help BP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 --ragnar--

--ragnar--

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

Hey i´ve just installed big picture and it run well and all, but when i tryed to speak to SoS npc´s the game crashes and tells me to insert baldurs gate disc 1. Does anyone have a clue as to what´s happening???????

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

did you do a "complete" or "full" install of the game? it sounds like something is missing from your install

ronin

#3 --ragnar--

--ragnar--

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

Full install. I´m starting to think that maybe its because i downloaded the newest version, and not the original one, so there´s a chance the new one doesnt work with Big picture(since the new one doesnt need the patch, I could be wrong), and the instructions for the automatic install of BP state that you need both SoS and its patch. I´ll try and download it and see how it goes. Still if anyone knows something i do not, as i´m sure there is, any help is appreciated

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:25 AM

Sounds like to me that you're missing the default sound files. That's why you get the crash when you talk to somebody, their initial "sounds" can't be found and hence the crash. Did you delete anything from your sound folder?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:12 AM

how did you install BP? with the newer weidu's or the old way using Yazzies (sp?) installation guide.

ronin