Buglist

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

The description for SINGER bard kit claims that its bard song grants protection from fear starting from level 11.

It actually protects against Effect: Confusion instead (files SPCL543A.SPL - SPCL543J.SPL).

Also PLANAR DRUID gets 25% Fire Resistance instead of promised 50% (file SPCL379.SPL)

Edited by pro5, 05 December 2006 - 05:31 PM.

#22 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

There seem to be an error when using G3 fixpack v1 and Rot 2.0 together. And RoT is causing it. It makes the scene when Irenicus comes in to torture the main character in the beginning, thus making it impossible to start a new game. All characters are idle, doing nothing. In Gibberlings forum, they said there is something with AR0602.bcs. If someone got a custom fix to this, please tell.

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

There seem to be an error when using G3 fixpack v1 and Rot 2.0 together. And RoT is causing it. It makes the scene when Irenicus comes in to torture the main character in the beginning, thus making it impossible to start a new game. All characters are idle, doing nothing. In Gibberlings forum, they said there is something with AR0602.bcs. If someone got a custom fix to this, please tell.

Please post both your AR0602.bcs and your weidu.log and i'll look at it. It's not RoT with Fixpack because mine works fine.

It takes a village...

#24 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

Im installing it as we speak, iŽll upload the files in a few minutes!

here goes:

Attached File  WeiDU.txt   354bytes   309 downloads

Attached File  AR0602.BCS   9.59K   342 downloads

Edited by Urghhh, 10 January 2007 - 02:08 PM.

#25 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

here goes:

Also, have you tried starting a new game with just the Fixpack and RoT and the RoT update installed? Nevermind, I see it won't start anyway. A couple of questions for you.

1. Do you plan on installing BGT-WeiDU?

2. Is this the AR0602.bcs from your RoT over.bak directory?

Try the attached AR0602.bcs after you rename it of course. :P

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 10 January 2007 - 04:29 PM.

It takes a village...

#26 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:29 AM

here goes:

Also, have you tried starting a new game with just the Fixpack and RoT and the RoT update installed? Nevermind, I see it won't start anyway. A couple of questions for you.

Yes, i tried without fixpack. Worked fine then, and same with fixpack alone too. But together, no no >:

1.If i plan to install BGT-Weidu. Well, I donŽt own Baldurs Gate 1 at the moment. Would it solve the problem somehow ?

2. No, from the Backup/0 directory, found two of those ar0602.bcs, but they were the same size and both in ROT directory.

Oh, another thing. I own Baldurs Gate 2 cd and expansion, but the Bg2 cd broke when a friend borrowed it, so im installing Bg2 on a ripped / copied .iso cdŽs now, can that be the cause you think ?

IŽll try out your .bcs file now, thanks a thousands ;D

edit: It didnŽt work im afraid >;

Edited by Urghhh, 11 January 2007 - 02:37 AM.

#27 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:08 AM

here goes:

Yes, i tried without fixpack. Worked fine then, and same with fixpack alone too. But together, no no >:

1.If i plan to install BGT-Weidu. Well, I donŽt own Baldurs Gate 1 at the moment. Would it solve the problem somehow ?

2. No, from the Backup/0 directory, found two of those ar0602.bcs, but they were the same size and both in ROT directory.

Oh, another thing. I own Baldurs Gate 2 cd and expansion, but the Bg2 cd broke when a friend borrowed it, so im installing Bg2 on a ripped / copied .iso cdŽs now, can that be the cause you think ?

IŽll try out your .bcs file now, thanks a thousands ;D

edit: It didnŽt work im afraid >;

@ Urghhh - Here's your best bet to get this to work for you. Roll your uninstall back to just after you completed your 26498 patch. Then open up the BG2 Fixpack tp2 (It's in the BG2 Fixpack directory, not the SoA directory) with a text editor. Find the section that looks like this:

// remove pause-n-drop exploit to keep imported BG items

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0602.bcs~ ~override~ 

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~HideGUI()~ ~ActionOverride(Player1,MakeUnselectable(2147483647)) HideGUI()~

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())~ ~ActionOverride(Player1,MakeUnselectable(0)) ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())~

COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

and make it look like this:

// remove pause-n-drop exploit to keep imported BG items 

//COPY_EXISTING ~ar0602.bcs~ ~override~

//DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF

//REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~HideGUI()~ ~ActionOverride(Player1,MakeUnselectable(2147483647)) HideGUI()~

//REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())~ ~ActionOverride(Player1,MakeUnselectable(0)) ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())~

//COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

//BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Then re-install and your game should start properly.

Edited by erebusant, 11 January 2007 - 04:10 AM.

It takes a village...

#28 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:15 AM

Thanks alot mate, iŽll try it out and let you know how it goes.

#29 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

Thanks alot mate, iŽll try it out and let you know how it goes.

the problem is explained, and a solution and workaround given, in this thread. if you've already got RoT installed, you need to open AR0602.bcs with a game editor (DLTCEP or NI) and remove "SetGlobal("NewGame","AR0602",1)" from the block added by RoT, such that it looks like this:

IF
	OnCreation()
	Global("EntJar1","AR0602",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ClearAllActions()
		HideGUI()
		StartCutSceneMode()
		StartCutScene("EntJar1")
		SetGlobal("EntJar1","AR0602",1)
		Continue()
END
and then save and recompile yr edited AR0602.bcs. if you haven't yet installed RoT, or are in the process of re-installing, you can find a corrected version of tAR0602.BAF in this thread: download it, put it in yr ROTerror/SNIP/BAF folder (overwriting as necessary), and install RoT.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#30 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

here goes:

The attached BCS works fine in my ToB+RoT installation: I've put it into \override\ and everything is Ok with the new game. I just CAN't see any problem there.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#31 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

Oddly enough, i donŽt have any ar0602.bcs in my bg2/override folder, iŽll haxxor around and see what i can do about it.

