Bugs in dialogs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:33 AM

Hello,

I'm playing to BP with the patch N°3 of Seanas and I'm analysing BP with .DLG files and NI. At this time, I used "weidu --transitive NAMEOFTHEFILE.DLG", but for some dialogs i's impossible and so NI is the only way. Around 7500 strings /9000 are analysed and I notice some mistakes.

At first, on TS, I post here a message I've already posted in Black Wyrm's forums.
I think there is a mistake in one dialog : a banter between Valygar and Imoen. Look at this :

IF WEIGHT #31 ~Global("VP_BValygar1","LOCALS",2)
Global("VP_Banter_Switch","LOCALS",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 325 // from:
  SAY #90200 /* ~I look at you and at <CHARNAME> and I cannot stop wondering. You are so similar and yet so different... Both flamboyant, both capable of what few man could hope to accomplish, both so spirited...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("VP_Banter_Switch","LOCALS",0)
SetGlobal("VP_BValygar1","LOCALS",3)
~ EXTERN ~BIMOEN2~ 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BIMOEN2 2 // from: BAERIE:412.0 BAERIE:412.0 BAERIE:412.0
  SAY #99409 /* ~And both are absolutely gorgeous goddesses! And, Valygar, you are leaving out the most interesting part. Which one of us you like the better?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 309
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 326 // from:
  SAY #90201 /* ~This question, my gorgeous goddess, is one I will answer only with my advocate present.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~BIMOEN2~ 3
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BIMOEN2 3 // from: BEDWIN:17.0 BEDWIN:17.0 BEDWIN:17.0 BEDWIN:17.0 BEDWIN:17.0 BEDWIN:17.0
  SAY #99410 /* ~(*laughs*) You do not have to answer. But I am not just gorgeous I am also generous. I will tell you something you will probably be interested in hearing. The lights were bad in Spellhold, but I think I spotted <CHARNAME> blush when she mumbled: "Valygar, the ranger, my new trusted friend..."~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 310
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 327 // from:
  SAY #90202 /* ~Is that true? Did she blush?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~BIMOEN2~ 4
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BIMOEN2 4 // from: BEDWIN:18.0 BEDWIN:18.0 BEDWIN:18.0 BEDWIN:18.0 BEDWIN:18.0 BEDWIN:18.0
  SAY #99411 /* ~Nope, I just made it up. I wanted to check my theory. I think you got a thing for her...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 311
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 328 // from:
  SAY #90203 /* ~Then you know more of the matter than I do.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~BIMOEN2~ 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BIMOEN2 5 // from: BEDWIN:19.0 BEDWIN:19.0 BEDWIN:19.0 BEDWIN:19.0 BEDWIN:19.0 BEDWIN:19.0
  SAY #99412 /* ~Oh, really? How exciting, I know something, which has not happened yet...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

But 309, 310 and 311 are some strings in lovetalks between Valygar and the PC :

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 309 // from: 307.2
  SAY #90186 /* ~No, I did not mean it like that. You are a wonderfully beautiful and intelligent woman... Any man would loose his head from your slightest smile. And you deserve the most beautiful and precious things in life, you deserve boundless adoration and love... and stability... And what am I?  A rough woodsman, a man on the run, a fugitive from the law... The Cowled Wizards will never forgive me slaying one of their own... I will never be able to live anywhere openly in Amn. I have nothing worthy to throw to your feet. How can I even dare to ask for your attention?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #90666 /* ~Hmm, Valygar...~ */ GOTO 310
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 310 // from: 312.0 309.0
  SAY #90187 /* ~(*Valygar takes hold of your hand and kisses it. He shakes his head negatively and walks away before you can say anything*)~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 311 // from: 307.3
  SAY #90188 /* ~My true feelings? Do you really want to know how I feel? A rough woodsman, a man on the run, a fugitive from the law... The Cowled Wizards would never forgive me slaying one of their... I will never be able to live anywhere openly in Amn. I have nothing worthy to throw to your feet. How can I even dare to ask for your attention? (*Valygar storms away*)~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

