Photo

Wulfgar's Wife Is Missing Quest

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 11:59 PM

I am in a bit of a pickle. I have defeated the sapphire golems, malarchites and their leader at the end of the dungeon (where the big building with two stairways is). This was an extremely hard battle, BTW! Anyway, I cannot get into the building, and I cannot open the door on the far east side of the map that is carved with the words, "You know what to say." No matter what I answer, the door remains locked.

Am I missing something? Beogorn doesn't offer any suggestions, the journal says nothing about the doors, and I even tried fiddling with the three switches in the center of the map, all to no avail. Help please!

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

You´ll get into the building through the main doors. There´s a ghost in one of the "rooms" of the quest´s beginning area. He´ll open the door for you.

About that locked door...You´ll have to complete all the quests which are given to you by the hermit who lives in the small cottage in the wilderness. He gives you the clue you´ll need to open the door and get a treasure.

#3 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

I'm afraid I had to CLUA myself into the building. :( I did everything there, although I was unable to enter the Sanctuary. I gathered all the scrolls and rocks, then placed two rocks on each of the corresponding tiles: center, left of center, closest to the back wall, in front of the locked door, and right of the locked door. I tried all different orders, but nothing unlocked the door. I also left a character standing on each tile in addition to the two rocks. Is there a specific order in which the rocks must be placed? Should I be doing something else with the rocks instead?

Not that I'm trying to cop-out, but do you remember the area number for the Sanctuary? Just in case I can't get the rocks to work. What can I say? I'm a little slow. :doh:

Another thing I noticed, totally unrelated to the Sanctuary; I was given the quest by the Mayor's Assistant to investigate Matthew Wyndon's cabin at midnight. When I enter his house at midnight, the sparkling blue orb is there, but it cannot be clicked. I had to CLUA myself into the underground cult lair. I don't know how I found the specific area number to CLUA to; I just tried several of the RA areas, but ironically, I don't know if any of them are for the Sanctuary.

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:02 AM

Well, well...I think I´ll just write here what you need to do in both of the quests:

Wulfgar´s wife:

1. Go into the area and start the quest.
Two alternatives:
2.a. Find a ghost and speak with him. Go to the main door and kill the guardians. The ghost comes and opens the door.
2.b. Kill the guardians and find the ghost. He´ll open the door.
The ghost can be found pretty much from the centre of the area, guarded by several traps.
3. You get in and you have two alternatives.
4.a. Go speak with a ghost guarding a door on the floor. He´ll give you different coloured stones and clues in which beds you must put them in order to get to the next level. It´s a sort of an intelligence test for the player.
4.b. There´s a statue in one room. There´s a text, something like "Go stand in the circle". Put a character there for about 15 seconds and you are attacked. Kill the attacker and you get a key to another door to the next level.
5. The final level, two alternatives.
6.a. Go to the centre of the area and summon a Demi-Lich. It has the key you´ll need.
6.b. Collect rocks and clues where to put them from different places of the area. Clues are on pieces of papers you can find in containers.
7. Once you get the key enter the locked room. Make sure Wulfgar is alive. Kill the enemies and proceed as instruced after.

The assistant´s quest:

1. Enter the house at 0.00
2. A dialog window opens and you are given different possibilities. At least that is how it should play out. I don´t know if the quest is playable if that doesn´t happen.

#5 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:05 AM

And you should also know that the mod is not cheating - proof. Many variables trigger when you enter an area as it is supposed to be entered. I suggest not to use any cheats.

#6 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:25 AM

That was helpful, thank you. :)

I actually completed all of the steps, save for 6b. I'm not sure if completing both 4a and 4b somehow hurt me, but I figured it just offered me two ways of getting to the level below.

Truth be told, I finished Wulfgar's wife quest by defeating the demi-lich, gaining the key, entering the room with all the coffins, defeating the enemies (Katac, I believe, was the name of the boss), and saving Wulfgar's wife. If I read your post correctly, the tiles offer another way into rescuing Wulfgar's wife, aside from killing the demi-lich, right?

The only reason why I went back to the tiles after rescuing Delly was to try and gain entrance to the Sanctuary, because I thought that was the Sanctuary of the Dragons, which is described as a quest in Bremen. Then again, what do I know? :ermm: Is the Sanctuary of the Dragons located somewhere else?

#7 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:57 AM

Truth be told, I finished Wulfgar's wife quest by defeating the demi-lich, gaining the key, entering the room with all the coffins, defeating the enemies (Katac, I believe, was the name of the boss), and saving Wulfgar's wife.  If I read your post correctly, the tiles offer another way into rescuing Wulfgar's wife, aside from killing the demi-lich, right?

The only reason why I went back to the tiles after rescuing Delly was to try and gain entrance to the Sanctuary, because I thought that was the Sanctuary of the Dragons, which is described as a quest in Bremen.  Then again, what do I know? :ermm:  Is the Sanctuary of the Dragons located somewhere else?

View Post

Yes, the tiles offer another way.

Actually you get the start of the Dragon Sanctuary quest from the inn in Bremen. There´s this guy there, can´t remember his name. Speak with him and the quest starts to roll forwards. ;)

#8 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

Actually you get the start of the Dragon Sanctuary quest from the inn in Bremen. There´s this guy there, can´t remember his name. Speak with him and the quest starts to roll forwards. ;)

View Post

Thank you for giving me the clue about the inn. :) Martwyn is the man's name who gets the quest rolling. Of course, I thought Martwyn was just a babbler, until I tried to explore the eastern exit of the crossroads map (north of Bremen) and was unable to advance. When you told me about him, I put two and two together. ;)