Photo

Quests in Chapter 6

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zalos

Zalos
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

Ok i got some problems getting a few quests... anyone who finished the MOD already please share a hand. Gilgamesh dont have to always answer all the questions on this message board!

First: I got the "MISSING SON" quest, i went to the Bridge, talked to the merchant and he told me to go look at the Five Flagons Inn. Well... i looked everywhere IN the inn and also around it. Didn't find anything suspect :( An hint would be cool.

Second: I finished the main story, killed the "bad guys". But now how do i get the other areas? I thought maybe i had to go to the Spirit Soaring again but i cant acess Brynnlaw... Or is there someone in Mirabur(sp?)?

Third: The quest for the Eye of a God that i've heard about... well i just cant find the NPC who give it.

Fourth: Did i miss some artifact items or is that normal that i dont even have enough pieces to assemble even ONE artifact with the new smith in Arlax?

Fifth: How could you get Jarlaxle and Entreri? Need to have a main evil character?

Sixth: The armor of Entreri is supposed to be useable by THIEFS but Regis cant wear it... why?

To end this well... i hate Salvatore :P He didn't even put a SINGLE spellcaster in his Companions of the Hall and so if i want to take them all i dont have a healer lol :P

Edited by Zalos, 02 June 2005 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:43 AM

No problem. I come here about once a day when time permits and I usually have enough time to answer some questions. ;)

1. There is a courtesan, I donŽt recall her name. She may be there only at nights.

2. If you have been to Icewind Dale and finished the main story, a man should approach you in Athkatla (doesnŽt matter where you are). IŽm not sure but you may also need about 3,5 million XP for you main character. Well, anyway, the man will speak with Drizzt and invite you all to the quest in Spirit Soaring.

3. Pip Grayfoot will give it. HeŽs in Arlax. When you give him the Rock of the Glowing Star for forging, heŽll move to work on his own (not anymore with Brundor) and when you talk with him you can ask about any special gems that are not on the book. HeŽll give you the guest for the Eye of a God.

4. Hmm...That is not normal. Many of the items could be found from Icewind Dale and at least you should have all the pieces of the Ancient Sword which were given in the city of the Gragha (the Holy Ones). Well, youŽll get more pieces from Spirit Soaring and Eye of a God - quest.

5. Yes. And youŽll have to kill Drizzt and his companions. That all takes place in the final battle.

6. EntreriŽs armor is a little bit special. ;)

#3 Zalos

Zalos
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

Well for the pieces of the ancient sword... i just miss half of the diamond. Got the other half and the two pieces of the swords :( Did i miss it??

And about Icewind Dale... i dont have this area on my map... how do i trigger it? Didn't even get there.

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

You missed the diamond.

To get to Icewind Dale just go to the gates of Athkatla. A man will approach you.

#5 Zalos

Zalos
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :) Can continue my way through your mod :) :) :)

Edited by Zalos, 03 June 2005 - 05:37 PM.

#6 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

Btw, just for you to know, I always presumed people would go to Icewind Dale first and then finish the main story. I donŽt know if itŽll trigger anymore. At least the dialogs have been written on the belief that Entreri and Jarlaxle are still alive.

Anyway, if the quest doesnŽt trigger, thereŽs an ingame fix for that as this is a big feature that shouldnŽt be missed by anyone. See 'Quest list' for more information.

#7 Zalos

Zalos
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Well you had to go to the City Gates to get the quest before going to Entreri and Jarlaxle. Problem is we dont have a clue we need to go there(the city gates).

#8 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, well, I just thought people would pass by that area after getting back from Underdark. Well, now you all know what to do. ;)
Maybe IŽll fix this in some future patch by making some addition to the main story that makes you to go to the Gates before going to Maribur.