I'm not sure but I think this banter should be (Valygar in green) :

@90200 = ~I look at you and at <CHARNAME> and I cannot stop wondering. You are so similar and yet so different... Both flamboyant, both capable of what few man could hope to accomplish, both so spirited...~
@99409 = ~And both are absolutely gorgeous goddesses! And, Valygar, you are leaving out the most interesting part. Which one of us you like the better?~
@90201 = ~This question, my gorgeous goddess, is one I will answer only with my advocate present.~
@99410 = ~(*laughs*) You do not have to answer. But I am not just gorgeous I am also generous. I will tell you something you will probably be interested in hearing. The lights were bad in Spellhold, but I think I spotted <CHARNAME> blush when she mumbled: "Valygar, the ranger, my new trusted friend..."~
@90202 = ~Is that true? Did she blush?~
@99411 = ~Nope, I just made it up. I wanted to check my theory. I think you got a thing for her...~
@90203 = ~Then you know more of the matter than I do.~
@99412 = ~Oh, really? How exciting, I know something, which has not happened yet...~ (END)

Edited by Graoumf, 15 July 2005 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

IT'S OK IN SOS-WEIDU !!!!*****************************************

I also noticed some problems in IMOEN2J.DLG (let's use NI around string N°47 / 60 to see what I mean).

Both SoS and TS use this file and, if it's ok for strings of TS, the strings of SoS aren't well linked.

Normally, dialogs are :

Légend :
Imoen
PC

-----------------1st dial----------------------

@95108 = ~<CHARNAME>, this is most exciting! We're about to start out on an adventure that is like when we first left Candlekeep. Remember?~

3 answers of the PC :
@95122 = ~Yeah, I remember. I kicked you out of my party cause I didn't want to listen to you talk. Now, quiet down.~
@95123 = ~Yes, I remember. How could I forget? ~
@95124 = ~Imoen, you must be dreaming stuff again. I wasn't there.~

* If we choose @95122, we have :
@95122 = ~Yeah, I remember. I kicked you out of my party cause I didn't want to listen to you talk. Now, quiet down.~
@95109 = ~Well, little <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>, no need for you to get your pantaloons in a bunch. I was just thinking about how good it was when we set out on our first adventure together.~
@95110 = ~Let's get going, and maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

* If we choose @95123, we have :
@95123 = ~Yes, I remember. How could I forget? ~
@95111 = ~I didn't mean that you would have forgotten, <CHARNAME>. It's just sometimes nice to remember those good times, before all this mess started.~
@95112 = ~Catching up to you that crisp spring morning a few years ago outside Candlekeep was exciting. We didn't have any worries; no one told us when to go to bed or go study, and we did what we wanted, not what we were told.~

..............2 answers of the PC :
..............@95125 = ~Yeah, I guess that was pretty great.~
..............@95126 = ~I still feel as if I'm doing what I'm told to do.~

..............** If we choose @95125, we have :
..............@95125 = ~Yeah, I guess that was pretty great.~
..............@95113 = ~Exciting, too. Let's go! Maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

...............** If we choose @95126, we have :
...............@95126 = ~I still feel as if I'm doing what I'm told to do.~
...............@95114 = ~Yes, me too. You're always telling me to do stuff, little <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>. Go here, look there, open that. It'll
...............never end for me.~
...............@95115 = ~Come on. Maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

* If we choose @95124, we have :
@95124 = ~Imoen, you must be dreaming stuff again. I wasn't there.~
@95116 = ~Yes you were, <CHARNAME>. Remember? Now, stop joking around, and let's go. Maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

-----------------2nd dial----------------------

@95117 = ~Whoa! <CHARNAME>, can we really be on the town council? I don't think that we have the time to commit to ruling a town. ~

