Has anyone actually played this through?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Canned Chaos-

-Canned Chaos-

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hey, I'm considering playing through BP + BGT + CtC + DSotSC + NTotSC ... the whole shebang (been downloading files all day).
Still, I don't really have an idea of how stable this release is.
Has anyonne actually played this mod all the way through, level one to gazillion?
And what are the chances of me completing the monster without any major glitches?
It just seems improbable that such a devilishly huge mod could actually work...

By the way, someone seriously needs to put up a sticky explaining the idea of this mod from the very basics.
The first thing a noob sees is a list of like 30 required files, not to mention there are like 4 versions of that list.
It took me more than half an hour to just get an idea of what it is about, and several hours to research the files needed, what's compatible etc...
An FAQ would sure help.
And I'm still not sure what exactly is included in the BP package itself. Is Spell-50 integrated in it? How about Ease of Use, Unfinished Business, Tactics?

And, not to be a whiner, the mod is actually quite awesome (if I can get it to work, that is - we shall see), and I salute the people who created it.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:30 PM

not to be a whiner

Face it, your a whiner. :P

Yes it is getting very complicated with all the extra mods thrown into the mix. The components of BP have been listed several times here. I think Yacomo has it copied into a desktop scrap so he can just recopy it as needed.

BP is not a "mod" as in a quest mod or NPC mod. It is a component you add on top of the other three big mods so they they will work together. A few smaller mods were added to BP because they could not be installed without breaking the other mods. Those mods included are Ascension and parts of the Tactics mod (mainly the new encounters). Ease-of-Use, Item Upgrade and all those level 50 types are not included in BP.

You have to download and install the big three: TDD, SoS, and TS. You also have to download and install BP. Instructions for installation are already posted here.

Yes, you can play all these mods together (I assume CtC is really CtB??). There are a few minor bugs and you may have to use the command console to get past them. However, at the rate on of us is always posting a fix for something, you may never complete the game. You will just have to install everything and play it without doing any of the updates as we post them (many require you to restart the game).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

I think Yacomo has it copied into a desktop scrap so he can just recopy it as needed.

View Post

:D

I am a bit lazy today, so I'll just post a link, hope this helps!

And my suggestion would be to steer away from this Spell50 stuff, mages are already overpowered in this game and if you use this, some of your opponents will really toast you...

Don't worry too much about the bugs, they are there, yes, but whenever you hit one, you'll always find a helpful soul on this board that steers you around...

As for 'playing through', nope me not. Played about four weeks until this Borg community assimilated me and moved me to the 'dark side' (or 'light side' or whatever :devil: ).

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:55 AM

As for 'playing through', nope me not. Played about four weeks until this Borg community assimilated me and moved me to the 'dark side' (or 'light side' or whatever :devil: ).

View Post

But you had cultural distinctiveness that we need to adapt, oh artiste and mapmaker. :lol: ;)

#5 Canned Chaos

Canned Chaos
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:53 AM

Thanks for the info.
I wasn't sure about just the stuff that's included in the BP + BGT package itself.
I'm actually glad Spell-50 is not aprt of it, as you said Yacomo, they are already powerful enough (and fun to play too).
Strangely enough, the BP manual compatibility list (BigPicture161G_Manual.pdf by Yazzuie, I believe) has Spell 50 listed as included.

I guess I'll give playing the whole game a shot then. As soon as I can get hold of a copy of Tales of the Sword Coast, that is ;)

(I assume CtC is really CtB??). 

View Post

Yep, that's CtB. never was any good with acronyms.

Face it, your a whiner.  :P 

View Post

And, yes, I guess I am. So... when can we expect a WeIDu version of BP +BGT?
And when is Planescape torment going to be included? :P

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:17 AM

Planescape? Doubtful. Although you will see some of the areas from PST in the TDD quests. CtB introduces a couple of creatures from PST. Lastly, DSotSC has NPCs that use the voice sets of PST. I don't think you are going to see much more than that.

By the way, we all have been whining to Horred, "When is going to be done?". So join the whiners here and help out the new folk when they ask the same questions we all have asked at some point.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website