Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

I've got a question: I've done all the westchar quests killed the mage and all (he was so goddamn hard! I liked it :) ). But i can't find a way in the house that is closed in the southern area of westchar and i can't find the cave for the "Revenge on behalf of hands mission" Has any1 an idea how to finish these missions?

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:34 PM

The closed house is releated to the main story. You´ll get in there later.

Yeah, that cave can be a bit tricky to find. Let me draw you a little map:

OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOXOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

It´s pretty near that 'X'. It´s on the side of some big boulders (can´t really remember if they were rocks or boulders or what). There are also trees around the entrance.

#3 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

Thnx . I've also got a new question (i'm sorry , no really, I am, I'm such a noob). I finished the whole talavan castle quest. I got the nice castle from mister talavan and he gave me a key that states I can enter Talavan's treasure room with it. -But where is Talavan's treasure room?- I looked everywhere, found one locked door on the outside of Talavan's castle but it still won't open( if thats the right door).

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:49 AM

It´s downstairs. ;) Just take the stairs down from the main level and find a treasure chest.

#5 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

Ah thnx i found it. Good mod btw it crashes less then normal BG2 missions for me :)

#6 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

Ok I got a new question for you. I just freed Bruenor from the city of ghagha. After that Drizzt started talking about Brynnlaw about how I should go there to continue the story. But Brynnlaw isn't on my worldmap. Is this a bug or is Brynnlaw a person and not a town?

#7 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:09 PM

Brynnlaw is the place you go in search of Imoen (original SoA). Remember that the original story is still running with the mod. ;)

Edited by Gilgamesh, 22 August 2005 - 01:10 PM.

#8 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

Ahhhhh sorry I forgot.

#9 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

I was just wondering : Can I leave wulfgar behind? Or do I need him for the main mission and/or side quests?

#10 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:47 AM

You can leave Wulfgar behind. The only thing you´ll miss would be the quest in Icewind Dale where you have to rescue his missing wife. You can do the quest without Wulfgar but then it´s just killing monsters for nothing but their treasures.

Well, you can always get Wulfgar back for Icewind Dale.

#11 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

Ah ok, Uhm me and my friend are playing multiplayer RoT right now but we can't enter the Arena, I go there and he just crashes. Is RoT multiplayer supported? Has anyone tested this?

#12 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:37 AM

Multi-player has never been tested but there should be no reason why it shouldn´t work. You´ll just have to make sure you have exactly the same kind of installations of the game and the mod on your computers.

I had never considered the possibility of a multi-player game at the Arena. Even if your friend has a fighter character he won´t be able to compete if he is not the main character.

#13 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

Multiplayer is working for us so I guess the mod is alright with it. I got one last question for you (the last one I swear :) ) When you first install RoT it asks you if you want to install RoT and it asks you if you want to install ToB. What does this mean? Is the mod compatible with ToB if I install this part?

#14 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:59 AM

The closed house is releated to the main story. You´ll get in there later.

I'm assuming then we'll be given further guidance as to where to go next? I've finished the Ultima quest and was wondering where to go next.

#15 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

Uhm, where are you? Have you already rescued regis? There's a person in Arlax sewers who gives you this quest. After that quest there's a person in Umar Hills who gives you the next quest. He's standing near the cave.

#16 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

Multiplayer is working for us so I guess the mod is alright with it. I got one last question for you (the last one I swear :) ) When you first install RoT it asks you if you want to install RoT and it asks you if you want to install ToB. What does this mean? Is the mod compatible with ToB if I install this part?

View Post

Hmm...It didn´t ask that from me. I have no idea what it means but one thing is certain, the mod is not compatible with ToB.

#17 Wiskas

Wiskas

SeeD battle mage

• 123 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

The 'ToB' option is for people already have ToB installed and either can't or don't want to uninstall it (like my version of BGII - it installed SoA and Tob together). It backups your bgmain.exe and replaces it with SoA version of bgmain.exe. But I haven't tested it so I don't know whether it causes any bugs.
Stars are out.. the magic is back

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Sephiroth

#18 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

Went to the Umar Hills, Met the drow Alora. got the key to the house in Westchar. Opened the door but it keeps saying we don't have sufficient strength. Mind you, we are still in Chapter 2 so maybe we need to be in Chapter 6 when we get 'Slayer' abilities?

Just finished the Umar Hills and since I did some 'unauthorized' add-ons I don't know if this comes from RoT or not. I had to CLUAConsole myself to AR1402 (shadow dragon's lair). The light gem or the complete Amunator symbol both disappear from inventory after the final barricade is breached. I could not access the steps leading down into the Shadow Dragon's lair though I had had the complete Amunator symbol and the light gem in inventory.

Edited by Diana, 28 August 2005 - 12:25 PM.

#19 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Wow, I had no memory of adding a condition of strength to that entrance. Anyway, I checked the script and the condition was:
XPGT(Player1,1249999)
This means you´ll need 1245000XP for your main character to be able to advance.

This second thing should have nothing to do with RoT as I changed nothing considering that quest.

#20 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:32 PM

This second thing should have nothing to do with RoT as I changed nothing considering that quest.

Since I also tried to load "Krondor" as I beta test him as well it could be coming from a conflict from RoT and "Krondor". "Krondor" crashes if I try to take him out of the Umar Hills as his quest is related to the Shade Lord and Shadow Dragon. So even if I don't have him in party it could be affecting the RoT Umar Hill quest