Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

Just finished the Umar Hills and since I did some 'unauthorized' add-ons I don't know if this comes from RoT or not.  I had to CLUAConsole myself to AR1402 (shadow dragon's lair).  The light gem or the complete Amunator symbol both disappear from inventory after the final barricade is breached. I could not access the steps leading down into the Shadow Dragon's lair though I had had the complete Amunator symbol and the light gem in inventory.

View Post

Oddly enough, this happened to me as well. I had to CLUA in the light gem and completed Amaunator symbol again, then I could get passed the final door. I had nothing else installed except RoT. Diana, as you progress, it will be interesting to see if you discover any of the little quirks that I did, such as this one before the Shadow Dragon lair. We shall see. :)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#22 -damas-

-damas-

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:57 AM

The 'ToB' option is for people already have ToB installed and either can't or don't want to uninstall it (like my version of BGII - it installed SoA and Tob together). It backups your bgmain.exe and replaces it with SoA version of bgmain.exe. But I haven't tested it so I don't know whether it causes any bugs.

View Post

Ah ok thnx. But look, what if I finished RoT and then wanted to play ToB? I would have to uninstall RoT but then I would lose all my items from RoT :/ . Does any1 know of a way to uninstall RoT after you've finished it, but still keep your items?

#23 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:32 PM

Oddly enough, this happened to me as well. I had to CLUA in the light gem and completed Amaunator symbol again, then I could get passed the final door. I had nothing else installed except RoT. Diana, as you progress, it will be interesting to see if you discover any of the little quirks that I did, such as this one before the Shadow Dragon lair. We shall see.

I'm beginning to think this is something that is already in SOA. Remember we had all the fixpacks for SOA? The official patch, Baldurdash for SOA? Sorceror's Place?

I downloaded the official Bioware SOA patch - so far RoT doesn't have a problem with it. I downloaded the SOA portion only of Baldurdash's Fixpack, again no problem with RoT. I didn't try Sorceror's Place as I am not familiar with their fixes so didn't know which to look for.

RoT works with some of the WEIDU mods - I can use Ease of Use for multiple stacking of items - arrows, bolts, bullets. I can wear magical rings and armor. I've also installed Weimer's Item Upgrade but have yet to visit Cromwell. I've also installed Unfinished Business so I have to see how that works. I've tried to load Solafein and Valen and got some sort of error but it says they're installed. We have to see if they work. I've seen some evidence of Sim's QuestPak at work and I"m trying a scaled down version of Hubelpot w/o TOB to see fi I can get him in party w/o problem on this pass. I've used the Banter Pack portions for SOA only and they seem to work.

But I can report -- cannot use the G3FixPack because I think it fixes BOTH SOA & TOB though I loaded it after the RoT installer and the RoT readme says the mod is for SOA only. I still crashed when starting a new game.

Edited by Diana, 30 August 2005 - 02:35 PM.

#24 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:23 AM

Damn, damn, damn!

In the second level of the mysterious cave trying to rescue Catti-brie. Talked to the shadows round the fire trying to locate the one who has the 'Shadow's Mark'. Everyone clicked on says 'Die' and the fights begin, even if I keep reloading the game and trying them in sequence.

Tried to get the item via cheating with ShadowKeeper. Mod doesn't recognize it. Sigh.....

F R U S T R A T I O N!

#25 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

Says 'die'? They are not supposed to do that. This is how it was designed to play out:

1. You talk to the nearest shadow and he tells you need to figure out who has the mark.
2. You start talking to them and everytime you uncover a new liar the game counts up one variable which handles this.
3. Once you have uncovered that all of them are liars you can return to the shadow who gave you this 'quest' and say something like "You have it, ye stinky bastard!".
4. He gives you the mark and you may proceed.

If one doesnīt want to start figuring out the right ways to question the shadows one can always just talk to everyone about everything and that should eventually count up the variable numbers.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 10 September 2005 - 10:52 AM.

#26 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

And btw, it is 'highly' recommended to go to Icewind Dale before finishing the main story as is stated in "Quest list" - topic. Have you already been there?

#27 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:55 AM

Just cheked the dialogs of those shadows. Incorrect answer is indeed punished with death. ;)

#28 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Nope - didn't do Icewind Dale yet....got frustrated with your tricky shadows and went back to Athkatla to finish off Bodhi. Gonna visit Icewind Dale next.

I repeat what I said before. You are a cruel, cruel modder!

(And I'm loving every minute of it)

#29 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:42 AM

:( That was not my original intent (to be a cruel modder). I guess no-one who enters the world of IE modding is quite the same anymore...

#30 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:14 AM

:( That was not my original intent (to be a cruel modder). I guess no-one who enters the world of IE modding is quite the same anymore...

View Post

Hey! That was a compliment. I haven't been this challenged since I first played BG1. With all the various creatures, sneaky traps and all...... you keep the player on his/her toes!

#31 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

Well, one of my goals was to provide challenge even for these powerful characters. When I still played computer games I disliked the way the mods and games were going. You know, you start at level 1 and end up somewhere around 12-13.
I didnīt like killing goblins with some puny Dagger +1. I wanted to send a dragon lord to the hells with Crystal Sword +6. And that was how I created this mod. ;)

#32 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:15 PM

Damn those shadows - played ring-around-the roses again with them. Still no gem. So I cheated with an ExploreArea() to get past the locked door to do the other quest so the shadow leading to the next level would let me pass. Nothing doing -- While he says I may pass I get "a surge of energy forces" you back.

Also, the missing son in the Bridge District. Can't find him and I looked in the dwellings in the northern most part. I'm beginning to think that maybe my later installation of Hubelpot messed of an Area file.

#33 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:46 AM

Cheating is usually the certain way to screw up things. ;)

Well, Iīll make a special patch for you to make the things with the shadows easier. Iīm sure it will be found helpful by others too who have problems with them.

#34 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:52 PM

Thanks - got down to the next level. I repeat, this mod is a real beaut!

#35 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

The closed house is releated to the main story. Youīll get in there later.

Yeah, that cave can be a bit tricky to find. Let me draw you a little map:

OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOXOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

Itīs pretty near that 'X'. Itīs on the side of some big boulders (canīt really remember if they were rocks or boulders or what). There are also trees around the entrance.

What map is that on? What is the area location? I can't find it anywhere

#36 Sandman

Sandman
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:16 AM

The closed house is releated to the main story. Youīll get in there later.

Yeah, that cave can be a bit tricky to find. Let me draw you a little map:

OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOXOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

Itīs pretty near that 'X'. Itīs on the side of some big boulders (canīt really remember if they were rocks or boulders or what). There are also trees around the entrance.

What map is that on? What is the area location? I can't find it anywhere

If you haven't already resolved this, look in a forest a bit to the east of Westchar (RA4200).

#37 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:05 AM

Topic Closed due to Spam.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!