Photo

The return of the Witch

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

I post here about a mod idea I started to devellop in the french modding community: the return of Dynaheir.

First, the scenario:

Irenicus killed Dyna (well, actually we think so). But we will discover the truth: as the PC is a Bhaalspawn, Dynaheir is a spawn of Oghma. Irenicus decided not to kill her to study her, the same way he studied the PC and Imoen. So Irenicus didn't killed her, but he doesn't care since he believes she's dead, buried in the building.
But Dynaheir's divine essence preserved her from death, and she had to escape the ruined dungeon by herself, which was a great shock for her (she just discovered she is a divine being, remember?^^)
But this shock wa sso terrible to her that she lost memory of who she is, where she is from, etc... This mean she doesn't know she is a Rashmen Hathran, and she doesn't know she can use magic.
Priest of Ilmater found her and bring her to the temple of Ilmater in Athkatla. There she stay until the PC comes. The PC will be given the choice to help her or not. If he decides not to help her, Minsc leaves the party (if he's in^^).
To help, the PC need to find something to bring memory back to Dyna: her diary.
The diary have been taken by the Shadow Thieves in the dungeon (not by the vampire, Bodhi doesn't care about that stuff...). To get it, the Thieves will ask for a simple mission: stealinf a blade in one of Athktla's noble house. The PC can have the blade by fighting, discussing or paying.
Back to the shadow thieves, the demand a little extra gold with the blade to give the diary back.
Once the party get the diary, the PC will have to show it to Dynaheir. Reading it, the witch will rise (nice movie title^^), she will say the word "Oghma" and leave the building.
The PC will find her in Oghma's temple. There will be a little discussion between Dynaheir and Oghma's priest: Dynaheir has been put in a magical coma by Oghma himself to protect her from Irenicus' ewperiment.
Afterwards, she will be able to join the party.

Modification of the BG1 character:
-18 intelligence instead of 17 (to compete with Edwin): the magical coma strenghten the link between her and the God of knowledge).
-new cure spell (added to her original "slow poison"): she is a hathran, and hatran are witches but also healers (not as godd as priest of course). She will have a few cure spell as innate ability.

Dialogue:
-Fight to death with Edwin
-Teacher with Nalia and A廨ie
-Philosophical dialogues with other god's children (PC and Immy). But Immy doesn't like these kind of boring dialogues, so I think I can do something funny.
-Annoyed by Jan
-Loathe Korgan
-Friend with Keldorn, same ideals
-Amused by Anomen's impatience
-Admire Cernd's wisdom
-Little competion with Jaheira to determine who has the more power on the PC
-Tense relationship with Valygar at the beginning, but it will grow better.
-Haer-Dalis=??

Has for mod NPC, I only know Tashia and Kelsey. She will go along well with Tashia: both are calm, intelligent ladies. With Kelsey, she will be a little teacher-like (like with Aerie and Nalia). But she will be more impressed of Kelsey, whose magic is natural.

And the particular interest of her journal: a little fanfic I'll try to write about her, her family, her childhood, etc...

So, what do you think?

Thanks
French translator with Les D'Oghmatiques

#2 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

why would minsc leave?

Also, why's she have to be a godspawn, it's kind of overused.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#3 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

Minsc will leave with Dynaheir because they are bond together, by tradition, but alos by a strong friendship and mutual respect (BG1).

Anf, concerning the godspawn, I admit that it's used for Immiy and Sarevok and also Chloe if I remember; but it's the only explanation I found for giving Dynaheir a 18 in intelligence. Without it, she won't be a good alternative to Edwin. And having her as a godspawn will also explain how she survived the ruining of Irenicus' Dongeon...

#4 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Sorry, I misread that and thought you said Minsc would leave if she joined the party.

@godspawn: people will use her if she's an interesting character with a good story, if she's slightly weaker than Edwin it doesn't matter. That said, int. doesn't make that big a difference anyway, and if you feel she needs 18 int, the other npc's from bg1 have raised stats anyway.
Futurama quotes rock

#5 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Sorry, I misread that and thought you said Minsc would leave if she joined the party.

