Photo

BP-BGT-SoS-TDD-TS-NEJ bug?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

First of all I thank all those people who created all these mods and made them compatible. I am a big fan of Baldur's Gate series and completed original games several years ago. So now I wanted to replay it - with all possible mods.
And so to my question. I installed BP-BGT-SoS-TDD-TS-NEJ (with patch 313). I did it for three times already. I learned by heart ASCENSION64's, Shadowtech's and hlidskialf's installation guides. I just can't see what I did wrong. This monster mod seemed to be successfully installed. I had to edit bgt_setup.bat (replace "FOR /F "delims=" %%v IN (TEMP$$$$.$$$) DO SET BG1PATH=%%v" line with "SET BG1PATH=C:\baldur") and so I got many messages about invalid switch "/F" but I read in another thread that it was OK. Well, here is the problem. In original Baldur's Gate you couldn't initiate talk with your party members. Now in many mods such as Imoen Romance (I wanted to install it also) it is not only possible but also required to complete it. So I spoke to Imoen in the beginning of BG1 (just for fun - I didn't have mod installed and I know that it is BGII - SoA mod). And she left party ("We're friends and all but I guess I'll just wait 'till you change yer tune"), but after several seconds wanted to join in (called me "little brother" instead of "little sister") but I could only refuse her - otherwise dialog looped. After then I began new game BG-SoA and tried to speak to Jaheira and Minsc - they left party as well. I searched in forums for the answer but failed (I am sorry if this is well-known bug and I just missed some posts). I don't know how serious this bug is but it obviosly won't let me enjoy some great NPC mod - such as Imoen, Kelsey, Chloe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:18 AM

It is a problem with their dialog files. The S&H patch (5, maybe even 4) should has a dialog fix for for this.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:05 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply! But I applied S and H patch v6 as well as NeJ patch v1.4, as ASCENSION64's BP-BGT-NeJ Install Guide says. Do you mean I should try an early version (5 or 4)?
I am not sure if it helps but not all party members leave if I talk to them. For example neither Khalid nor Jaheira don't leave in BG I (only in BG II).

Edited by Elrona, 24 April 2005 - 05:06 AM.

#4 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:34 AM

None of the existing patches for non-WeiDU BGT fixes that.

Only BGT-WeiDU fixes everything and more, but it's still in a testing/debugging stage. So be patient and wait untill it'll be finally released as well as next BP version.

Edited by King Diamond, 25 April 2005 - 12:38 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#5 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:09 AM

Thanks! I just wanted to be sure that I didn't anything wrong. I will wait then.

#6 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

Can I ask how non-WeiDU BGT is supposed to be replaced with WeiDU BGT (when it will be released)? Sorry if I am too persistent, just wanted to now how much BP-BGT-NEJ installation procedure will change.

#7 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:14 AM

Can I ask how non-WeiDU BGT is supposed to be replaced with WeiDU BGT (when it will be released)? Sorry if I am too persistent, just wanted to now how much BP-BGT-NEJ installation procedure will change.

View Post

The installation procedure will change a lot because all the mods will be in WeiDU format. As this work is still in progress we don't know when BGT-WeiDU and BP-WeiDU will be finished. It will be a lot easier to install though, even if you have to install the mods in the right order.

#8 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

It will be a lot easier to install though, even if you have to install the mods in the right order.

That is great news! When I finished my first installation I really thought that the installation of operating system with all necessary drivers and main programs was much easier and quicker (although there is nothing that you can not handle.. especially after several times) :D

#9 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:36 AM

It will be a lot easier to install though, even if you have to install the mods in the right order.

That is great news! When I finished my first installation I really thought that the installation of operating system with all necessary drivers and main programs was much easier and quicker (although there is nothing that you can not handle.. especially after several times) :D

View Post

:D Give me a BP-BGT-NEJ installation any day over installing the OS again. I can't remember how often I installed Windows 98 but something always went wrong. So far I have installed the old version of BP-BGT-NEJ 3 times (lost my installation twice because of disk crashes :() and I never had a problem with it. :touch wood now:

#10 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

I suppose you're right. Windows 98 also took a dislike to me so I just turned to Windows ME.
The installation BP-BGT-NEJ isn't so difficult but there is many detailes you need to pay attention to (such as manually extracting files in different folders, running Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe to update WeiDU version before installation, editing bgt-setup.bat --> removal 76 folders after installation and so on). I even had to write my own installation guide composed of Shadowtech's, ASCENSION64's and marty's install guides and my own notes. :D

#11 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:05 AM

Just one more question. Because there is no need in "force talk party members" ability in BGI I think I can begin to play it right now but I would want to install WeiDU version of BGT when it will be available. So could anyone tell me if saved games from non-WeiDU BP-BGT will be compatible with WeiDU BP-BGT (with the same set of additional mods)?

#12 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:27 AM

Just one more question. Because there is no need in "force talk party members" ability in BGI I think I can begin to play it right now but I would want to install WeiDU version of BGT when it will be available. So could anyone tell me if saved games from non-WeiDU BP-BGT will be compatible with WeiDU BP-BGT (with the same set of additional mods)?

View Post

Unfortunately saved games will not be compatible. Because of the installation procedure changing so much and a lot of bugs being fixed in BGT-WeiDU and the other WeiDU mods it would be very hard to make the saved games compatible.

#13 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:34 AM

Oh, I see. Forbidden fruit is soooo sweet :D But I will wait. Must... wait...
Thanks for the quick reply!

#14 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:52 AM

Oh, I see.  Forbidden fruit is soooo sweet  :D But I will wait. Must... wait...
Thanks for the quick reply!

View Post

You can still play the old non-WeiDU versions and see how far you get before the new WeiDU versions are out. Of course if you really want to be adventurous you can make an all WeiDU installation already and play the game, but you might come across a lot of bugs still.

#15 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

You can still play the old non-WeiDU versions and see how far you get before the new WeiDU versions are out.

To replay all over again when WeiDU versions are released? No, no, I am patient enough to wait for the final release :)