Monster death causes crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 --Master Po--

--Master Po--

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:43 PM

I have found two places where killing a monster causes either a crash to the desktop or a reboot.

The first monsters were the two giants(fire?) at the mouth of the Monzuma´s Cave.
I had to use the ctrl-y cheat to kill them in order to get beyond them without crashing or rebooting.

The other monsters causing crashes were the cyclops at the start of the castle quest, Olmar's castle. Killing either of the cyclops in battle causes a crash to the desktop.

I am currently running RoT with patch v4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MP

#2 Master Po

Master Po
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

Sorry that I forgot to sign in for my above post. :doh:

Gilgamesh,

Although I have had several random reboots that seem to have no explanation, I'm enjoying the mod thus far, nice work. It could be my fault as I have several mods installed. I've done a complete reinstall and added the Bioware SoA patch along with other mods. I will give a list of the mods I've used later if I can complete the mod for other people's referrence.

I don't really need another Thief, but I'm keeping Regis around for a while just to give me a laugh when he gets wounded. :ROFL: Hilarious!

Edited by Master Po, 13 September 2005 - 06:00 PM.

#3 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:50 AM

Hmm...this could be caused by other mods since you are the only one who has got these problems. Usually crash when killing a monster is caused by a corrupted death-animation. I could try to send you the death-animations of the creatures in question.

#4 Master Po

Master Po
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:56 AM

Don't worry about sending the death animations. I found another way around the problem.

I had my mage cast mass invisibility and the entire party just walked right by the all of the cyclops without having to fight them. :)

I decided to take the side of Olmar and betray Talavan. The fights inside Olmar's castle were fun and fairly tough and the earthquack animations during the battle were a nice touch.

When I returned to the Talavan's castle with Olmar to fight the mages, we killed all of the mages, but Olmar won't talk to me afterwords. We went into the basement but all of the chests and barrels were locked (not a conventional lock). :angry: Then the game caused a reboot.

Is the party just supposed to leave the castle with Olmar after fighting the mages to get the quest to continue? I'll have to reload and fight the mages again as the game crashed before I could save.

#5 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

After you´ve killed the female mage upstairs (don´t recall her name) and fighting has ended, Olmar should talk to you. If that doesn´t happen, I´ll have to look into it.

#6 Master Po

Master Po
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

After you´ve killed the female mage upstairs (don´t recall her name) and fighting has ended, Olmar should talk to you. If that doesn´t happen, I´ll have to look into it.

View Post

Olmar talked with me after I found the stairway going up and we took out the mages. Doh! :fish: