final save in NTotSC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bio

Bio
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

Can anybody help?
I've just killed Sarevok after finishing most of the quests in NTotSC but I cannot find the place, where I could make final save, which I would transfer to BG2..
Where can I save it? Are there any conditions/quests I have to fulfill in order to be able to make the final save?

#2 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:02 AM

Are you playing BGT? If you are, you can talk to Belt again after killing Sarevok and you do the TotSC quests afterwards. Once you finished with the TotSC quests you can then talk to Belt again to go to BG II. Search a post of Ascension64 to get Shorter Better Transition because there are less problems with that version.

#3 Bio

Bio
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

Unfortunatelly I don't play BGT. I have just regular BG1+TotSC and I wanted to try NTotSC. Everything worked fine (well, except the guy i Blushing Marmaid, who should tell me about the book location, but he didn't tell me anything so I had to skip this quest).
But now after beating Sarevok I can not finish the game and create final save which I could use later for BG2.
In readme for NToSC I found this but I can not figure out where to go:
"The module includes NOEND patch what means that after final battle of original game you go back to the field and are able to continue adventures."Final-Save" can be available in area "Final Location". You can enter it when finished some most important quests. Most of equipment added with the module is not moveable to BG 2..."

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:29 PM

You are talking about the original NTotSC for BG1, not this version that this forum is for (would have been nice to say so in the first place...). Anyway, yes, the mod allows you to go through the NTotSC parts even after you defeat Sarevok. You have to move to an area (I think it is even on your map) that triggers a closure of the game and saves the final GAM file for you. I didn't need to mess with any of that for this mod so I can't give you any more details. You need to go ask this question over at wherever the forum is that supports that mod. Otherwise, give me some time and I can rebuild a game so I can look at the scripts again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website