4 answers of the PC :
@95127 = ~Imoen, think about it. We can sit back, tend to Soubar's affairs now, and rule with the good of the people in mind.~
@95128 = ~Imoen, think about it. We can sit back, tend to Soubar's affairs now, and rule the town however we see fit.~
@95129 = ~Imoen, think about it. Even if we can't be in Soubar, we can still come back to take care of the town's affairs.~
@95130 = ~Imoen, think about it. This is a great opportunity. We can become political masters here, perhaps even one day ruling a great city or nation.~

* If we choose @95127, we have :
@95127 = ~Imoen, think about it. We can sit back, tend to Soubar's affairs now, and rule with the good of the people in mind.~
@95118 = ~That sounds nice. You always did think of others first.~ (END)

* If we choose @95128, we have :
@95128 = ~Imoen, think about it. We can sit back, tend to Soubar's affairs now, and rule the town however we see fit.~
@95119 = ~<CHARNAME>, I think you should be more concerned about the people. You need to govern the town how they want and need it governed.~ (END)

* If we choose @95129, we have :
@95129 = ~Imoen, think about it. Even if we can't be in Soubar, we can still come back to take care of the town's affairs.~
@95120 = ~Well, I suppose that that wouldn't hurt. As long as we govern the town properly, there wouldn't be much need for us to get involved in every little thing about it.~ (END)

* If we choose @95130, we have :
@95130 = ~Imoen, think about it. This is a great opportunity. We can become political masters here, perhaps even one day ruling a great city or nation.~
@95121 = ~Wow! Do you think so, little <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>? Wouldn't that be great? You and I ruling Cormyr or Waterdeep? That would make us more influential than anyone I know.~ (END)

------------------------------------------------------------------

But if you look with NI, you can see that some strings seems linked with some Ts' strings. For example, in 1st dial, if we choose to answer @95122, NI lins this strings with @101725...

I don't know if IMOEN2J.DLG is well done 'cause I can't open it, but maybe there is some conflicts between TS and SoS since they use tise same DLG file.

[More bugs to come... about CHARLOTJ.DLG for example]

Edited by Graoumf, 22 July 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:15 AM

that is some sterling translation work yr doing there, Graoumf.

i can confirm that you are correct about IMOEN2J.DLG: TS as part of BP does indeed modify the SoS-created banters. in my install,

@95108 [IMOEN2J]~<CHARNAME>, this is most exciting...~, links to
@95122 [IMOEN2J]~Yeah, I remember...~
@95123 [IMOEN2J]~Yes, I remember..~ or
@95124 [IMOEN2J]~Imoen, you must be dreaming..~

@95122 [IMOEN2J] transitions to @101725 [IMOEN2J], @101892 [SIMEJ] then @101726 [IMOEN2J], giving three choices:
@101727 [IMOEN2J], @101730 [IMOEN2J], @101893 [SIMEJ] (END)
@101728 [IMOEN2J], @101731 [IMOEN2J], @101894 [SIMEJ] (END)
@101729 [IMOEN2J], @101732 [IMOEN2J], @101894 [SIMEJ] (END)

@95123 [IMOEN2J] transitions to @95111 [IMOEN2J], @101731 [IMOEN2J] then @101894 [SIMEJ] (END)

@95124 [IMOEN2J] transitions to @95116 [IMOEN2J] (END).

with @95117 [IMOEN2J}~Whoa! <CHARNAME>, can we really be...~
the only change is with response 4, @95130[IMOEN2J]~Imoen, think about it. This is a great opportunity...~ which now reads:
@95130 [IMOEN2J], trans to @95116 [IMOEN2J]~Yes you were, <CHARNAME>. Remember? Now, stop joking around, and let's go. Maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

of these dialogues, only the last one - the transition from @95117 to @95116 - looks like a bug; the divergences in the dialogue that starts at @95108 look like they are new (and deliberate) Sime interjections.

as for CHARLOTJ.DLG - i fear what you will find there. it has always struck me as a complete mess, but i have never had nalia during SoS to test (most of the erroneous dialogue looks like part of the extensive charlotte-nalia banter) and i'm trying to resist learning how to code dialogue...

