^^^^^^^^

Im still kicking myself for doing that.....

#7 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:47 PM

its all fixed now...link is working again.

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:09 AM

I've managed to actually make a SQL backup file....YAY!!! :D

It's too big to post here for download (about 2.6 MB).

I'll put it on my Yahoo Big Picture nod site, for download. Look in the "other files" section. Note that you'll have to sign up to the club to get the .sql file, if you haven't already.

#9 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:29 AM

I've managed to actually make a SQL backup file....YAY!!!  :D

It's too big to post here for download (about 2.6 MB).

I'll put it on my Yahoo Big Picture nod site, for download. Look in the "other files" section. Note that you'll have to sign up to the club to get the .sql file, if you haven't already.

View Post

how do i import this please horred....the import option is greyed out in mysql control panel under the nwn db tables section?

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

how do i import this please horred....the import option is greyed out in mysql control panel under the nwn db tables section?

View Post

Don't ask me, sigil--I barely figured out how to export the darn thing! :D

IMPORTANT NOTE:  I am NOT a SQL expert. This mod was my first experience with MySQL.

I'm sure some of the people who knw more about MySQL (and/or proposed the idea in the first place) can offer some valuable insight, when they come around and see this post. ;)

#11 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:21 AM

Ok i ajusted my SQL file link to reflect horreds (what better database then from the creator.

As far as importing the file gose, simply open up MYsql control center, select your database then click on the blue SQL button (3rd row from the top, 3rd button in). A new window will open up called query. open up the file button and direct it to the .sql file you downloaded. This will import the commands into the new window you had open. Now you should see blue, green and red writing in that window. Once this is done press ctrl+e and your database will be built.

#12 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:36 AM

Ok i ajusted my SQL file link to reflect horreds (what better database then from the creator.

As far as importing the file gose, simply open up MYsql control center, select your database then click on the blue SQL button (3rd row from the top, 3rd button in). A new window will open up called query. open up the file button and direct it to the .sql file you downloaded. This will import the commands into the new window you had open. Now you should see blue, green and red writing in that window. Once this is done press ctrl+e and your database will be built.

View Post

thanx muaddib :)

#13 stuartpierce

stuartpierce
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

I don't know the first thing about SQL, so I'm not sure if this is working for me or not.

Ok, I downloaded Horred's .sql file, nwn 20050323 0458.sql.

I launch the MySQL Control Center. Under databases, it has mysql and nwn listed. Under nwn, it has tables, and there are 117 tables ranging from classes to spellschools.

So with NWN highlighted, I hit the blue SQL button, I hit File, Open, I point towards nwn 20050323 0458.sql, and I get the red, blue, and green text, and I hit Ctrl-E. I hear kind of a buzzing noise for a few seconds.

Is that all? I'm not even sure where the database file is. There is a file in my NWN directory named sqlite.db. Is that it? It seems kind of funny that it's only 675 kb in size, and the 20050323 0458.sql is 2682 kb in size? And I just tried creating a wizard (I've already 10 characters, one of each major class, using the small dummy module), and it still seemed pretty slow. There is a save button on the query window, and I hit that.

Once I have the PRC tables built, are they all set no matter what I do? I mean, if I go in and edit the module, say, that doesn't reset anything? I'm not even sure exactly what I'm asking. It seemed like the 2nd, 3rd, character I created became faster and faster (none were anywhere nearly as slow as the first), but just now making a 2nd wizard it seems really slow again.

Thanks for any help. As you can tell, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Stuart Pierce