Comments

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

I was in the farm district since I received that quest. Hole in ground doesn't activate to a newer underground level which I didn't see up or down icons for (and I recognize the area :D)

So went on to the next quest in the "Mysterious Cave". Hard again - no clues on the map. I just stumbled across stairs leading down.

Maybe on the maps these areas can be flagged so we know where to go? Might make our lives easier doing quests. :D

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

Sorry! ;) Actually when I was making the mod the Area Editor which I used to create new areas for the mod (OK, in most cases borrow from other games, I couldnīt waste my whole life on the mod ;)) crashed every time I tried to add something on the map. A new area editor did fix that problem but as I donīt really use maps myself I forgot to add the map icons. So unfortunately thereīs no help at the moment. Feel free to come here and ask me for help though if you get stuck.

About the farm quest...You are refering to the one you get from Arlax, I presume. If that is the case, you didnīt read the dialogs carefully. It is said that you must follow the road and enter another area.

Also cheking out the journal should help. Every quest gets marked there.

P.S. Iīm thinking of writing a small walkthrough. As soon as I find the time.

#3 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

Also cheking out the journal should help. Every quest gets marked there.
P.S. Iīm thinking of writing a small walkthrough. As soon as I find the time.

Thanks - just have to be more perceptive but am so eager to explore and do all the quests. :D

If I wasn't so lazy I'd start at the last page of the forum and work my way forward - I'm sure I'll find that you've already answered most of player's questions.

Liked what I saw so far of Bruenor - you had a great voice actor and the cutscene scripting was excellent, also Regis is true to life as well. Can't wait to meet up with Artemis and Jarlaxle.

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:40 AM

I was lucky to get the best voice actor of the community to voice act for Bruenor, "notmrt". ;) He hasnīt been around for a long time though.

#5 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:24 AM

OMG - these battles ain't easy - you're really making me work. Just found the cave where that creature is. Thank goodness you didn't throw in basilisks as well!

As for Notmrt - he really is unique. His hedgehog song ni another mod is priceless!

#6 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, one of my goals was to provide challenge even for characters as powerful as Drizzt and his companions. Just wait till you get to the additional Chapter 6 quests. ;)

#7 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:10 PM

Speaking of notmrt, I loved his writing for the smithy cutscenes with Brundor and Pip! And no, it's not just because I voiced Pip. :P Honestly, all I did was voice sporadic lines for those cutscenes, I had no idea what the rest of the dialogue would be. I was amazed at notmrt's writing; he made Brundor and Pip very real and believable, not to mention entertaining. :)

Edited by TheWizard, 19 August 2005 - 02:33 AM.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#8 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:20 AM

Groan....

Am now doing the area with the Castle and the thieves. Gilgamesh, you're a cruel, cruel man. So many surprises for the unwary adventurer. :Bow:

#9 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

:bi:

P.S. notmrt rocks.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 19 August 2005 - 06:00 AM.

#10 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

Player comments, especially since I've read the RA Salvatore books. :D

Some of the Companions of the Hall are now in Ust Natha: Drizzt, Wulfgar, Bruenor.

Upon entering Ust Natha, or when being transformed by Adalon, Drizzt should have a comment about entering a drow city, such as Viconia, does. Also, all drow cities have bounties on his head.

Also, Bruenor has no love for drow, especially after they raided Mithrill Hall. He should have some sort of comment before being transformed into one.

Wulfgar, espeically after what happened to him because of Lolth's priestess. He's ripe for comments as well.

#11 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, I know. :( I did have ideas but just no energy left to do anything. I was literally ready to smash my computer into pieces and start a new life without electricity in some cabin in the wilderness...

Well, maybe Iīll add some dialogs along the road here if I find a little bit of new motivation somewhere.

#12 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:03 AM

This mod just gets better and better.

Can see the enormous amount of work put in. You had to prevent Jarlaxle's Ust Natha quest from starting as well as the party's encounter with Bioware's Drizzt & Co.

We're off now to rescue Catti-Bri!

#13 -Isina-

-Isina-

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

Ah, sorry for using your thread, Diana, but I have a question as well...

Where do you find the cure for Delly in Icewind Dale? I'm kinda lazy and too tired to search for it anymore. I've looked everywhere except in that placeyou have to do the bed-riddles for. I riddles :wall:

#14 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

Itīs in the first floor, upper-left section, if I remember correctly. Thereīs somekind of a device which can be used to revive her.

#15 --Isina--

--Isina--

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

Yay, thank you!