• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:49 PM

Hey all,

I'm in Clerk's Ward trying to remember how to progress, and I noticed the Bronze Sphere is missing from my inventory...

I've only completed the game once before and I remember having it near the end. So is it meant to have gone (to Pharod, perhaps?) and I recover it later, or have I dropped it on the floor somewhere and lost it?

I just don't remember. Must be all those deaths...
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#2 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

I'm guessing you haven't been back to see Pharod since you told him you'd found the Sphere? IIRC, it's perfectly normal to be sans Spere for a bit, but you do recover it if you go back & visit him, so head on back & see if you stumble across it, for one reason or another.

- Imrahil

#3 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:46 PM

Spoiler:

Yes after the catacombs and the drowned nations you have to give it to Pharod, but you can pick it up right after you entered the Howling Thugs building and the little ensuing cutscene. It should be on his corpse.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#4 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:57 AM

Minor SPOILER
I almost always wait until returning from Curst to pick it up.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#5 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

Imrahil: Yeh, I gave it to him and am now in Curst.

I've had no reason to go back and see Pharod since I gave it to him initially, so... TNO won't even know he's dead.

I don't remember, are you given a reason ingame to head back to his corpse?

Also, unrelated, can you do anything with Dak'kon's Circlet of Zerthimon or do you need certain stats/class?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#6 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Imrahil: Yeh, I gave it to him and am now in Curst.

I've had no reason to go back and see Pharod since I gave it to him initially, so... TNO won't even know he's dead.

I don't remember, are you given a reason ingame to head back to his corpse?

Also, unrelated, can you do anything with Dak'kon's Circlet of Zerthimon or do you need certain stats/class?

View Post

You are shown a cut-scene in which Pharod is killed by shadows. Also if you head back to the buried village after the cut scene, the villagers are all talking about Pharod's death.

As for the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon, you need to talk to Dak'kon about Zerthimon's teachings before you could even read the first circle. You need a high Wisdom to understand the meaning, and a high intelligence to unlock the last 2 circles. Only a mage could scribe the circles into his spellbook.

#7 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

*I* am shown the cutscene, but TNO has no idea, and has had no reason to go back to the Buried Village since he's been chasing leads to his identity. ;)

#8 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

*I* am shown the cutscene, but TNO has no idea, and has had no reason to go back to the Buried Village since he's been chasing leads to his identity. ;)

View Post

Depends on how you play the game, if the Nameless One did not visit your tomb while getting the bronze sphere (there was no reason to visit an unknown tomb), you still have to get back this way for Lothar's quest in order to get Morte back. :new_thumbs:

#9 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:08 AM

I thought Annah asks you to go back to see Pharod?
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#10 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:30 AM

View Post

She does. That's your ingame reason to go back after Curst.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#11 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

View Post

Depends on how you play the game, if the Nameless One did not visit your tomb while getting the bronze sphere (there was no reason to visit an unknown tomb), you still have to get back this way for Lothar's quest in order to get Morte back. :new_thumbs:

View Post

I already nabbed the skull of the Silent King on my trip down, so didn't need to go back.

Sim/Ras: I guess I shall go after Curst Revisited, then! Am currently consorting with Fhjull.

#12 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

and has had no reason to go back to the Buried Village since he's been chasing leads to his identity. ;)

View Post

In addition to the above reasons, TNO has a pretty good reason to check up on Mebbeth and other Ravel incarnations.
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#13 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

Yeh, I guess he does now.

#14 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:16 PM

Speaking of Annah, if you have Annah along, Pharod would appear on the Pillar of Skulls and talk to her. So in short, if the Nameless One didn't know Pharod was dead, he would know then.

#15 Platter

Platter
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:39 PM

View Post

I always went back and got the Sphere as soon as he died so I didn't know about this. When does it happen? What does she say?

#16 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:48 AM

In my game I'm pretty sure the only hint I got in the end was Pharod in the Pillar, which (along with Ravel) prompted my return to the Village.

PS: Platter! I have been trying to PM you at several places... :)

#17 -Dreamer-

-Dreamer-

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:28 PM

I always return to Pharods body and nick his loot along with looting his personal vault. :P besides the crutch makes a decent club. if I remember right you can do something with the bronze sphere after meeting some requirements. I cant recall much of it however. :unsure: good thing I spose. cant spoil what I dont know. :cheers:

Edited by Dreamer, 22 September 2005 - 11:28 PM.

#18 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:39 AM

Without spoiling anything (I think...) hold on to it. You know your previous incarnation told pharod to get it, you know your previous incarnation used people. Hold on to it!

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#19 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:53 AM

You need higher wisdom and higher xp level for each next circle you try to unlock and understand.

#20 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:31 AM

You need higher wisdom and higher xp level for each next circle you try to unlock and understand.

Actually it is related to Int and Wis, not level (unlike Nordom who requires speciliazation in class). Int to discover new ways to unlock stuff, Wis to understand the lesson

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~