katanas and firebug

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Will21-

-Will21-

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

After 4 tries, I managed to get the installation right(yay), and now discovered the fireplace in candlekeep is a large flickering rectangle. Is this a game problem or is it because I'm using a laptop with a crappy graphics card(the intel integrageted one on my inspiron 6000)? Also, I seem to recall no Katanas in the original BG game - was it poor planning on my part to go Kensai with 4 High Mastery in that sword at the beginning, or are there strategically added katanas in this mod?

My thanks to the mod makers for keeping BG alive!

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

Cheat in a Katana and try Changing the 3D graphics setings.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

After 4 tries, I managed to get the installation right(yay), and now discovered the fireplace in candlekeep is a large flickering rectangle.  

View Post

i think this fire place anim error was solved with one of the first patches. install the bp-bgt 3.13 patch and your fire should burn nice.

Edited by glx, 03 April 2005 - 11:51 PM.

#4 -will21-

-will21-

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:31 AM

I've reinstalled the ...313 patch and the flickering rectangle still is there instead of a fire. I've fiddled with the 3D animation selections in my config but nothing helps. I noticed that my video card failed the 3D acceleration test as well. Is this related? Do I have to download anything from directx?(I'm not computer clever).

On the katana front, can anyone confirm whether or not I'll find any naturally placed blades in the BG1 part of the game - I feel guilty using CLUA!

Thanks.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

If you feel guilty now, you might want to uninstall everything and wait a few more months til we get more bugs out of these mods. :)

There are no Katanas in BG1 and therefore, none in BGT. However, DSotSC has a few stashed around the game and I think some are for sale as well.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

DSotSC has a few stashed around the game and I think some are for sale as well.

View Post

Don't forget the katana from NTotSC :D You get it when you complete the Citadel quest.

#7 -Guest_AlisAtAn_*-

-Guest_AlisAtAn_*-

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

There ARE katanas in BG1... but they cost like 500-750 (varies by youre anlightment and stuff) and one of the baddies sarevok have with him at the end use a katana +1. i cheated in 2 katana +1 to my lastest char, human Swashbuckler. Worked out great!

AlisAtAn :thumb: