• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:15 AM

No problem, Sir K. The fact that you keep bothering to answer all these questions still amazes me. As for the answer: I like it. I don't mind being plagued by banters every two minutes, especially if the PC has his say in it (or if they're good :D), but a mixed location/time-based solution would probably work better.

Thanks - always nice to get some encouragement, especially when it indicates that I might be on the right track! :)

As for your new DD post about adaptive banters: they have been done before, but not to such a degree. Heck, even Bio put something similar in, with Anomen, Sarevok, and for a single banter, even Viconia. Still, when this is done in more detail, it's... very promising.

I certainly hope so - I am loathe to give too many details out about the plans, though, in case they aren't as fully realised in the final version as I currently hope they will be.

Coincidentally, I'm putting similar stuff in the NPC I'm coding, if he ever gets finished, anyways.

Excellent - well, best of luck with your mod idea, and be sure to let me know if I can be of any help. :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#22 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

I certainly hope so - I am loathe to give too many details out about the plans, though, in case they aren't as fully realised in the final version as I currently hope they will be.

Hmmm... a certain dislike to give away any spoilers, and ambitious ideas... I'm beginning to see a pattern here... :D

Excellent - well, best of luck with your mod idea, and be sure to let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank, I will. As I said, it might never get finished, though. I'm coding and writing this stuff alone (wouldn't want it any other way, actually). And since we're in a project- and exam-heavy period in school... when I've been coding stuff all day long, I don't really feel like doing some more coding in my spare time (coincidentally, I think this is one of the main reason why many game developers don't develop mods in their spare time, besides the fact they probably don't have too much of it).

Edited by Lord Ernie, 14 June 2005 - 10:20 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#23 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

Has Chrysta discovered the source of that annoying squeak in her right gauntlet?
Yup, Boo had crawled in there to keep warm and she hadn't noticed.

You know Ribald really should stock Hamster repellent. One day I'll tell you about the time that Boo got into my backpack and scarfed all my potions of invunerability. There's nothing scarier than a giant mutant space hamster with a God complex.

Has the RSPCW staged a raid yet?
Nearly... unfortunately the RSPCW attack group leader misread their orders, and they headed over to the local community centre and raided the stage instead.

I can see it now. All those people turning up to see Aunt Marg's portrayal of Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Ernest, and instead having to sit through the RSPCW's interpretive dance recital. WEIDU - The Musical :P

Edited by Jyzabyl, 14 June 2005 - 12:48 PM.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#24 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

I can see it now. All those people turning up to see Aunt Marg's portrayal of Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Ernest, and instead having to sit through the RSPCW's interpretive dance recital. WEIDU - The Musical  :P

Actually, I envision it as more of a WeiDU pantomime:

Alladdin:
Aunt Ma-Tilde: "Global("Oh_yes_it_is","GLOBAL",1)"
The Audience: "!Global("Oh_yes_it_is","GLOBAL",1)"
Aunt Ma-Tilde: "Global("Oh_yes_it_is","GLOBAL",1)"
The Audience: "!Global("Oh_yes_it_is","GLOBAL",1)"

Pocohontas:
Chief Biggum Codeblock: "Um daughter Pocohontas ready to install?"
Pocohontas: "Wise father... why do you say I am ready?"
Chief Biggum Codeblock: "You have Injun tent of your own like me now daughter, yes?"
Pocohontas: "Yes, father, but why does this mean I am ready to install?"
Chief Biggum Codeblock: "Because... now you have um TP2!"
<Audience proceeds to to throw twigs and leaves at the stage in disgust at such an awful pun, until the point where it becomes dangerous for the actors after someone stupidly hurls a (weidu) log at them>

Er... :unsure: ... maybe not, actually...

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#25 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:26 AM

Good to have you back, Sir K! Nice to see you've been able to deal with life's little (and big) problems. Wish your mother well from me :).

As for cheerleading: I bet you can provide your own silly smiley for the job. :)

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#26 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:51 AM

Give me a S - S
Give me an I - I
Give me a R - R
Give me a K - K
What does that spell?

It spells that the cheerleaders are pleased you're back. And you're a good son.

