Photo

Fall From Grace's script

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

I've been modifying Fall From Grace's script to make her less of a pain, and a more effective character. Her script was a mess but I think I have it working alot better now. Can anyone do some testing for me? I'll post a list here of what was wrong, and what I did to fix it if needed.
Decimal is for the weak

#2 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:28 AM

I've been modifying Fall From Grace's script to make her less of a pain, and a more effective character. Her script was a mess but I think I have it working alot better now. Can anyone do some testing for me? I'll post a list here of what was wrong, and what I did to fix it if needed.

View Post

My PS:T game is buggaed atm, and im in the middle of A levels, so i can't guarantee quick results, but if you can't find anyone else willing to test it I will....it will be a while tho....
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya

#3 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:50 AM

You could always turn off Party AI.

Show the baf, then.

#4 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

You could always turn off Party AI.

Show the baf, then.

View Post

Yes but its really annoying to be losing in combat, and just as your about to die, realise that because you turned off party ai half your chars have just been standing around watching.
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya

#5 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:45 AM

Show the baf, then.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

you want me to post my altered baf, or the original?
Decimal is for the weak

#6 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

I personally never thought that FFG was a pain in combat. It was sort of annoying whenever she would cast her spells in the Civic Festhall or whatever. I agree with the others, it is easy enough to turn off party AI if things get annoying for you. I am the sort that always micromanages every character in combat anyway.

Please show the BAF so that we can all see your changes.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#7 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

I personally never thought that FFG was a pain in combat.  It was sort of annoying whenever she would cast her spells in the Civic Festhall or whatever.  I agree with the others, it is easy enough to turn off party AI if things get annoying for you.  I am the sort that always micromanages every character in combat anyway.

Please show the BAF so that we can all see your changes.

View Post

Here ya go then. Still a work in progress...

IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("PartyScriptsActive","GLOBAL",1)
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
HaveSpell(CLERIC_BLESSING)
HPGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),20)
NotStateCheck(Myself,CGAMESPRITE_STATE_BLESS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(Myself,CLERIC_BLESSING)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
AttackedBy([ENEMY],DEFAULT)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Attack(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),10)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_HEAL)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_HEAL)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),25)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),45)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),65)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),75)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
HPPercentLT([PC],0)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_RAISE_DEAD)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),CLERIC_RAISE_DEAD)
END

IF
InParty(Myself)
Help(Player1)
Range(Player1,6)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Attack(LastAttackerOf(LastHelp))
END
Decimal is for the weak

#8 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

Displacer,

I don't know if this will be useful to you or not, but I made scripts for all the Torment characters based off of some of GBlucher's work.

They can be found at http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/, either select scripts at the top of the page or scroll down to the scripts section.

cirerrek

#9 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:41 AM

I'm almost sure MostDamagedOf(Myself) will not work, and in any case I don't understand the point.

Why not use Myself?

#10 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:19 AM

I'm almost sure MostDamagedOf(Myself) will not work, and in any case I don't understand the point.

Why not use Myself?

View Post

MostDamagedOf(Myself) works fine, All the healing blocks are from the original script, they were backwards though, tried to heal the least injured person first, so I just rearranged them so it heals the worse first. Only other thing I changed was to add the bless spell at the beginning, I did that because I always forgot to cast that spell myself. I understand about turning off party AI, only reason I did some tweaking is I read on a few forums that people who do use the AI complain about how bad her script was, again its a work in progress, haven't put in any ActionListEmpty() lines or such yet, but the script does work as is, and better than it did.
Decimal is for the weak

#11 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

Why not use Myself?

View Post

MostDamagedOf(Myself) works fine, All the healing blocks are from the original script, they were backwards though, tried to heal the least injured person first, so I just rearranged them so it heals the worse first. Only other thing I changed was to add the bless spell at the beginning, I did that because I always forgot to cast that spell myself. I understand about turning off party AI, only reason I did some tweaking is I read on a few forums that people who do use the AI complain about how bad her script was, again its a work in progress, haven't put in any ActionListEmpty() lines or such yet, but the script does work as is, and better than it did.

View Post

That has not been my experience with FFG. I found that she did always heal the most damaged person first, but she always used the wrong spell. She would cast several Cure Light Wounds instead of one Heal, for example. Your script is much improved from the original version, however.

Please keep us updated on your progress with this script, Displacer.

Edited by Rastor, 26 May 2005 - 06:41 PM.

Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#12 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

That has not been my experience with FFG.  I found that she did always heal the most damaged person first, but she always used the wrong spell.  She would cast several Cure Light Wounds instead of one Heal, for example.  Your script is much improved from the original version, however.

View Post

Your right, I guess I didn't pay attention to WHO she was healing, just that she was doing it backwards. Heh, hence the MostDamagedOf.
I guess if you want to see the obvious, you shouldnt be looking right at it...
Decimal is for the weak