in fact, if someone wanted to perform a useful service (well, useful to me, anyway... horred could probably locate the error just be viewing the files) they could take nalia and charlotte thru SoS at see what happens: nalia *should* get a makeover, but i've never bothered to find out if it works.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:02 AM

with @95117 [IMOEN2J}~Whoa! <CHARNAME>, can we really be...~
the only change is with response 4, @95130[IMOEN2J]~Imoen, think about it. This is a great opportunity...~  which now reads:
@95130 [IMOEN2J], trans to @95116 [IMOEN2J]~Yes you were, <CHARNAME>. Remember? Now, stop joking around, and let's go. Maybe we can get to Soubar in a few days.~ (END)

of these dialogues, only the last one - the transition from @95117 to @95116 - looks like a bug; the divergences in the dialogue that starts at @95108 look like they are new (and deliberate) Sime interjections.

Hum... but Sime is added by TS and this dialogs are about the change of mayor in Soubar (and so SoS). Unless Horred adapted this banter, I'm very sceptic.

Besides, let's have a look on this dialog of TS (extract from SIMEJ.DLG and IMOEN2J.DLG) :

Legend :
Imoen
Sime
PC

@101723 = ~Awww... So sweet. Nope, of course he does not! And it is cool to see big <PRO_BROTHERSISTER> is blushing.~
@101724 = ~Imoen! Have the decency to look away!~
@101725 = ~(*Giggles*) What! And miss all the hot stuff? No way in Nine Hells! I have spent too long watching a crack on my ceiling as entertainment!~
@101892 = ~Imoen, a certain degree of shyness becomes a maiden.~
@101726 = ~And who's to say I am a maiden? Hey, I am almost as old as <CHARNAME> is, and I did not have Gorion on my back, so once I...~

3 answers of the PC:
@101727 = ~(*Close your ears with your palms*)... LA-LA-LA! I am not listening! LA-LA-LA!~
@101728 = ~Go on, Imoen, I am extremely interested to know which old stuffy mage or dusty librarian you graced with your favors.~
@101729 = ~IMOEN!~

* If we choose @101727, we have :
@101727 = ~(*Close your ears with your palms*)... LA-LA-LA! I am not listening! LA-LA-LA!~
@101730 = ~(*Laughs and makes faces*)~
@101893 = ~Imoen, let us make a deal: I will listen to your story tonight, and we will leave <CHARNAME> out of it.~ (END)

* If we choose tyo answer @101728, we have:
@101728 = ~Go on, Imoen, I am extremely interested to know which old stuffy mage or dusty librarian you graced with your favors.~
@101731 = ~(*Pouts*) 'Twas no stuffy mage! 'Twas that awesome looking traveler who came through Candlekeep on that stormy night... It was a pitch-black. The thunder was shuttering the skies, the moon was showing her face from behind the clouds specifically to make the world even scarier, and the wind was blowing with the force unknown before.~
@101894 = ~Imoen, I believe you. But let us make a deal: I will listen to your story tonight, and we will leave <CHARNAME> out of it, he seems to be turning greenish for some reason. You know how men are...~ (END)

* If we choose @101729, we have :
@101729 = ~IMOEN!~
@101732 = ~(*Pouts*) Imoen! I know I am Imoen. You NEVER give me a chance to tell ANYTHING! ~

And then @101894 (END)

---------------------------------------------------------

as for CHARLOTJ.DLG - i fear what you will find there. it has always struck me as a complete mess, but i have never had nalia during SoS to test (most of the erroneous dialogue looks like part of the extensive charlotte-nalia banter) and i'm trying to resist learning how to code dialogue...

in fact, if someone wanted to perform a useful service (well, useful to me, anyway... horred could probably locate the error just be viewing the files) they could take nalia and charlotte thru SoS at see what happens: nalia *should* get a makeover, but i've never bothered to find out if it works.

View Post

Yes, mistakes are about the banters between Charlotte and Nalia : it's a totally mess !^^ The only thing I can do is to give the "correct" banters, well actually the banters like I'll put them...