@godspawn: people will use her if she's an interesting character with a good story, if she's slightly weaker than Edwin it doesn't matter. That said, int. doesn't make that big a difference anyway, and if you feel she needs 18 int, the other npc's from bg1 have raised stats anyway.
Futurama quotes rock

#6 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L入

• 451 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

why'd u post twice? whatever... i personally think this mod sounds great imo, though the godspawn is a little overused... but, i still would get this mod if it ever came out... :D

#7 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:36 PM

I think the idea is interesting, but also agree the Ilmater spawn seems a bit too much. If you just needed a way to have Dynaheir survive Irenicus-it seems to me that Irenicus could have only pretended to kill her to torture Minsc.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#8 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:47 AM

Ilmater spawn

Oghma's spawn ^^

Actually, Minsc says he saw Irenicus' experiment on Dynaheir's dead body. But I think I can find something to explain it.

Bonus: amy favorite dialog (with Korgan):

K:Watcha looking at, zombi ?
D:I am looking at your awful grin.
K:Not my fault: I always have an ugly face when I'm starving!
D-sighs-:If our fortune was as large as your stomach, we could buy Waterdeep itself...
K:Stop whining, big-breasted Elminster, and create me pork ribs and an ale barrel!

#9 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L入

• 451 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

hehe

#10 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

By the way, here is the portrait I intend to use for Dynaheir.
I have found anyone better, since all the portrait of black girl I find are drows :glare:

EDIT: just a little precision... Dynaheir won't be a romanceable character.

Attached Images

• dyna1.jpg

Edited by Garfield, 19 July 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#11 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

Irenicuis has a large collection of clonin tanks. He could have used those to create replicas for torture purposes.

#12 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

By the way, here is the portrait I intend to use for Dynaheir.
I have found anyone better, since all the portrait of black girl I find are drows  :glare:

I like the portrait, it has the look of haughtiness that I've always associated with Dyanheir. As the to the skin colour, I'm sure one of the artists here could alter it a bit.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#13 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L入

• 451 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

Irenicuis has a large collection of clonin tanks.  He could have used those to create replicas for torture purposes.

View Post

minsc? or dynaheir?

#14 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

He would torture Minscby way of killing a Dynaheir clone.

#15 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L入

• 451 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

hmmmm, maybe it wasn't a clone but a doppleganger. like fredennan irenicus is quite touched in the head, he'd be sure to have some around his chateau.

#16 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L入

• 451 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

hmmmm, maybe it wasn't a clone but a doppleganger. like fredennan, irenicus is quite touched in the head, he'd be sure to have some around his chateau.

#17 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:56 AM

This mod is a pretty good idea, excluding more god-spawn. It is definetly one of the more over-used ideas. 17 Int. wouldn't matter but boost it to 18. As was said, other BG NPCs got boosts. After all her travelling she's bound to have learned more. And clones or dopplegangers are very acceptable, Irenicus already has both so it;s only a minor alteration. Memory loss before hand is interesting, commonly used but if it is just for the quest to get her to join that seems fine. And I assume the talks about the dead Dynaheir and that will be blocked if the mod is installed, Minsc doesn't need two witches. As for her escape, she's a witch, with the collpase of the building she may have been able to teleport herself to freedom, it's always possible. Or she escaped in the Shadow Thief confusion like Immy and the PC. Anyway, keep up the good work.

SK

Current Mods in the Works: The Mazzy Romance Mod

#18 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:42 AM

I liked the Tankards and Tempers solution - making her a vampire. A score with Bodhi and all.

At least it's better then anothe god-spawn...
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#19 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:33 AM

Thanks, now I have more ideas about what to do whith Dynaheir.
I keep on working on the scenario, because I am presently coding for another mod.
But I will go back to Dynaheir as soon I find a really good scenario. ^^

#20 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

K:Watcha looking at, zombi ?
D:I am looking at your awful grin.
K:Not my fault: I always have an ugly face when I'm starving!
D-sighs-:If our fortune was as large as your stomach, we could buy Waterdeep itself...
K:Stop whining, big-breasted Elminster, and create me pork ribs and an ale barrel!

*Giggles* I guess, after I have spent months stylizing Dynaheir's speech for her romance, I want everyone else who wants to write for her to do the same. <_<

Dynaheir has a very specific speech pattern in BG1, utilizing Old English and reverse constructions etc. This sample is not like it.

Korgan's speech and personality also does not correspond well to the one in the game. He is *very* difficult character to write: his sentences are complex, very smart if rude, with unusual vocabulary and again, a useage of er... 'dwarven' English. He is not a primitive fellow that most of the mod authors seems to think he is. I suggest that you browse both Dynaheir's and every other character's file before writing it.