Edited by Urghhh, 11 January 2007 - 10:47 AM.

#32 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

Okey, i think i solved the problem now. After installing Rot i copied the ar0602.bcs from the backup/0 directory into the Bg2/Override. And it fired up as it should now. Thou there isnŽt any cutscene from RoTerror >: It doesnŽt matter to me, just as it isnŽt a sign that RoT isnŽt working as intended.

Edited by Urghhh, 11 January 2007 - 11:50 AM.

#33 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

Well I finally got Mega Mod working (thanks azazello), but I just came across another freeze.

When exiting Irenicus's dungeon to Waukeen's Promenade, the RoT scene with Artemis and Jarlaxle gating Bruenor, Cattie-Brie and fatty out finishes then cutscenes, but then a new cutscene of the same room shows with just a guard and nothing happens. Does not continue or anything. Is there a known fix for this one?

#34 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

Well I finally got Mega Mod working (thanks azazello), but I just came across another freeze.

When exiting Irenicus's dungeon to Waukeen's Promenade, the RoT scene with Artemis and Jarlaxle gating Bruenor, Cattie-Brie and fatty out finishes then cutscenes, but then a new cutscene of the same room shows with just a guard and nothing happens. Does not continue or anything. Is there a known fix for this one?

Oh and I have RoT-Update Installed (just read that this supposedly fixed this issue).

I'm trying to reinstall RoT Fix#1 now.

#35 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

im having the exact same problem, i had to used a modified ar602.bsc file, but i doubt this has anything to do with this... does anyone know the .bsc file in which this cutscene takes place? mabe it is just missin some continue() s

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

problem fixed, you just have to do as kingdiamond said on the last page, but i didnt erased them, i added them since they werent there, it works now, but i cant quicksave in waukeens promenade, i can save elsewhere tohugh, so its not a big deal

#37 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

here goes:

The attached BCS works fine in my ToB+RoT installation: I've put it into \override\ and everything is Ok with the new game. I just CAN't see any problem there.

I just ran a new install with the fixes which place the RoT cutscene at the end of the New Game sequence from AR0602.bcs, and everything functions perfectly with the exception that after the cutscene finishes and CI reloads the GUI does not unhide automatically and I need to hit the "H" key to select anything.

It takes a village...

#38 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

Just found this solution in relation to another problem...

FIRST, remove the StartCutScene("cut01") line from entjc3.bcs, as King Diamond described.

NEXT, in TELE0700.bcs, RoT adds this block:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Global("EntJC3","AR0603",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
HideGUI()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("EntJC3")
SetGlobal("EntJC3","AR0603",1)
Continue()
END

Change it to this:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Global("EntJC3","AR0603",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
HideGUI()
SetGlobal("EntJC3","AR0603",1)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("EntJC3")
Continue()
END

Side issue, very minor:
To make the GUI come back automatically, add Unhide() to the last block in TELE0700.bcs:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Range(LastTrigger,25)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SaveGame(0)
MultiPlayerSync()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
TakePartyItem("MISC4E") // Energy Cells
TakePartyItem("MISC4G") // Portal Key
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("cut01")
UnhideGUI()
END

#39 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

I made the block at the end of my AR0602.bcs look like so:
IF
Global("EntJar1","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
  ClearAllActions()
  SetGlobal("EntJar1","AR0602",1)
  HideGUI()
  StartCutSceneMode()
  StartCutScene("EntJar1")
  UnhideGUI()
END
This resolved the gui issue for me.

Edited by erebusant, 07 March 2007 - 08:53 PM.

It takes a village...

#40 -Constantine-

-Constantine-

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

I've been having the same problem (when leaving Irenicus' dungeon, after the cutscene, a second cutscene starts with nothing happening and hangs) and i tried the solution mentioned above, but now the actual ROT cutscene is gone completely. I tried restoring the 2 edited files to what i think they were and it still won't come back, which makes me think I buggered them up some how. If someone could just post their working entjc3.bcs and TELE0700.bcs, that might be all it takes. Oh and also, the StartCutScene("cut01") that I was supposed to delete from entjc3.bcs wasn't there to begin with, don't how significant that is.

Just in case anyone needs it here's my installation list:

BG2FixPack
TS-BP v6.09
CTB v 1.8
SOS v1.11
TDD v1.11
ROT v2.0 + Fix#1
Bag Bonus
Banter Pack
Boards of Magic
Dungeon be gone
Improved Anvil
Item Upgrade
SPItem Pack
Unfinished Business (all components exept 'Minor Dialogue Restorations')
BP v1.77
~SETUP-REDEMPTION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Redemption 1.2.0 requires BG2:ToB:Ascension v1.4.xx
~SETUP-REDEMPTION.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Portrait for Irenicus - for the Ascension/Redemption part only (from the 'Jon with blue flame' poster by Bio)
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3179 // Romance Cheats -> No Racial Requirements for Romance
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #12 // Raise selling values -> Raise to 200%
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #19 // Reduce buying values -> Reduce to 75%
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.5 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal