Detectives (f and m) wanted!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

Sounds good, but idk about confronting bodhi, as at that point, you have no idea where she's gone.

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#62 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:05 AM

The Demon Knights of Demogorgon in the Underdark.

You know the altar where you can make a sacrifice? And if you make it, some Demon Knights appear and attack you(it's the place where you get the Soul Reaver and a few other items).? Well, I was thinking..
What if, instead of either slaughtering them or being slaughtered, you could do some business? Perhaps it could be tied into any existing quests(Such as Ust Nastha, Confronting Bodhi or Watcher's Keep) or it could have it's own quest line. . While I could think of multiple quests for such a quest line, I would first like like hear Deathsangel his opinion about the general idea.

If I can script it would be cool. I need to figure out a way the Demon Knights will not appear hostile and force talk immediatly and if the outcome of the 'negotiation' is bad they do go hostile. I am just wandering what would summoned Demon Knights want to bargain for with a mortal? Why bargain is what I wonder. Though I like the idea in general I am thinking of specifics how to make it work within logics.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#63 --Blackmamuth--

--Blackmamuth--

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:03 PM

Offer the white dragon Eggs, In exchange for their help with Slaying the sonofabitch white dragon (Damn blackmailing lizard!!! If you are so stupid to have your eggs stolen, you deserve what happens to you. And I do not take kindly to blackmail).

And after that, the knights could give further rewards for the white dragon carcass (If they survived the fight). Then, kill them for the EXP.

Offer the heart of the demon knights in the altar again, for further insult to demigorgon. Keep the white dragon scales, or miscellaneous item for some evil purposes. (weren-t they needed for the human flesh armor?)

#64 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

Offer the white dragon Eggs, In exchange for their help with Slaying the sonofabitch white dragon (Damn blackmailing lizard!!! If you are so stupid to have your eggs stolen, you deserve what happens to you. And I do not take kindly to blackmail).

And after that, the knights could give further rewards for the white dragon carcass (If they survived the fight). Then, kill them for the EXP.

Offer the heart of the demon knights in the altar again, for further insult to demigorgon. Keep the white dragon scales, or miscellaneous item for some evil purposes. (weren-t they needed for the human flesh armor?)

*Silver dragon, not white. Bit of a difference there.

Also, the item needed for the human flesh armor (of which by that time isnt really needed as you should already have much better armor) was the blood of a silver dragon. Great quest.

I would though like to see some silver dragon armor made from the scales, although seeing as Cromwell is (more then likely) of good alignment, I doubt he'd be willing to do it.

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#65 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:00 AM

Using this topic, as it is quite related... anyone got a clue where I can put a wedding?... And yeah the wedding will be 'disrupted', so it can not go in the lathander temple or Order of the Most Radiant Heart (which is already tied in with something else anyway).
So where is a good place, which allows for a bit of violence, that does not get the entire city on your arse?

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#66 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

'Kill Bill', eh? Nowhere, I'm afraid. All 'empty houses' and 'empty areas' in Athkatla are used by various mods, and a wedding in an empty house is rather suspicious, anyway. :) I know that Bons is introducing a new temple - a temple of Sune - in Surayah, so you might try something similar.

#67 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:07 AM

'Kill Bill', eh? Nowhere, I'm afraid. All 'empty houses' and 'empty areas' in Athkatla are used by various mods, and a wedding in an empty house is rather suspicious, anyway. :) I know that Bons is introducing a new temple - a temple of Sune - in Surayah, so you might try something similar.

Well thanks for your input... I have to say though that I wish to use some of those houses as well... might be a bit conflicting... I just can not keep up with all the mods using new areas.

#68 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:58 AM

Let them wed on the beach, like Pamela Anderson :)

(or in the basement of the Cyric Temple)

Edited by HERD, 24 May 2007 - 07:59 AM.

#69 Brad

Brad
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

Do you need it to be inside the city? Because I would recommend putting it somewhere outside. Maybe over in Umar Hills, (during daylight of course) or just a random spot on the map. You wouldn't have to worry about guards at least.
If I'd known it was harmless, I would of killed it myself.