Edited by Graoumf, 17 July 2005 - 03:11 AM.

#5 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

IT'S OK IN SOS-WEIDU !!!!*****************************************

Just a little one in VALYGARJ.DLG for SoS
In NI, we've got at 158/161 :

@97213 = ~Present company excluded, <CHARNAME>, but I am sure that could have been one of the funniest things that I have ever encountered.~
@97214 = ~Not all thieves are evil, but sometimes, for the good of keeping our own morals in check, thieves like Selence need to watch over the indiscretions of our respected leaders. ~
@97215 = ~I don't know what the magistrate would have done if she had discovered her husband's secret, but I know well enough what I would have done. ~

and then this dialog of Valygar seems linked with :
@102012 = ~Valygar presses his right palm to his heart and bows, smiling: "You are very kind, My Lady".~
Which is a part of a lovetalk between Valygar and The PC in ToB (TS).

I think @97215 would be linked with the last string (161/161) of VALYGARJ.DLG) :
@97216 = ~Enough of this, let us all go and continue our adventures.~ (END)

Edited by Graoumf, 22 July 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#6 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

IT'S OK IN TS-WEIDU !!!!******************************************

Another bug in YOSHIMOA.DLG, for TS so.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: YOSHJ:219.0
  SAY #88764 /* ~I have a contract for your soul. You cannot live your miserable life with this burden anymore.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~YOSHJ~ 221
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN YOSHJ 221 // from:
  SAY #98677 /* ~Irenicus is my sworn enemy. I am eager to fight him.~ */
  IF ~True()
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 53
  IF ~InParty("Dynaheir")
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 60
  IF ~InParty("Valygar")
Gender(Player1,FEMALE)
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 59
  IF ~InParty("Coran")
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 58
  IF ~InParty("Sime")
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 57
  IF ~InParty("Kachiko")
~ THEN EXTERN ~PLAYER1~ 56
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN PLAYER1 56 // from:
  SAY #90886 /* ~Kachiko. A warrior from a distant land, she insisted to join you to be close to Yoshimo whom she hated. She stayed with you through thick and thin to be close to Yoshimo she loved...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #90897 /* ~Kachiko... You had fought valiantly by my side, but if you wish to go back to your life now, I would understand...~ */ EXTERN ~KACHIJ~ 37
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #90898 /* ~Irenicus is a terrible creature, Kachiko. Please, let me know that you are prepared to face such a challenge.~ */ EXTERN ~KACHIJ~ 38
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #90899 /* ~Behind these doors is death... May be it awaits Irenicus, may be it awaits all of us... You have seen death closer than I. Would you go through this door?~ */ EXTERN ~KACHIJ~ 39
END

I've only posted the Kachiko's answer.

@88764 is the end of a dial between Hsiang (a balor which must kill Yoshimo in Spellhold) and Yoshimo :
@98675 = ~You have no rights! The deal is closed.~
@88764 = ~I have a contract for your soul. You cannot live your miserable life with this burden anymore.~ (END)

And @98677 is a dial between the PC and Yoshimo in chapter 7 :
@90885 = ~Yoshimo... the man whom you helped to rescue his family from a bitter vendetta and to find his true love. Yet he is also a man who was once hired by Irenicus to facilitate your demise.~

3 answers for the PJ :
@90894 = ~Yoshimo... Your life just started anew. If you do not want to face Irenicus again, you do not have to. ~
@90895 = ~Listen, Yoshimo. I trust you and everything, but I need to hear that you are on my side in the upcoming battle.~
@90896 = ~Irenicus is a mighty foe, Yoshimo. I do not know if all of us shall survive this battle. I would understand if you do not want to come with me.~

* If we choose @90894 - @90896, we have :
@90894 = ~Yoshimo... Your life just started anew. If you do not want to face Irenicus again, you do not have to. ~
@98677 = ~Irenicus is my sworn enemy. I am eager to fight him.~
@58109 = ~There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits.~ (END)

