Photo

How to create new "Display Special Effect" Icons?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tombstone

Tombstone
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

I wish to create a new 'special effect' icon (and it's cooresponding text, if possible), and I've hit a wall.

I tried extracting STATES.bam from GUIBam.bif using WinBiff, editing it with BAM Workshop, and dropping the edited STATES.bam in the /override folder.

No effect.

Then I tried deleting the STATES.bam from GUIBam.bif (again using WinBiff), and then adding the edited STATES.bam file to GUIBam.bif.

The game returned a critical error and would not start.

So, now I'm fresh out of ideas. Is there a way to do this?
[Insert Signature Here]

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

I do not think you can add additional states (although you can change the icon and associated text, the states list itself is hard-coded).

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:00 PM

add a new icon to states.bam and states2.bam, then add a line to statdesc.2da,where the second line is a string reference.
Ah, and don't add new files to bif, drop the new file in the override instead.

Finally, adding new states creates an unremovable incompatibility with Refinements.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:34 PM

Note that you can only have 256 states.

Finally, adding new states creates an unremovable incompatibility with Refinements.

That could be rephrased as "Refinements has made itself incompatible with any other mods that seeks to add new states".

Visit the IESDP

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

That could be rephrased as "Refinements has made itself incompatible with any other mods that seeks to add new states".

But fo course that is untrue. Being a pioneer in this area, Refinements holds all rights to deny being made incompatible. :D :P
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#6 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:57 AM

But fo course that is untrue. Being a pioneer in this area, Refinements holds all rights to deny being made incompatible. :D :P

View Post

Hmmm... so we have "state assignments within Refinements causing fussy mod confinements", eh? :^^:

Now some aspiring Gilbert & Sullivan-type bard could start a nice operetta with that line... :D

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 25 May 2005 - 12:58 AM.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#7 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:15 AM

Now some aspiring Gilbert & Sullivan-type bard could start a nice operetta with that line...

Something like that, yes. :P
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.