Patching KOTOR 2: swkotor2.exe file

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -thestemmer-

-thestemmer-

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Since I'm not sure if technical questions are appreciated on this forum, I'd like to apologize in advance if I bother anybody. But because I've had positive experiences with the Forgotten Wars community before and I'm not getting much response from the Lucasarts or Obsidian forums, I thought it might be best to ask you guys for help.

I'm using a two-disk international English version of KOTOR 2--apparently legitimate, as I have been "assured" by the company's kindly Ebay representative. Problem is, it seems to have the No-CD patch preinstalled, and don't know how to revert swkotor2.exe back to how it was originally. That means I can't patch the game--I'm getting the "old files not found" error message. To make matters worse, it seems that all of the game content is stored on two huge .bin files (to save space, I suppose) that I can't browse through to retrieve the original file--if it even exists. I've eve tried using a program (Cueator3) to generate a .cue file for it and mount it as a CD image, but it only causes My Computer to crash.

Somehow I need to get my hands on the original swkotor2.exe file. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if sending files is allowed on these forums, but if somebody were to drop me an anonymous email, I don't think I'd be in a position to complain. It's for a good cause...I'd have no reason to make up this elaborate story if I weren't really desperate to play the game. :( Thanks guys.

#2 thestemmer

thestemmer
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

D'oh.  Wasn't signed in.  Anyway, that's me up there, and it should be possible to send me an email through my profile.  I'll send one back to you with my address.  Then you can give me as many viruses as you want.   :)

Edited by thestemmer, 10 June 2005 - 10:16 PM.

#3 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:43 PM

If the no cd patch came pre-installed, and the patch is not recognizing the swkotor2.exe file, then it is most likely NOT a legal valid copy of the game. Try to get your money back from the people you've bought this from. Contact Obsidian support to replace any defective cd roms.

Asking anyone here in this forum for a copy of swkotor2.exe file opens up the site and its administrators to legal issues. Please don't do that.

Edited by Userunfriendly, 10 June 2005 - 10:46 PM.

They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#4 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:12 PM

Yes I'm afraid you have been ripped off, which is a real shame but it is a risk you take in private sales.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#5 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

Yes I'm afraid you have been ripped off, which is a real shame but it is a risk you take in private sales.

View Post

most likely. sorry thestemmer.
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#6 thestemmer

thestemmer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, I figured I might have gotten ripped off.  I appreciate everyone being so understanding, though.  I knew I might be bending the rules when I posted, so thanks for not chewing me out.