* If we choose @90895, we have :
@90895 = ~Listen, Yoshimo. I trust you and everything, but I need to hear that you are on my side in the upcoming battle.~
@98678 = ~I side with the one, whose wise council brought Kachiko back to life and granted my family eternal peace. Do not fear, <CHARNAME> my blade will not backstab you.~

And then @58109 (END)

-------------------------------------

In TS v602, the dial between Hsiang and Yoshimo is this one :
@88763 = ~Yoshimo, I came for you... for your black heart... for your soul.~
@98676 = ~You won't get anything from me! I won't give up!~
@88765 = ~I have no choice but to force you to give me your heart and your soul.~
@98675 = ~You have no rights! The deal is closed.~
@88764 = ~I have a contract for your soul. You cannot live your miserable life with this burden anymore.~ (END)

Edited by Graoumf, 22 July 2005 - 02:11 PM.

#7 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:23 AM

i'll take a look at these tonight graoumf - looks like i'm going to have to learn how to code dialogue after all...

i'm willing to accept that the replies in IMOEN2J are wrong - they looked 'right enough', so i wasn't too worried :P . (right enough, in that those dialogues aren't the greatest, anyway, and they've got incorrect triggers so they stuff up dialogue options in the imoen romance - and hey, anything that stuffs up the immy romance puts me in a bad mood :angry2: )

Edited by seanas, 17 July 2005 - 03:24 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#8 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

I don't know if it's worth to fix them since Horred works on BP170. Maybe it's interesting to help fixing some bugs in SoS-weidu ; most bugs of TS (except the first one) are fixed in TSv602.

#9 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

I don't know if it's worth to fix them since Horred works on BP170. Maybe it's interesting to help fixing some bugs in SoS-weidu ; most bugs of TS (except the first one) are fixed in TSv602.

View Post

I think that would be the best way, to track them down to the source--esp SoS-Weidu, which is already under revision (all the fixes from BP, hopefully). If you can post me the revised files somewhere, I will gladly add them to the next SoS version.

There are only a small handful of dialogs left in BP now. Most of those are in the BP Ascension component.

If there are any TS-related bugs in dialogs, as well (due to the weidu setup)--Vlad gave me permission, a while back, to work with the TS-weidu bugs (as his time is occupied with NeJ currently). Even if for some reason he has changed his mind since, we could still include them as a BP component.

#10 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

View Post

I think that would be the best way, to track them down to the source--esp SoS-Weidu, which is already under revision (all the fixes from BP, hopefully). If you can post me the revised files somewhere, I will gladly add them to the next SoS version.

Well, I would like to say ok, but I'm not a modder ; for example, for the transformation of Epic Endeavours, I only tested the changes Isaya made.
Here, I don't know how to correct these bugs (I mean which program I must use to do this) ; in one year, I learn to use NI to read DLG files when it wasn't possible to have .D by a weidu's extraction, but that's all :( .

All I can do for your team is to point out bugs I noticed, with as many details as possible (and some saves sometimes), but to correct them...
What you do - you, your team and all the modders - is beyond me. Even if I post rarely on forums (only when I find bugs in fact), I have a lot of respect for what you do, guys.

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

View Post

Well, I would like to say ok, but I'm not a modder ; for example, for the transformation of Epic Endeavours, I only tested the changes Isaya made.
Here, I don't know how to correct these bugs (I mean which program I must use to do this) ; in one year, I learn to use NI to read DLG files when it wasn't possible to have .D by a weidu's extraction, but that's all :( .

All I can do for your team is to point out bugs I noticed, with as many details as possible (and some saves sometimes), but to correct them...
What you do - you, your team and all the modders - is beyond me. Even if I post rarely on forums (only when I find bugs in fact), I have a lot of respect for what you do, guys.

View Post

Thanks for the kind words. Well, the team is growing...we just acquired another sciptor, and I haven't checked the "classifieds" yet nor my e-mail. :coolthumb:
I'm sure somebody can get around to it, once I get around to handing them some files. ;) If not, I will. I might keep my v103 releases of TDD and SoS -weidu private for now, and work out the bugs for a public v110 (or whatever number) release. I have a guy checking out the sole combination of TS (my new v3 biffer version) and BP. So, we should be quite capable of tracking down any remaining issues in the TSv602-weidu release.