Goooooooo Kalthorine!!!! :clap:

Edited by Jyzabyl, 30 August 2005 - 04:53 AM.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

#27 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

Awww, thanks team! :hug: Feel the lurv... :D

#28 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:54 AM

Oh, Sir K, you are back! That's awsome. 'Tis good to hear that RL is becoming kinder. :)

#29 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:25 AM

Ummm, hello, Couldn't we just have a little diary entry, just a little something to keep the Chrysta junkies happy, just a little fix...a tidbit... a crumb... anything...

#30 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

Ummm, hello, Couldn't we just have a little diary entry, just a little something to keep the Chrysta junkies happy, just a little fix...a tidbit... a crumb... anything...

View Post

Tsk... impatience! ;)

Shame on you Jyzabyl - Sunday is Developer Diary day! And yes, there is an entry due tomorrow. Here is something to nibble on to keep you occupied for now: :cookie:

#31 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

Well what do you expect? One minute the PC is putting a "reassuring arm" around Chrysta's shoulder and the next.....?

#32 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

Well what do you expect? One minute the PC is putting a "reassuring arm" around Chrysta's shoulder and the next.....?

View Post

Ah, the next... will become clearer soon enough, my poor spoiler-starved Chrysta-fan. Fear not, you will never be abandoned again! :hug:

#33 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Okay, it's now Monday...
I've got to know, is the PC just being a nice, concerned guy or is there snogging involved?

#34 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:58 AM

Okay, it's now Monday...
I've got to know, is the PC just being a nice, concerned guy or is there snogging involved?

View Post

Hehe... :coolthumb:

Chrysta Developer Diary has now been updated, but as you have waited so patiently I will also respond to your question as well. There won't be any snogging during the initial meeting (that would be a bit too keen, doncha think? ;) ), but rest assured that if she is romanced successfully then there is a good chance of some serious lip-locking later on... :D

#35 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

Dear Sir K,
I don't know that I could be accused of constructive criticism. I'm more the comic relief, donut dispenser and occasional cheerleader. But I like to think a little humor helps the creative process. :P

(Just don't expect too many cheerleading routines. I mean I'm 37, everytime I pull out the Pom-Poms and Rah-Rah skirt it takes 3 weeks for these old bones to recover!)

#36 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:54 AM

Good to see you're back on track, Sir K, and that progress is being made. As for offering con/de-structive criticism: you can count on me :D.

#37 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:57 AM

Dear Sir K,
I don't know that I could be accused of constructive criticism. I'm more the comic relief, donut dispenser and occasional cheerleader. But I like to think a little humor helps the creative process. :P

Indeed... and I fully subscribe to the great Philosopher Willy Wonka in that regard, as indicated in my signature! :D

(Just don't expect too many cheerleading routines. I mean I'm 37, everytime I pull out the Pom-Poms and Rah-Rah skirt it takes 3 weeks for these old bones to recover!)

Maybe these might help take some of the load then: :)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Note to Lord Ernie: Those are just for you, as I'd hate to let you down by losing my rep for excessive use of smilies! :whistling:

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 19 September 2005 - 06:57 AM.

#38 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:35 AM

Sir K,
A tease is a tease (And I should know :D ), but 2 dummy posts???

Edited by Jyzabyl, 19 September 2005 - 11:36 AM.

#39 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

Sir K,
A tease is a tease (And I should know :D ), but 2 dummy posts???

View Post

'Tis all in a good cause, I swear :)

A thorough explanation: At my behest, SConrad very kindly went trawling through the FWS archives to try and track down the "missing" first two entries of the Developer Diary. And he succeeded! (yay SConrad! :cheers: )

So, in order to incorporate the first two Diary entries in the thread, I first put two dummy posts at the end of the thread, and then copied/pasted each Diary entry so as to move each one down two places in the thread. This left the first two thread posts free so that I could paste the first two Diary entries into their rightful places!

Er... :ermm: ... I really would have been better off trying NOT to explain that, wouldn't I? Hehe... :doh:

But the upshot of all the shenanigans is now that the Developer Diary is once again complete!. Yay! :coolthumb:

#40 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:57 AM

*Jyzabyl slinks off to break out the Poms-Poms and the phone number of a good chiropractor.

Yeah!