• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

What about these (seemingly) cut parts in the game:

- Where HK47 tries to mess with the navicomputer on the Ebon Hawk, and T3-M4 disables him?

- Where GO-TO corners Remote in the Engine Room and destroys it?
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

Dunno about those... you could try the restoration project forums:
http://magestrix.com/K2End/forums.html

#3 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:10 AM

Yep, I know that project.
I guess I'll browse a little their forums to find some info. ;)
Posted Image

#4 jezzy101

jezzy101
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:44 AM

they are both in the x-box version *woot*! :P

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

What are in the X-Box version? Only the "unbfinshed" parts I mentioned, or their actual ending as well?
Posted Image

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Hmm... I don't think that much more content made it to the "box" version of the game, but actiontrip has the droid factory dl for x-box version... strange if PC version is missing those things in x-box version.

#7 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

Hmm... I don't think that much more content made it to the "box" version of the game, but actiontrip has the droid factory dl for x-box version... strange if PC version is missing those things in x-box version.

View Post

not strange at all...you see, obsidian has made it clear that the pc version is trimmed from the xbox version...all the stuff that didn't make it into the final version were removed from the pc version. the xbox version is the only source of the original material intended for the game and trimmed for the final version. :closedeyes:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#8 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:07 AM

Great. <_<
Posted Image

#9 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:32 AM

not strange at all...you see, obsidian has made it clear that the pc version is trimmed from the xbox version...all the stuff that didn't make it into the final version were removed from the pc version.  the xbox version is the only source of the original material intended for the game and trimmed for the final version. :closedeyes:

View Post

So not only did they they not complete it, they removed the stuff entirely? :( :angry:
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#10 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Well, not entirely, as my first post in this topic suggests - they only cut the non-perfect (partially unfinshed) parts, but forget to remove the entire sub-plots. :)
The result: seemingly unfinished, loose ends everywhere.
Posted Image

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, fortunately the restoration team is trying their best to mod the loose ends. However, I do wish that KotOR III doesn't have these faults. At least not in such a grand scale.

#12 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, fortunately the restoration team is trying their best to mod the loose ends. However, I do wish that KotOR III doesn't have these faults. At least not in such a grand scale.

View Post

yeah...tom, they did indeed remove the actual files from the pc version...

this is why (as i understand the process) all the people working on the restoration project uses the xbox version for source material...but mod on a pc...

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

darn you obsidian!
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#13 thestemmer

thestemmer
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

Wait, hold up--I'm using the PC version, and I did get the conversation between T3 and HK about the navicomputer, the one where HK gets shut down. I have the Hardcore mod installed (incorrectly, maybe--see my other post), but I never heard anything about it restoring those parts. I got a cutscene of GOTO destroying the probe, too, although nothing ever became of it. I thought it was kind of strange at the time. Is it possible that the patch restored these parts?

#14 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

I got that cutscene where G0T0 destroyed the probe when I was playing too, although the probe was still there when I went and saw Bao-Dur...
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#15 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

Wait, hold up--I'm using the PC version, and I did get the conversation between T3 and HK about the navicomputer, the one where HK gets shut down. I have the Hardcore mod installed (incorrectly, maybe--see my other post), but I never heard anything about it restoring those parts. I got a cutscene of GOTO destroying the probe, too, although nothing ever became of it. I thought it was kind of strange at the time. Is it possible that the patch restored these parts?

No, you don't understand - I mean they haven't finished these parts. Both the parts you mention are there in the PC version, but they aren't finished (you never find out what happens between HK-T3M4 or G0T0-Remote). Those are the cut parts I was referring to.
Posted Image

#16 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

No, you don't understand - I mean they haven't finished these parts. Both the parts you mention are there in the PC version, but they aren't finished (you never find out what happens between HK-T3M4 or G0T0-Remote). Those are the cut parts I was referring to.

View Post

I'm pretty sure Aurora is working at this at the restoration project, I seem to remember seeing it in their forums.

I'm not 100% sure though.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#17 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

You're right, but when that project will ever get finished, is another mistery.
Posted Image