#12 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:47 AM

Ok. That's better I think indeed.
I have some DLG files to check again, particularly CHARLOTTEJ.DLG and NALIAJ.DLG - I would have finished in a few days I guess. After one year testing BP, I will be able to uninstall the mod ! Ouf !

Edited by Graoumf, 22 July 2005 - 01:40 PM.

#13 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

I have checked the banters between Nalia and Charlotte in .D files of SoS-weidu and except one mistake (I think), it seems everything is ok :) .
The mistake is about these three lines :
~Yeah, but I've seen bugbears bigger than he was!~ (Nalia's speaking)
~Oh my Gond! Nalia! Your aunty would just *die* if she heard you say that!~ (Charlotte's speaking)
~Oh my Gond! Nalia, you're terrible!~ (Charlotte's speaking)

In aNaliaJ.D, the first sentence is linked to the second :

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SOS175
  SAY ~Yeah, but I've seen bugbears bigger than he was!~
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~CHARLOTJ~ 132
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 132 // from: NALIAJ:349.0 NALIAJ:348.0 NALIAJ:347.0 NALIAJ:345.0 NALIAJ:342.0
  SAY ~Oh my Gond!  Nalia!  Your aunty would just *die* if she heard you say that!~
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~NALIAJ~ SOS183
END

But I think it should be linked to the third one :

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 131 // from:
  SAY ~Oh my Gond!  Nalia, you're terrible!~
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~NALIAJ~ SOS176
END

Then, the dialog of this banter would be :

Legend :
Charlotte
Nalia
Jaheira

@87992 = ~Nalia, did you see that commoner in the tavern last night? That guy Norman in the multi-colored pants? He *was* totally checking you out!~
@98356 = ~I know, Charl. He was cute!~
@87993 = ~You should have talked to him. Bet he didn't even have the plague.~
@98357 = ~Yeah, but I've seen bugbears bigger than he was!~
@87994 = ~Oh my Gond! Nalia, you're terrible!~
@98358 = ~What? I'm only being serious, Charlotte. He was smaller than a kobold!~

................If the PC is male and Jaheira in the party, we have :
................@96695 = ~Girlfriend, you haven't seen small until you've seen <CHARNAME>.~
................@96696 = ~Talk about being smaller than a kobold! Try imp!~
................@98359 = ~I'm real glad he didn't try to bother me then, Jaheira.~
................@98360 = ~Even Lord Roenell is probably better with his Magic Missile than <CHARNAME>.~
GOTO CHARLOTJ 132

................If the PC is female and Jaheira in the party, we have :

................@96697 = ~Girlfriend, you haven't seen small until you've seen my late husband, Khalid.~
................@96696 = ~Talk about being smaller than a kobold! Try imp!~
................@98361 = ~I didn't know him, Jaheira, but I can't imagine that it was good if it's true what you say. ~
................@98362 = ~Even Lord Roenell is probably better with his Magic Missile than Khalid.~
GOTO CHARLOTJ 132

................If Jaheira isn't in the party, we have :
................@98363 = ~Even Lord Roenell is probably better with his Magic Missile than that guy in the tavern.~ GOTO CHARLOTJ 132

@87995 = ~Oh my Gond! Nalia! Your aunty would just *die* if she heard you say that!~
@98364 = ~(giggles) She would, wouldn't she?~
@87996 = ~Oh, and did you see that serving wench? What a farmer's tool!~

[...]

#14 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:13 PM

So except the first post (for TS) and the last one (for SoS), I think there is no other mistake in dialogs.

#15 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:13 AM

Graoumf, thank you very much for translating the mod and reporting the bugs in dialogues. Could you please consolidate these posts (all problems you found) in your thread on my forum boards at BWL?

