Photo

Chloe in TOB

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: How many people would be willing to work on a TOB version of Chloe? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

How many people would be willing to work on a TOB version of Chloe?

1. 1 - Yes, I'd help out (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. 2 - Yes, but I have no experience modding (10 votes [43.48%])

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

3. 3 - No, not really interested (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Given that Lucy has neither the time nor inclination to do a TOB version of Chloe and that I've seen posts (such as the "Chloe TOB" thread) from people who'd like to give go ahead and try. I don't see why it cannot be done, and I'm fairly sure Lucy wouldn't be against the idea.
Now, I personally know zip about programming, but there should be people out there who do and would like to try and I'd like to see if 'anyone' is interested.

#2 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:03 AM

Yes, I'd be very interested in helping, actually. I've always loved this Mod, ever since I first came into the Modding Community, and, like others, I've been eagerly waiting for a ToB portion. I have a lot of experience with writing, and I know my way around the coding a little, as I'm working on my own Alcander Romance, but writing and coming with ideas and suggestions is my strongest point. I hope Lucy allows others to work on Chloe. It's a superb Mod and I'd love to see it expanded. ^_^

#3 -UsagiRyu-

-UsagiRyu-

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

Given that Lucy has neither the time nor inclination to do a TOB version of Chloe and that I've seen posts (such as the "Chloe TOB" thread) from people who'd like to give go ahead and try. I don't see why it cannot be done, and I'm fairly sure Lucy wouldn't be against the idea.
Now, I personally know zip about programming, but there should be people out there who do and would like to try and I'd like to see if 'anyone' is interested.

View Post

I enjoyed playing through w/ Chloe. I do not know how to program but I can write. I can even do erotic scenes, especially homoerotic ones. :devil: :wub:

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:38 PM

View Post

I enjoyed playing through w/ Chloe. I do not know how to program but I can write. I can even do erotic scenes, especially homoerotic ones. :devil: :wub:

View Post

Er, I forgot to add, i want to help... sorry!! :blink:

#5 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:43 PM

View Post

View Post

Er, I forgot to add, i want to help... sorry!! :blink:

View Post

Cool! Well I've sent Lucy an email about this and am awaiting her reply.

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:20 AM

I'm eager to hear her reply, actually...

#7 Gangrell

Gangrell
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

I'd be happy to help out too, although I don't have the tools to mod, but the dialogue I'd be more than happy to do.

#8 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

I'd be happy to help out too, although I don't have the tools to mod, but the dialogue I'd be more than happy to do.

View Post

Cool Gangrell. The more hands the merrier I say! :-) . Hopefully we'll hear from Lucy this week, this way we can start to get this puppy started.

#9 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:41 AM

I have no problems with giving this a green light. I don't have much free time but I'll try to stop by wherever you guys do this. There's a Chloe beta forum here that you can use so as to not ruin the "surprise" for others, if you like. Right now I believe it's hidden and private access but either the admins could give access to those working on the project or simply change it to a passworded forum like the translation one for Chloe. I don't know, whatever you guys come up with is fine. As long as I'm in the loop and can provide creative ideas and suggestions, it works for me.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#10 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:05 AM

In that case, count me in. B) :thumb: Do we get access to the Chloe workroom, or do have have to PM the Admins about it ourselves? My apologies, I'm still new on how things work here on FW. I'm rather used to CoM. ^^;

#11 UsagiRyu

UsagiRyu
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

View Post

Cool Gangrell. The more hands the merrier I say! :-) . Hopefully we'll hear from Lucy this week, this way we can start to get this puppy started.

View Post

I regisisterd so if i need to get into a passworded forum.. I'm UsagiRyu The evil rabbit dragon... long story there ;)

#12 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

View Post

View Post

I regisisterd so if i need to get into a passworded forum.. I'm UsagiRyu The evil rabbit dragon... long story there ;)

View Post

Well we've got the go-ahead from Lucy, now the ball is in our court :D . That said, Moongaze, Gangrell, UsagiRyu - we need to start brainstorming. Contact me off-forum, I'm available on YIM, email, AIM and MSN, so we can get ourselves organized and started.

#13 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

Only the admins have the power to either give you access to the workroom forum, or to change it to a passworded one, whichever they decide is easier.

#14 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:15 AM

View Post

View Post

View Post

Well we've got the go-ahead from Lucy, now the ball is in our court :D . That said, Moongaze, Gangrell, UsagiRyu - we need to start brainstorming. Contact me off-forum, I'm available on YIM, email, AIM and MSN, so we can get ourselves organized and started.

View Post

I'm available of all 4 of those as well, but I prefer MSN.. my contact details are in my FW forum profile. Whichever is easiest for you guys.

Edited by Moongaze, 09 April 2005 - 02:15 AM.

#15 adrich81

adrich81
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:35 AM

I'd be more than happy to help out, but I'm pretty clueless on the modding front (though I could probably learn my way around the tools if I needed to)... I more than happy to proofread though.

#16 UsagiRyu

UsagiRyu
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

On Yahoo I"m Killer_Hippie466 , on AIM I'm UsagiRyu and on MSN I'm Killer_Hippie466@yahoo.com. I can use either one... email: Killer_Hippie466@yahoo.com

#17 Gangrell

Gangrell
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

We need to start hiring scriptors before we begin writing, anyone know some that have free time on their hands?

As far as writing goes for the meantime, give me 3-4 days max so I can play through the mod again, it's been about 6 months since I've played it, was waiting for the ToB portion to come out, but I can get some dialogue ready easily. Can someone bring up some old threads that concerned the arguments about Chloe's 'marriage' arrangements, a child and so forth? I remember reading about it a long time ago, but can't remember which thread it's in.

#18 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:43 AM

I agree. We know a lot about Chloe, but we don't know her by heart like Lucy does. Some information would come in handy.

Btw, added UsagiRyu and Slayer to my MSN and YIM, and added Gangrell to MSN alone. If you see a "Lance" or "CuteOmen" adding you, it's me.

Edited by Moongaze, 10 April 2005 - 12:48 AM.

#19 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

The lack of a scripter was the #1 reason why I never got around to the ToB portion. Sheredane barely hung on long enough to let the mod go live (actually, I did the finishing touches on it) and I think there was a bug he fixed after it went live but after that, it was all on me. And once enough time had gone by, I lost my motivation to bother with it, as well as not having the time to bother. I've also only played fully through Throne of Bhaal once and don't have the game installed anymore so playing through a second time wasn't an option. *shrugs* As I said before, I can answer any questions you all have.

What I had originally planned on doing was: Look at the other ToB romances and see how they proceeded to get an idea of what was expected, like what has to be in there for it to proceed realistically... then figure out ways to make it unique and stay true to Chloe's personality. But I never did get to that. The "leg-work" so to speak is one of the more grueling parts of writing a mod. THE most grueling part was testing it... and I think that's what turned me off modding. I played through SoA a good 20-30 times in a span of days, testing every possible party and dialogue combination I could think of. And after that, I couldn't even play the game anymore.

#20 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

I understand. I'm currently alpha-testing my own Romance Mod and it's a real pain in the butt. Hopefully we can make Chloe ToB without too many problems. I've played ToB numerous times, so I can give some insight on that matter. By the way, could you PM the admins to give Slayer299, Gangrell, UsagiRyu and myself access to Chloe's workroom, Lucy?