#70 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

Let them wed on the beach, like Pamela Anderson :)

(or in the basement of the Cyric Temple)

A no... I would rather need Sune in this case that Cyric. This is not a part of Kido... but where is beach?

Do you need it to be inside the city? Because I would recommend putting it somewhere outside. Maybe over in Umar Hills, (during daylight of course) or just a random spot on the map. You wouldn't have to worry about guards at least.

Umar Hills has the problem of having random spawned shadows... A bit strange to have them at a wedding ;)... I am wondering if Trademeet doesn't have some room somewhere... still haven't done much in that direction

#71 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

The temple of Wakeen in the Government District and in Trademeet might be your best bet, then.

#72 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:09 AM

The temple of Wakeen in the Government District and in Trademeet might be your best bet, then.

Temple of Waukeen in the Government district... guess I missed something. On the religious note than, why would anyone want there marriage blessed by Waukeen. She is only about money, isn't she?

#73 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:45 AM

Don't ask me: I don't see why any marriage in FR should be blessed by any of the gods out there: they are a creepy lot, from Ao to Cyric to Corellon to Lathander to Helm to Hanali.

But since people probably marry from time to time in Trademeet, and there is only one temple in the town, I wouldn't say it is a big stretch of the rules to imagine that marriages indeed might take place there.

#74 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:21 AM

Using this topic, as it is quite related... anyone got a clue where I can put a wedding?... And yeah the wedding will be 'disrupted', so it can not go in the lathander temple or Order of the Most Radiant Heart (which is already tied in with something else anyway).
So where is a good place, which allows for a bit of violence, that does not get the entire city on your arse?

There's absolutely no reason you couldn't have the wedding take place at a home, or at a temple of somebody or other, at an inn, or outdoors. I'd recommend against outdoors in the city, though, unless you like the entire city going hostile if a bystander gets killed. If you were going to go the route of the inn, I might take a peek at Amber to see how that mod 'borrows" the prison for a while for inspiration. Hells, if you were going to go that route, you could even take over a temple for a while, reverting it back to it's pre-wedding state when you were done.

Without a comprehensive list, I wouldn't say for certain that every house in Athkatla has something in it. You could always have a look and then make inquiries after you've found a likely candidate or six. Also, for houses where the occupants don't have anything to do with quests or anything, i.e. sleeping figures, you could always get rid of them via script.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#75 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

On the religious note than, why would anyone want there marriage blessed by Waukeen. She is only about money, isn't she?

Yes. Marriages are usually consecrated by Waukeen if the marriage is mainly for economic reasons, such as sealing an alliance between two mercantile families. Off the top of my head, though, here are the only other temples in Athkatla:

Ilmatar (god of suffering, perseverance, endurance)
Oghma (god of knowledge)
Lathander (generic good god, light, creativity, renewal, birth, and so on and so forth)
Helm (god of guardianship)
Talos (god of storms, destruction, chaos, rebellion, etc)

Safest bet might be the temple of Helm in the Bridge District-it's very out-of-the-way, and I don't think any mods have messed with it so far.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#76 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

If you were going to go the route of the inn, I might take a peek at Amber to see how that mod 'borrows" the prison for a while for inspiration. Hells, if you were going to go that route, you could even take over a temple for a while, reverting it back to it's pre-wedding state when you were done.

Without a comprehensive list, I wouldn't say for certain that every house in Athkatla has something in it. You could always have a look and then make inquiries after you've found a likely candidate or six. Also, for houses where the occupants don't have anything to do with quests or anything, i.e. sleeping figures, you could always get rid of them via script.

Borrow sounds good, I know however that getting things rid by script is quite hard without people seeing it happen... but it is a good suggestion thanks

Safest bet might be the temple of Helm in the Bridge District-it's very out-of-the-way, and I don't think any mods have messed with it so far.

Helm in the Bridge District? Don't you mean the temple district where lathander, talos and helm are located?

#77 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

There's a Temple of Helm at the bottom of the Bridge District. There's also two temples of Ilmater, one in the Promenade, and one in the Slums atop the Copper Coronet.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#78 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'll check out the Bridge District than, since Helm would be good patriot... trust me it will make more sense, once you see what I planned.

And Kellen.... it is only one with Kido installed ;)