#16 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Vlad. :D
Well in fact, all the bugs I noticed in dialogs for TS-v602 are already posted in BW : there is one ! :D Of course, I only checked dialogs from BP (and then saw in TS v602 if each mistake was fixed or not), but I intend to check dialogs from TS v602 in the very near future, but for the moment I have many things to do :
- beta test of the new version of a mod.
- coordination of the french translation of Chloe, 'cause Lucy is waiting since one year to this translation ! And incidentally, I give her my best regards for her trust and her patience. I don't like this kind of situation - especially because she's waiting for a translation to update her mod -, so my aim is to make this translation for the end of the summer.
- an analysis of Unfinished Business' dialogs and a test in game of the french translation.

After that, I will probably return towards BP-WeiDU, and so TS v602.

#17 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

I'm checking Ascension and Tactics tra files (with D files) for the translation of BPv177 tra files, and I think there's a little mistake in Tactics. Let's have a look :

[...]

// cute little trick: we'll use a CHAIN to ourselves!
CHAIN2 RITPONT say_betray
@66 = @67
END RITPONT main_quest

CHAIN2 RITPONT say_reward
@76 = @77 = @78
END RITPONT main_quest

CHAIN2 RITPONT say_whoare
@86 = @87 = @88 = @88 = @89
END RITPONT main_quest

[...]

Please Weimer, if you see this post, don't update your mod :( because I'm proofreading the french translation and making an update (minor corrections + adaptation for female PC). I will finish this week I guess.

#18 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:36 AM

More questions about the tra files of BPv176.
I have seen that some tra files are empty when I opened its with Notepad. Is it normal ?

It concerns BIMOEN25.tra - BSAREV25.tra - GROMNIR.tra - ILLASERA.tra - immyfix.tra - ppguy01.tra - rDRSHNL1.tra - rPLAYER1.tra - ShoutFix.tra - YAGA01.tra

#19 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:59 AM

Setup.tra in BPv177

While we're translating setup.tra, we noticed some possible forgotten item's description in this file. We work with this tra file only, and not NI. Let's have a look :

1: @42 = ~Edventar's Gift~
-> no description. Sean said about it :

it's from Joluv, one of the Bonus Merchants (who sells IWD stuff in the Copper Coronet). the item name is BORING.itm; however it doesn't look like it's been implemented properly. that said, Joluv the bonus merchant is broken in my install, so i don't know if this is a BP install issue or a local issue for my install

2: @48 = ~Rat Bite~
-> no description. Is it a spell ? A special attack (without description so) ? If there is a description, maybe the string @49 will be its place : @49 = ~<No Text>~

3: @56 = ~Gloves~
-> no description, even if the description of @57 (Gloves of the Priestly Ranger) is in @58.

4: @63 = ~Throwing Dagger +1~
-> no description

5: @64 = ~graz'zt~
-> No description. Is it the name of a monster ?

6: @65 = ~Throwing Dagger +2~
-> no description

7: @66 = ~Hammer~
-> no description

8: @76 = ~ This ornate helmet is forged from silver reinforced with iron. It offers complete protection of the face and head. Eye slits and breathing holes are a welcome addition.~
-> which item does this string refer to ? Because @75 seem to refer to @77...

9: @100 = ~Adrenaline Rush~
-> no description. Is it a spell ?

10: @120
-> this is the description of an halberd, but there is no string in the setup like this : ~Halberd~

11: @128 and @129
-> these descriptions aren't link to ~Dagger~ or something else

12: @133 = ~Cures~

13: @156 = ~Celestial Fire~

14: @387
-> I suppose it's the description of @386 = ~Skull-headed Club~, but this description is for a basic club...

Edited by Graoumf, 16 June 2007 - 06:19 AM.

#20 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:12 AM

5: @64 = ~graz'zt~
-> No description. Is it the name of a monster ?

9: @100 = ~Adrenaline Rush~

just off the top of my head (cos i'm not in a position to check at the moment), i can say that these two are orphans that shouldn't be there, and can be removed (and i'll cut them from BPv178: thanks for the find).