Photo

BG-BGT-NEJ (some thanks =)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zeracles

Zeracles
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:52 AM

First of all, i'd like to thank you guys for this incredible mod.
It works fine and has very few bugs (which can be deleted manually).
For all those who are interested in "can it be played?", "has someone finished it?", "is it `installable`?" i can answer YES. Sometimes it becomes boring (especially when you fighting through NEJ or see the same area for the n-th time (just in different mods)). But the best cure of this - just to import your character in BG1 (IMHO - the best Infinity game (such landscapes, woods, freedom (am I freak? =)))

(i play with a single character fighter/cleric/mage (from the 1 level to the end never had a party) (and never used cheats or CLUA (allways corrected buggy scripts manually...))
(i have latest patch intalled and have started game from the begginig (BG1) with my old character)
(i have downloaded BG-BGT-NEJ when forums were hosted at bgteam.org (about an 1.5 years ago and do not know what is 'a weidu version' =))

Now of VERY minor bugs, that i have corrected myself, but it would be nice to see them corrected in the official release
I didn't exactly finished the game - yes, i killed Irenicus, but when i aproached demon (in the IWD expancion area (the isle of dead, i suppose) - i imported to BG1 - why? - because i killed him without losing any hp! (and it is boring=).
So this is the first global "bug", that could be seen often in the game:
The `quest` monsters from mods do not see through invisibility. For example dragons from original game always see through Mislead, shadow door and so on. What in mods? when i was killing 3 dragons in the DD - the main tactics (we cannot call it tactics, cause this dragon just cannot hurt 40/40/50 level char =))) was to cast mislead and kill it while it hunts for the projection - that is stupid. And that SUPER-MEGA-POWERFUL-DEMON after Irenicus - it even didnt saw my projection - i left it at the start of the map - i could kill him with my bare hands - he would not resist...

RIAT quest - Add it to the journal (also applies to the most `modded` quests (but this one is the most annoying) - I could not understand - why am i being killed by a horde of 'Tolgeriases', Of course i havent carfully read the dialogs where i am send in Athkatla and so initiated this cutscene.

BG2 transportation - works 50/50 (i have to set FinishedTOSC=1 - even if i made all quests (IMHO there should be a option in the Belt dialog tho leave BG1 if whether werewolves of durlags tower is finished...)

Also why are all of cutscenes in DD have my chararacter in the middle? - this is killing all athmosphere... (as a replacement i suggest to create `invisible` (no animation) monster, who has the properties of the `wizard eye` (clears the fog of war) and place the main character in the back. Or just look into the original scripts and make it like that(if that is possible of course)

Buglist:
Dwaeron in the cloakwood mines (BG1 Chapter 5 Boss) doesn't use magic - just tries to kill you with his staff...

When you return to Candlekeep (chapter 6) the marks on the map are corrupted (dialog.tlk bug)

On the island of werewolves the `escape dungeon` crashes the game (I do not really understand why - just edited the main area to skip this dungeon (exit right to the ship...))

Not bug, but it would be better to edit scripts in nej so it would be not neccesary to visit tavern before ice goddess appears in the cave (in the valley of shadows) (it WAS NOT neccesary in IWD)

Bug, but not killable (i suppose)(let we call it cheat =) with the Tenser transphormation spell the character gets double hit points...

Small Remark - I DO passed through Vail of Shadow with a SINGLE character !WITHOUT LUA! and without changes in the recent patch - IT IS POSSIBLE!!! (do not listen to that guy, who created that patch - it not just possible - it is VERY interesting and challenging!...)

again not bug, but there in the vail of shadows there is a cave that has a trap - deathtrp.BCS - do not you think that it is vile to the parties, that do not have thief in it (like my =)))) (it is vile because this trap is irresistable and unprotectable - the script is just - Kill if someone steps - thats stupid - i have Death ward and another dozen of spells on me and my `tank` just dies withou any chance of saving throw - i replaced it with the finger of death spell - more balanced...

-engine bugs =) (as i suppose=)-
Cleric's spells: I do not really want IMHO 'useless' (like 'suffocation' - 7 level - 5 damage... (i suppose it should work a little diffirent...)) spells, that just BLOCK other spells (they are 'out of sight). mages can delete unwanted spells, cleric cannot - or let we say `can with Near Infinity` - it is a little annoying...

High level abilities - my F/C/M character cannot select all of the abilities - they are also hidden...

Wishlist:
Journal entry for all quests
Going back to BG1 (it would be nice to go back to the beautiful nature of BG1 areas...)
More items in dragons =)))
Not-So-Cheating mages (they are killable and it is not problem, but the 'breach' spell is quite useless - they will cast another armor the next second)
More items of power.
up to 100 level XPLIST =))) (I have just climbed to 47/36/50 and there is a problem in furhter leveling =)) (I suppose I should try to start a new game and play with a party, but i cannot force myself to do it =))))

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:07 AM

Cool! Good to hear someone else can complete the game.

A couple of answers:

More items in dragons =)))

Add other item mods like Reign of Virture or Exnem.

More items of power.

Exnem Vault mod.

up to 100 level XPLIST =))) (I have just climbed to 47/36/50 and there is a problem in furhter leveling =)) (I suppose I should try to start a new game and play with a party, but i cannot force myself to do it =))))

Game engine limit of level 50. You would probably have to modify the BGMAIN.EXE file to go above that.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Zeracles

Zeracles
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:57 AM

That autumn, when plaguezone.com closed and bgteam.org answered 405 i thought that BG community is dead. Now I am quite happy that it is online again. Great work guys!

#4 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

Well, it was never really down. TeamBG hardly represented the bulk of the modding world. :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods