BP s_and_h Patch v7 available

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:06 AM

version 7 of the s_and_h patch is now available from my site.

this version has the same status as 26499 patch for BGII - ie, it's only recommended if yr having problems with the previous version (in this case, the s_and_h v6). it's an undocumented patch - it's one i'd thought i'd uploaded six months ago, in response to the various typos and erros in the v6.

it's the one i'm using on my own install, if that's any comfort, but note that i'm currently assembling a v8 (and trying to work out why large bits of both v6 and v7 - notably anything involving a DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF/ REPLACE_TEXTUALLY/ COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS routine; virtually all of these seem to be failing - don't seem to be installing).

with these caveats in mind, it *does* fix some recurring problems that ppl are still reporting, so IF you've been having problems with the v6, install the v7. IF NOT, i'd recommend waiting for the v8 - it's likely to be both more stable and fix more bugs.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||